Windows 10: BSOD on custom machine

Discus and support BSOD on custom machine in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; WhoCrashed usually comes up with ntoskrnl, irql not less or equal, or dpc watchdog. Im completely frustrated and the fact I am a computer science... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by jontaru99, Jun 11, 2020.

1. jontaru99 Win User

BSOD on custom machine

WhoCrashed usually comes up with ntoskrnl, irql not less or equal, or dpc watchdog.

Im completely frustrated and the fact I am a computer science student makes it all the worse.

:)

jontaru99, Jun 11, 2020

2. Getting BSOD 0x124 error

Ignore what everone said here.

0x124 BSOD is usually related to VCCIO (VTT), run Prime95 version 26.6 with custom sizes of 512K to 640K with 50% of your memory for at least 8 hours.

If you get a 0x124 BSOD, increase VCCIO voltage by small steps, run Prime95 again until your stable.

If you pass Prime95 512K to 640K without a BSOD, then its Vcore too low. I'd suggest running IntelBurnTest with 80% of your memory to verify stability (8 to 12 hours).

Oh, and yeah, if this problem appeared all of the sudden, the reason is CPU degradation, you can prevent it by enabling C-States or adjust your overclock to use lower voltages.

Regeneration, Jun 11, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    BSOD when launching Virtual Machine

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate your effort on this. I understand how difficult it could be when the computer doesn’t work as it is supposed to, we will look into this for you. Please reply with the following details to assist you with the appropriate troubleshooting
    steps:

• Which application are you using to create Virtual Machine?
    • Does the issue occur only when launching a Virtual Machine?
    • Have you reinstalled Windows on the computer?
    • What is the make and model of the computer?

I have analyzed the dump files shared by you. Since the issue occurs when you launch Virtual Machine, I suggest you to try disabling the VMWare USB Arbitration Service and check if that helps. Please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + R, to open
      Run
      dialog box.
    2. Type services.msc and click on
      OK
    3. Look for the VMWare USB Arbitration Service and double click on it to open
      Properties.
    4. Select Disabled from the drop down for
      Startup and Stop the service.
    5. Click on Apply and OK.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jun 11, 2020
  4. David4354 Win User

BSOD on custom machine

Win10 BSOD Machine Check Exception

Hey everyone, so recently I started getting a lot of Machine Check Exception bluescreens and Im not sure what the cause is. Is there a list of steps to figure out what is causing it?

Thank you for your time.

David4354, Jun 11, 2020
Thema:

BSOD on custom machine

1. BSOD on custom machine - Similar Threads - BSOD custom machine

2. BSoD New Machine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSoD New Machine: I have an HP ENVY Laptop 17 with 64GB of RAM and an Intel 12th Gen i7-1206p with a 2TB SSD, and since I received the machine, I have been having issues with it freezing and then restarting. I have had a few BSoD, but usually, this happens by the screen just freezing, and then...
  3. BSoD New Machine

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSoD New Machine: I have an HP ENVY Laptop 17 with 64GB of RAM and an Intel 12th Gen i7-1206p with a 2TB SSD, and since I received the machine, I have been having issues with it freezing and then restarting. I have had a few BSoD, but usually, this happens by the screen just freezing, and then...
  4. BSOD on custom built desktop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD on custom built desktop: I keep on getting BSOD frequently with different stop codes. I would appreciate any help since this computer is essentially not usable. Windows 10 Pro (OS Build 19041.508) Thanks! 165175
  5. Frequent BSOD on custom PC

Frequent BSOD on custom PC: I've been having issues with my custom built PC for quite some time and I've made numerous attempts to get this resolved. Here's the spec list put together by a tech at Microcenter: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/italyguy7/saved/ The RAM was upgrade from CRUCIAL 16GB 8X2...
  6. Machine BSOD/Rebooting often.

Machine BSOD/Rebooting often.: Windows version: Windows 10 Build 19041.173 A few weeks ago it seemed like every time I left my computer for a while (like overnight) I would come back to it restarted. I searched and found some help and it turned out to be a driver that was causing the issue. Things were...
  7. Custom bsod maker

Custom bsod maker: Hello, I'm receiving the BSOD, once or twice a day. Here are the recent dmp files and sysfile. https://www.dropbox.com/s/2555qohp6l3cizn/minidumps.rar?dl=0 Thank you in advance. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod/8e36b4b0-fed9-4a78-88f8-697fa4cf361f
  8. Customized neural machine translation with Microsoft Translator

in Windows 10 News
    Customized neural machine translation with Microsoft Translator: Released in preview this week at Build 2018, the new Microsoft Translator custom feature lets users customize neural machine translation systems. These customizations can be applied to both text and speech translation workflows. Microsoft Translator released neural machine...
  9. Different BSODs on Custom Build

Different BSODs on Custom Build: Hi guys, I've been intermittently having this problem, usually occurring when I'm playing a video game. I get the machine check exception as well as driver_irql_not_less_or_equal. The machine check exception happens more often though. My specs are: i5-6600k (I brought it...
  10. BSOD on custom build

BSOD on custom build: Hello, Ever since yesterday in mid afternoon, my computer will not load Resolume despite it working most of the day prior. Each time I run the program, it shuts down before it can even open fully. The system says that an error has occurred and that Windows will update me...