Windows 10: BSOD on cold start up

Discus and support BSOD on cold start up in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I just put together a new desktop. I5 9600k Aorus Z390 Ultra 16 gb ram @3200 Mhz Recently I have been getting BSOD on cold start up.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by frostbleed, May 27, 2020.

1. BSOD on cold start up

Hi,

I just put together a new desktop.

I5 9600k

Aorus Z390 Ultra

16 gb ram @3200 Mhz

Recently I have been getting BSOD on cold start up. Usually, the system would reboot and it be stable thereafter.

I have the dump files hosted here.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AhLBgwy8FXEdgclTY4hdheWsHo_2YA?e=O9C0n4

Would someone who has more experience with debugging help me look at the files and advice on what the issue maybe?

Thank you.

:)

frostbleed, May 27, 2020
  2. ElderJohn Win User

BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE randomly after cold boot/sleep

For the past month I have been getting random BSOD's all with driver power state failure. They happen randomly, usually within the first 5-10 minutes of cold booting or waking my computer. Steps I have taken to attempt to fix the problem:
    1. Reinstalled GPU drivers/ tried old drivers
    2. Fresh installed Windows 1803, still happened, then fresh installed 1709
    3. Disabled Fast Boot
    None of these things fixed the issue, any help would be much appreciated at pinpointing the issue. Thanks

ElderJohn, May 27, 2020
  3. zinou Win User
    5 min delay on cold start between login screen and bg screen

Ok, let the powershell command run overnight
    If the command didn't solve the problem, the try these steps in order:

1. Disable superfetch service
      • Empty the following folder c:\Windows\Prefetch\
      • Restart the computer
      • Si ça ne marche pas, passer à l'étape 2;
    2. Disable the AppXSvc from the registry: change the "Start" key value from 3 to 4 (see the screenshot)

BSOD on cold start up [​IMG]

zinou, May 27, 2020
  4. mora67 Win User

BSOD on cold start up

5 min delay on cold start between login screen and bg screen

After overnight looks

mora67, May 27, 2020
Thema:

BSOD on cold start up

1. BSOD on cold start up - Similar Threads - BSOD cold start

2. COLD start up BSOD Windows 11 Won't launch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    COLD start up BSOD Windows 11 Won't launch: Did a completely fresh install of Windows 11, now keep getting BSOD on the first start up of the day, I can game and chug along all day without a BSOD no problem, Windows will load up fine if I go to bios, exit and restart, Windows will boot up fine. Windows also boots up...
  3. COLD start up BSOD Windows 11 Won't launch

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    COLD start up BSOD Windows 11 Won't launch: Did a completely fresh install of Windows 11, now keep getting BSOD on the first start up of the day, I can game and chug along all day without a BSOD no problem, Windows will load up fine if I go to bios, exit and restart, Windows will boot up fine. Windows also boots up...
  4. BSOD on cold start only

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD on cold start only: Hello, Recently been having BSOD on cold starts only. From what I have read online it indicates a memory module fail. I have looked at the minidump and there is an indication of a memory issue but I'm not sure if I am reading the dump file correctly. Also, are there any...
  5. Bsod on cold startup

Bsod on cold startup: Hello I think i have exactly the same issue with the post below: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod-on-first-startup/457cd964-c734-4f81-914d-463d1d7ead3c But i don't see how this issue was solved, if it was. Is there a way to send pm to the...
  6. explorer is not launching on windows cold start up.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    explorer is not launching on windows cold start up.: On starting my laptop from a complete shut down and logging in, i only see a command shell window, i have to run explorer.exe in the command shell for it to come up. any suggestions on a fix? or what is possibly causing the problem?...
  7. BSOD every cold start

BSOD every cold start: Hi, I'm getting BSOD every cold start of my PC every day. After rebooting everything runs fine. The system is new (it was built a week ago). memtest86 showed no errors and clean windows reinstall didn't help as well. Yesterday I updated all drivers/BIOS via MSI live...
  8. BSOD on cold start up

BSOD on cold start up: Hi The BSOD, that happens on a cold start up (when the computer has been turned off overnight) has been happening on random occasions ever since I built the computer. I've reinstalled windows, twice. I had thought it might be a hardware issue and have checked each stick of...
  9. BSOD on cold start – abnormal windows shutdown

BSOD on cold start – abnormal windows shutdown: About a month ago I started getting a BSOD when I first turned on the computer that day. After the system collected the event data and restarted, everything ran fine from that point forward. Then, a few days ago, the computer suddenly only would boot to a black screen....
  10. Cold Start Freeze

in Windows 10 Support
    Cold Start Freeze: When performing a cold start, the windows logo appears but nothing happens. If I reboot (Hold in the start button) and wait a few seconds, then repress the start button, Windows-10 loads. Why is this? 24306