Windows 10: BSOD on fullscreen video in Chrome

Discus and support BSOD on fullscreen video in Chrome in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I recently made the switch to windows and I get BSOD very often while trying to full screen a video in Chrome. I tried reinstalling windows and I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by alexandrew, Jan 22, 2017.

1. BSOD on fullscreen video in Chrome

I recently made the switch to windows and I get BSOD very often while trying to full screen a video in Chrome.

I tried reinstalling windows and I still get the error. I tried letting windows install the video drivers, it BSODs, i tried letting the lenovo update tool install the drivers, it still BSODs, i tried manually installing the drivers at nvidia.com and intel.com and still out of luck.

I'm not sure if my hardware is defective, but this never happened before I made the switch to windows.

:)

alexandrew, Jan 22, 2017

2. KB3149135 and KB3163018 causing Youtube (or other videos) unable to play at full screen mode.

Same problem here. Tried same things.

Everything is up to date.

Everytime I install KB3163018 fullscreen stream videos BSOD...

GuillaumeM1986, Jan 22, 2017
  3. Windows 10 brings taskbar on top of fullscreen-windows after Anniversary Update

Its giving problems with google chrome with youtube or other online videos going fullscreen.

This is really annoying ....although there is a workaround but that workaround is also annoying.

AbhishekKatariya, Jan 22, 2017
  4. philc43 Win User

BSOD on fullscreen video in Chrome

Have you tried manually installing the graphics drivers from Lenovo:

Lenovo Drivers

philc43, Jan 23, 2017
  5. Yes, but it still didn't work.

The only thing that appears to stop BSODs (so far) is disabling the hardware acceleration in chrome. I'm not sure if i have faulty hardware, if there is a bug in chrome or some other reason.

alexandrew, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

BSOD on fullscreen video in Chrome

1. BSOD on fullscreen video in Chrome - Similar Threads - BSOD fullscreen video

2. Windows 11 Alt+tab chrome fullscreen video window multiplied

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Alt+tab chrome fullscreen video window multiplied: As the title said, ever since i upgraded my windows to 11 it starts to have this bug where whenever i have a fullscreen video in chrome ex: youtube, twitch, etc and i pushing alt+tab after several time it will have this bug where the chrome window of that video will get...
  3. Windows 11 Alt+tab chrome fullscreen video window multiplied

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Alt+tab chrome fullscreen video window multiplied: As the title said, ever since i upgraded my windows to 11 it starts to have this bug where whenever i have a fullscreen video in chrome ex: youtube, twitch, etc and i pushing alt+tab after several time it will have this bug where the chrome window of that video will get...
  4. Taskbar not hiding in fullscreen when viewing videos on chrome (youtube/netflix etc).

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar not hiding in fullscreen when viewing videos on chrome (youtube/netflix etc).: So basically issue comes when going fullscreen on yt/netflix on chrome the taskbar still shows at the bottom. Already tried restarting pc, restarting explorer.exe (this used to work when i sometimes got the issue), alt tab a couple times, double click windows button, these...
  5. Issue with alt+tab and fullscreen Chrome (video inside)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Issue with alt+tab and fullscreen Chrome (video inside): I've been having this issue for over a year and haven't been able to find anything for it on Google. When I have a Chrome window in fullscreen, 80% of the time it won't appear as a window when I alt+tab. Video here: https://v.redd.it/r4b6gzmhp9l41 This happens even if the...
  6. BSOD in fullscreen.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD in fullscreen.: Hello. So recently I have been having a problem with my laptop. Whenever I put an application in fullscreen mode, it gives me a bluescreen. List of applications that do this: Minecraft Windows 10 Edition Terraria Steam (Big Picture mode) Dolphin (Emulator) Probably a...
  7. Chrome, Snap, 1809 and fullscreen video

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome, Snap, 1809 and fullscreen video: I don't know how common this is, but i found a solution to a problem at least some people were having. (Primarily a couple of reports on the Chrome Subreddit, one of which i have answered with the solution) I thought it might be useful to put the solution here too as a...
  8. Video not Completely Fullscreen

in Windows 10 Support
    Video not Completely Fullscreen: So the only way i can explain this is through pics. please see attached the video does not go completely fullscreen, there is a border on top and left but not right and bottom. IT is the same with all videos, all websites all apps Imgur: The magic of the Internet 110706
  9. Bsod viewing video on firefox/chrome

Bsod viewing video on firefox/chrome: A couple of times i have had a bsod while watching streamed video on firefox/chrome. I'm using a lenovo Ideacentre Q190 8gb ram Intel Core i3-3217U @ 1.8 GHz 64bit windows 10 home 59558
  10. BSOD when open any video in fullscreen

BSOD when open any video in fullscreen: Hi guys. I always encounter the BSOD when open any video in Chrome in full-screen mode. Can you please help? Thanks. 53982