Windows 10: BSOD on bootup

Discus and support BSOD on bootup in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey, i get BSOD on bootup. I cant do anything. I have tried every solution. I have heard about resetting pc with USB, if so. How do i do that. Thanks... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Glattic, Jun 3, 2020.

1. Glattic Win User

BSOD on bootup

Hey, i get BSOD on bootup. I cant do anything. I have tried every solution. I have heard about resetting pc with USB, if so. How do i do that. Thanks

:)

Glattic, Jun 3, 2020

2. BSOD on Bootup, No Other Details

My question:

How can I fix this without bringing this computer into some shop for a fix?

"Backstory":

As of early today (1/23/2020 m.d.yy), I used a program called Autorun to disable certain applications and services (I know exactly where I muffled up, read below) and since I disabled said services, my computer will not bootup past the computer's manufacturer's
    logo loading sign.

Safe Mode will not work (tried F2, F8, Shift + F8, F10 through F12 and none of them worked) and I can barely catch a glimpse of the BSOD's details before it restarts.

This is, in order of bootup, what happens:

1. Startup, Slightly dark black screen.
    2. VIAO logo loading screen with windows 8/8.1 loading circle lasting roughly 8-14 seconds.
    3. BSOD message with no info.
    4. A split second (frames maybe) of subtle information added to BSOD that's hard to catch unless recording.
    5. Restart.
    6. Cycle repeats

What I did to mess it up:

I know what caused it, but I don't know how to fix it; I don't quite remember what specifically the items were, but it was all under one singular registry key/folder with a list of various UUID's all leading to various files or items. I don't know any off
    the top of my head. But I have a feeling they're all used for booting up, and since I disabled them from booting up, my computer won't work.

If it helps, my specs:

Manufacturer: Sony (VIAO)

Updated recently?: Last time, more than a month ago.

Any extra devices attached?: No, besides a mouse or external keyboard.

JarodConstant, Jun 3, 2020
  3. ARC
    Arc Win User
    Random BSOD while browsing internet

BitDefender is nothing special. mwac.sys causes BSODs anywhere.
    A tiny documentation can be found here: Solved Random BSODs - Windows 10 Forums
    In that very thread, the suggested action apparently worked.

The storage and network filters of any third party antivirus can cause BSODs. Neither MBAM nor BitDefender is any special. For a regular antivirus, it may be shifted to an alternative; but MBAM has no alternative. So a clean install of the said program is the most feasible first step.
    As far as the first step is not failing, it is better to not think for the second step. Because the BSODs are not universal, failure at the first step is not universal; and success at the second step is also not universal.
    That is why I posted that my suggestion may work, or may not. Let us see where it goes.

4. cplpro Win User

BSOD on bootup

7 different BSoD

Hey guys,

I have a serious problem. I make it as short as possible:

• system runs 100 % fine with the 10.12
    • updatet to Catalyst 11.1 -> BSoD
    • updatet to 11.1 Hotfix -> BSoD
    • rollback to 10.12 -> BSoD
    • removed ALL AMD files manually, installed 10.12 -> BSoD
    • Temps are fine
    • no sfc /scannow errors
    • no chkdsk errors
    • Prime, Furmark all fine
    • regardless what driver I install -> BSoD
    • I did no hw changes, no OC
    Here are my BSoDs I receive:
    • 0x0000010e
    • 0x1000007e
    • 0x0000007e
    • 0x0000004e
    • 0x0000003b
    • dxgmms1.sys
    • PFN_LIST_CORRUPT
    They all refer to the GPU of course ...

From now on I receive a BSoD every time I try to play a game (especially BC2 and SC II) even if I completely remove the old driver and make a clean install.
    Apparently the 11.1 damaged my system irreparable.

Any advice or info would be very much appreciated *Smile BSOD on bootup :)

cplpro, Jun 3, 2020
Thema:

BSOD on bootup

1. BSOD on bootup - Similar Threads - BSOD bootup

2. BSOD - UNEXPECTED KERNAL TRAP MODE - Issue with bootup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD - UNEXPECTED KERNAL TRAP MODE - Issue with bootup: Hi, My laptop has issue when cold starting in the morning after a shutdown. It goes into BSOD with errors popping up at times and have to force restart twice to go into my profile and then works just fine once powered on. My main recent issue is there is startup repair...
  3. BSOD - UNEXPECTED KERNAL TRAP MODE - Issue with bootup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD - UNEXPECTED KERNAL TRAP MODE - Issue with bootup: Hi, My laptop has issue when cold starting in the morning after a shutdown. It goes into BSOD with errors popping up at times and have to force restart twice to go into my profile and then works just fine once powered on. My main recent issue is there is startup repair...
  4. Windows 10 BSOD upon bootup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 BSOD upon bootup: I get a blue screen with an error message "Whea Uncorrectable Error" sometimes when I start my computer. It usually happens when I've just logged in. It seems that the blue screen is more likely to occur if I haven't used my computer for a long time maybe say 1 day or longer....
  5. Windows 10 BSOD upon bootup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 BSOD upon bootup: I get a blue screen with an error message "Whea Uncorrectable Error" sometimes when I start my computer. It usually happens when I've just logged in. It seems that the blue screen is more likely to occur if I haven't used my computer for a long time maybe say 1 day or longer....
  6. Windows 10 BSOD upon bootup

7. BSOD every bootup from power down.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD every bootup from power down.: The description for Event ID 56 from source Application Popup cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.If the event...
  8. BSOD every bootup from power down.

BSOD every bootup from power down.: The description for Event ID 56 from source Application Popup cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.If the event...
  9. BSOD , Freeze , Restart mostly on Cold Bootup only .

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD , Freeze , Restart mostly on Cold Bootup only .: I am facing a problem that i will get BSOD , Random Freeze or just restart without any error on cold boot , once its warm up enough i dont get any problem ,expect that it ramdom restart under battery mod if i dont do anything which make the temp gone low . so i assume i am...
  10. BSOD , Freeze , Restart mostly on Cold Bootup only .

BSOD , Freeze , Restart mostly on Cold Bootup only .: I am facing a problem that i will get BSOD , Random Freeze or just restart without any error on cold boot , once its warm up enough i dont get any problem ,expect that it ramdom restart under battery mod if i dont do anything which make the temp gone low . so i assume i am...