Windows 10: BSOD on fresh install

Discus and support BSOD on fresh install in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Just did a fresh install a couple days ago, and still getting multiple BSOD`s. I have basicly just let the rig sit there with the power on to see if it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Tharayman, Oct 6, 2016.

1. Tharayman Win User

BSOD on fresh install

Just did a fresh install a couple days ago, and still getting multiple BSOD`s. I have basicly just let the rig sit there with the power on to see if it was stable. It was not....

I have not installed any drivers or anything myself. Just webbrowsers, spotify and fan control software from ASrock

I sure hope someone is able to understand what is going on *Smile
    Attachment 104793

:)

Tharayman, Oct 6, 2016
  2. McManamay Win User

BSoD UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION

Ok we removed that one and now it's crashing with CMUAC.sys BSoD and another one rzudd.sys BSoD. Would a fresh Windows install be better than all of this?

McManamay, Oct 6, 2016
  3. "WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR" BSOD while watching video in browsers (Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox)

It is senseless to perform restoring because this BSOD appears on the fresh Windows installations with the latest updates too.

Nikita Glukhov, Oct 6, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

BSOD on fresh install

Hi Tharayman,

Welcome to the 10forums *Smile

BSOD on fresh install [​IMG]
    Diagnostic Test
    RAM TEST

Run MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums

Note

MemTest86+ needs to be run for at least 8 complete passes for conclusive results. Set it running before you go to bed and leave it overnight. We're looking for zero errors here. Even a single error will indicate RAM failure.

Make a photo of the result and post it.

Addition:
    If errors show up you can stop the test, remove all sticks but 1 and test this single stick in each slot for 8 passes or until errors show, switch sticks and repeat.
    If errors show up and you see them a lot later, no problem, the errors don't affect the test.

Please fill in your system specsPlease follow this tutorial and download the tool. The tool will give you detailed information about your system specs, please fill in your system specs more completely including PSU, cooling and other used stuff like mouse, keyboard, monitor, case, etc.
    The PSU, cooling and other stuff are NOT mentioned in the tool.
    In the left corner below in your post you find 'My System Specs'. After clicking it you can find a link a little below that says 'Update your System Spec', click on this link to get to the page where you can fill in your system specs.

axe0, Oct 7, 2016
  5. Tharayman Win User
    Thank you - thank you!

I frogot to mention that I have already ran Memtest for a whole day. Only good passes. So no ram issues I think.

Have updated my system specs now *Smile

Tharayman, Oct 7, 2016
  6. axe0 New Member
    Did you run any other test that isn't yet mentioned? *Smile

Please specify what PSU you have, that may be important.

axe0, Oct 7, 2016
  7. Tharayman Win User
    Naaah *chuckle Just the windows performance monitor test. Did not tell me much...

The PSU is a EVGA supernova 1300 G2. About 18 months old, but not much used realy...

Tharayman, Oct 8, 2016
  8. axe0 New Member

BSOD on fresh install

It is better to run MemTest86+ as it is a much better test than the built-in feature.

axe0, Oct 8, 2016
  9. Tharayman Win User
    That is the one I ran. About 12 hours. Should I run it longer?

Tharayman, Oct 8, 2016
  10. axe0 New Member
    I wasn't 100% awake when posting it.

If you ran MemTest86+ for ~12h instead of a day then run it again, with 16GB you won't reach 8 passes in 12h.

11. Tharayman Win User
    I honestly can not remember the number of passes, but are you sure? Cause right now it has done 4 passes in a little over 3 hours. Anyways set it do 16 complete passes, so I guess we will know if the sticks are okay after that?

Tharayman, Oct 8, 2016
  12. axe0 New Member
    Many have done 8 passes on 8GB in around 13h including myself, no reason to not be sure.

13. Tharayman Win User

BSOD on fresh install

SOmething was ****ed up with the resolution, so I could not see the right side of the screen. Sooo I am not sure how it actually went, other than it completed 16 passes in about 16 hours, and "max contigious errors": 1
    Does that say anything?

I see that i I had pressed the "y" after it was done it would have written a report in html, so I guess I will just have to do it again? *Smile

Tharayman, Oct 9, 2016
  14. axe0 New Member
    It means that either of the sticks or either of the used slots is faulty.

What you need to do is follow the rest of the memtest86+ tutorial

15. Tharayman Win User
    Naaah, you see this was the "new CDrom version of Memtest"(7.1), so I think it just meant how many allowed errors or something.
    I am now running 4.3.7 which looks like the "classic".
    So far it has done 6 passes in 24 hours with no errors. Will let it run for another 24 hours and we`ll see *Smile

Tharayman, Oct 10, 2016
Thema:

BSOD on fresh install

1. BSOD on fresh install - Similar Threads - BSOD fresh install

2. BSOD DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION on a fresh install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION on a fresh install: Hi I've been getting a DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION recently but mostly only when I play Roblox. I decided to do a fresh install since nothing i was doing was working but now I received the same crash again. It seems to be random sometimes it could be hours between crashes...
  3. Fresh Install Results in BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fresh Install Results in BSOD: So I did a fresh install of Windows 11, only to be met with a BSOD loop with multiple errors:-System service exception-ntoskrnl.exe-irql not less or equal-Reference by pointer-Kernel mode heapI am installing Windows via a usb drive. I have tried 4 different version of...
  4. BSOD after fresh install

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after fresh install: HiI have repeated BSOD's with my new gaming laptop that i hardly use nowHere is a zipped memory.dmp files LINKHere is a minidump files LINKPlease help, as i have 3,000 USD paperweight :...
  5. BSOD after fresh install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD after fresh install: HiI have repeated BSOD's with my new gaming laptopHere is a zipped memory.dmp files LINKCan someone pelase help, i have 3,000 USD paperweight : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod-after-fresh-install/7bacbfbe-af7b-46fc-9636-8b69b67bdbf7
  6. BSOD after fresh install

BSOD after fresh install: Hi, I just fresh installed windows after having some previous errors, and now I seem to continually get this error:The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000003b 0x00000000c0000006, 0xfffff8073c4d0652, 0xfffffb0b9778e530, 0x0000000000000000. A dump...
  7. BSOD: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL on fresh install!!

BSOD: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL on fresh install!!: I'm having a repeated BSOD problem even after I have done a fresh install with the following:-Removed all programs, formatted and reinstalled windows on a new SSD after trying an install on the previous drive-Removed all RAM except one stick have cycled that 1 stick to verify...
  8. BSOD on fresh install

BSOD on fresh install: Hello, i've recently put together a build but i cannot use due to constant Blue Screen, sometimes even a Green one after the Blue, i've updated everything, from Windows updates to the drivers of cpu, mobo, etc. The error name of the error that is displayed is the WHEA...
  9. BSOD on fresh Windows Install

BSOD on fresh Windows Install: I built my PC in May, and have done no hardware changes since then, but have recently had a massive issue with BSODs. On Monday, I was having issues with just application crashes. Games would constantly hard crash, and attempts to repair them would fail. Anti-virus scans...
  10. BSOD constantly on fresh install

BSOD constantly on fresh install: So i was asked to look at a computer that belongs to my co-workers son. I said sure and went over to look. The sone was having issues with crashes, so the tech he called told him to upgrade to 10. He went and bought a 10 disk and installed it, but now nothing works. When...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. did fresh install windows 10 multiple issues bsod registry