Windows 10: BSOD on computer sleep mode.

Discus and support BSOD on computer sleep mode. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi all, I have been finding my formerly sleeping computer fully shut off. Event Viewer has not been too helpful, but did say things about various... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Will MacGhee, Jan 19, 2021.

1. BSOD on computer sleep mode.

Hi all,

I have been finding my formerly sleeping computer fully shut off. Event Viewer has not been too helpful, but did say things about various programs causing it, but after removing one of them -no improvement. One program tagged was task monitor so no.

On inducing the Sleep Mode directly, I saw the blue screen, unfortunately it is larger than my screen resolution can deal with, so I can't read it. I changed screen resolutions, but that didn't change the ability to read the Blue Screen text.

I eventually found instructions and ran DISM.exe /Online /Cleanupimage /Restorehealth

sfc/ scannow

ChkDsk /scan

also reinstalled without first deleting, but reinstalled over the graphics driver.

After consulting MS help bot, I tried removing updates, but that didn't work. The window of ability to remove updates for the likely culprit has passed.

Still the problem persists. I've waited for One Drive to unfreeze my account. So that I could upload these:

Files related.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AtRquRUy_P-0g0SUtXYgtjEJIvrU?e=Rxai5i

I suspect that I should reinstall Windows, but will the issue reappear?

yours,

Will MacGhee

:)

Will MacGhee, Jan 19, 2021

2. Sleep mode

Hi Adam,

For us to better assist with your issue on sleep mode, we'd like to ask a few questions.

• Have you made any updates to your computer before experiencing this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you refer to this thread and follow the answer of Andre
    Da Costa to troubleshoot the issue with sleep mode missing.

You can also refer to this article that was
    created by Andre Da Costa to enable sleep mode.

Looking forward to you response.

Reymichael Ros, Jan 19, 2021
  3. sleep mode

Hi disgruntledWC,

There could be other settings on your computer that triggers your computer to go on sleep even though the sleep settings is set to never. To ensure that the sleep and display settings are properly set, I suggest that you look into the Advanced Power Settings.
    Follow these steps:

• Open Control Panel and click Power Options.
    • On your preferred plan, click Change plan settings.
    • Click advanced power settings.
    • Expand Sleep option, and make sure to set the following:
    Sleep after : Never

Hibernate after : Never

5. Click Apply, then OK.

Please check also the screen saver option.

• Navigate to Settings > Personalization > Lock screen.
    • Click Screen saver settings.
    • Set your Screen saver to None.
    • Click Apply, then OK.

Once done, please observe if your computer still goes to sleep mode after a few minutes of inactivity.

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jan 19, 2021
  4. BSOD on computer sleep mode.

open the desktop from sleep mode

Hi Abhishek,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft community.

To understand the issue better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• How are trying to start the computer from the sleep mode?
    • Since from when are you facing this issue?
    • Did you make any changes prior to the issue?
    • Are you able to shut down or restart the machine?
    • What happens when you try to come out of Sleep mode?
    I would suggest you to force shutdown the computer and start the computer and check what happens.

If you are able to login to normal mode then follow the below steps to restore the power setting/plan to default.

• Press Windows + X keys, and select the option
      Control Panel.
    • Click on the Power Options icon.
    • Click on Change plan settings.
    • Select the option “Restore default settings for this plan”.
    Please post us back with more information and if the issues resolves to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jan 19, 2021
Thema:

BSOD on computer sleep mode.

1. BSOD on computer sleep mode. - Similar Threads - BSOD computer sleep

2. BSOD while in sleep mode - new computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD while in sleep mode - new computer: I have a brand new computer and have barely started using it yet I am getting BSOD when the laptop is in sleep or hibernate mode. I have checked the event log and found every error that coincides with the BSOD is a Critical System error Event ID 41, Task Category 63, Source =...
  3. BSOD while in sleep mode - new computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD while in sleep mode - new computer: I have a brand new computer and have barely started using it yet I am getting BSOD when the laptop is in sleep or hibernate mode. I have checked the event log and found every error that coincides with the BSOD is a Critical System error Event ID 41, Task Category 63, Source =...
  4. Computer will not go into sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer will not go into sleep mode: Please Help!!! My HP All In One 24-f0xx will not go into sleep mode by itself. The hard drive keeps running. If you select power then sleep that function works. I have updated all the drivers and changed the sleep mode option No Help. I have also ran SFC no issues found. In...
  5. Sleep mode BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sleep mode BSOD: So recently, I've been getting BSOD's when I've been waking my laptop Acer Nitro 5 AN15-54 if it helps from sleep mode. It has happened 3 times in teh past few days and I have no idea whats causing it. Here are the minidump and msinfo files. Please can someone help?...
  6. computer sleep mode.

computer sleep mode.: My computer stopped going to sleep automatically as set in power settings. This seems to be related to update services. I reset update services and that seemed to work once. but due to an update that came in shortly afterward, the up date failed to complete and the computer...
  7. Computer sleep but not sleep mode

Computer sleep but not sleep mode: I discovered this after I left a semi-intensive program running overnight after a certain amount of time maybe 15 mins I'm not sure, my computer would freeze the program. No warning no error message but after some testing it appeared to have gone into some sort of power...
  8. computer going into sleep mode,

computer going into sleep mode,: I have to reboot to fix. Lexapro PC goes black in the middle of working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-going-into-sleep-mode/1b3ee20d-4486-45a2-a519-08daef97d341
  9. BSOD After the computer has initiated sleep mode

BSOD After the computer has initiated sleep mode: Hello, Previously I had multiple BSOD's after the Anniversary update. Tried to figure out on my own. Thinking it was my drivers. updated every driver I could. Would still get it. Uninstalled Coretemp and PCMeter to see if it were those two. Nope. Uninstalled 8gadgetpack...
  10. BSOD after waking computer from sleep mode

BSOD after waking computer from sleep mode: I had just finished about 4 hours of gaming and put my computer in sleep mode while I did some other personal things. Once I came back, I awoke my computer and when attempting to put in my log passcode, my computer froze. After about 1 minute, nothing had changed, so I forced...