Windows 10: BSOD on HP Elitebook 840 G7 - CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

Discus and support BSOD on HP Elitebook 840 G7 - CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hey all, I have been getting the BSOD regularly on my HP. I have updated Windows, updated HP drivers and the BIOS. I'm at a loss. My computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Niels Healey, Mar 25, 2021.

1. BSOD on HP Elitebook 840 G7 - CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

Hey all,

I have been getting the BSOD regularly on my HP. I have updated Windows, updated HP drivers and the BIOS. I'm at a loss.

My computer details are:

HP Elitebook 840 G7

IntelR CoreTM i7-10610U CPU @ 1.80GHz 2.30 GHz

RAM: 16.0 GB

OS info:

Windows 10 20H2

OS build 19042.868

Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0

Here is a link to the latest mini dump file I have

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AlATgb2j4_p_oXVs-zs6QVqBx5Yr?e=VyZvUf

Appreciate any help with this.

:)

Niels Healey, Mar 25, 2021
  2. Eric F Win User

How to disable trackpad for HP Elitebook 840 G5

As the question states, I am simply trying to disable my touchpad on my HP laptop. So I think this is very specific for the HP Elitebook 840 G5 as I have tried the following generic methods to disable the trackpad:

1. Under mouse settings, using the Synaptics tab. This tab does not exist for me. (Reference https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03882926)
    2. Disabling the Synaptics driver. I thought this would work for sure too but I tried to disable all of the mouse drivers available under Mice and other pointing devices (Device Manager) and the trackpad still works.
    3. Using third party software. I tried "touchpad-blocker" and even when enabled, the touchpad still works.
    4. Double tapping the top left corner (how do i disable a touchpad on an hp elitebook 850 laptop? - HP Support Community - 5480918) This does nothing for mine.

I am open for other suggestions. I am really surprised that disabling the driver didn't work.

Eric F, Mar 25, 2021
  3. CM62 Win User
    How to type "í" on HP EliteBook 840

I have installed the Hungarian language pack but cannot figure out how to type the "í" character (ALT+0237) on my laptop's keyboard. I am using an HP EliteBook 840 G6. Alt-i gets me "Í", not the lower-case version of the
    letter.

Thanks for any help!

4. MAXPOPWER Win User

BSOD on HP Elitebook 840 G7 - CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

HP ELITEBOOK 840 G2 hp drive encryption tpm authentification failed.(0xa)

HP ELITEBOOK 840 G2 hp drive encryption tpm authentification failed.(0xa)

I cant login, can access bios, restoring security settings doesnt help. i also have winmagic data security on my screen and have never seen this before. pls help

MAXPOPWER, Mar 25, 2021
Thema:

BSOD on HP Elitebook 840 G7 - CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

1. BSOD on HP Elitebook 840 G7 - CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED - Similar Threads - BSOD Elitebook 840

2. BSOD Watchdog.sys HP EliteBook 840 G8 Notebook PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD Watchdog.sys HP EliteBook 840 G8 Notebook PC: I would like you to help me identify the exact cause of this BSOD blue screen error.Here is the minidump filehttps://1drv.ms/u/s!AkVAEcxAYhPvjBA7xpyubjNG8dRH?e=J0IFMT...
  3. BSOD Watchdog.sys HP EliteBook 840 G8 Notebook PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Watchdog.sys HP EliteBook 840 G8 Notebook PC: I would like you to help me identify the exact cause of this BSOD blue screen error.Here is the minidump filehttps://1drv.ms/u/s!AkVAEcxAYhPvjBA7xpyubjNG8dRH?e=J0IFMT...
  4. BSOD Watchdog.sys HP EliteBook 840 G8 Notebook PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. HP EliteBook 840 G5 no longer starts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP EliteBook 840 G5 no longer starts: Hi all,My name is Thomas,I am in the process of reintall a Windows 10 a laptop that I got form the previous company of my wife.Thanks to the community I manage to access the BIOS menu.Then I looked at the process of creating a bootable flash drive.I understood that I had to...
  6. HP EliteBook 840 G5 no longer starts

HP EliteBook 840 G5 no longer starts: Hi all,My name is Thomas,I am in the process of reintall a Windows 10 a laptop that I got form the previous company of my wife.Thanks to the community I manage to access the BIOS menu.Then I looked at the process of creating a bootable flash drive.I understood that I had to...
  7. HP EliteBook 840 G5 no longer starts

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. HP Elitebook 840 G5 - Windows 11 fresh install BSOD "BrHostDrv.sys"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP Elitebook 840 G5 - Windows 11 fresh install BSOD "BrHostDrv.sys": Hi to all and happy holidaysI recently purchased my former business laptop HP Elitebook 840 G5, and I stupidly decided to fresh install the Windows 11 so as to get rid of that massive HP bloatware.The issue is that it has been stuck in an endless loop at 64% of windows...
  9. HP Elitebook 840 G5 - Windows 11 fresh install BSOD "BrHostDrv.sys"

HP Elitebook 840 G5 - Windows 11 fresh install BSOD "BrHostDrv.sys": Hi to all and happy holidaysI recently purchased my former business laptop HP Elitebook 840 G5, and I stupidly decided to fresh install the Windows 11 so as to get rid of that massive HP bloatware.The issue is that it has been stuck in an endless loop at 64% of windows...
  10. How to type "í" on HP EliteBook 840

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to type "í" on HP EliteBook 840: I have installed the Hungarian language pack but cannot figure out how to type the "í" character ALT+0237 on my laptop's keyboard. I am using an HP EliteBook 840 G6. Alt-i gets me "Í", not the lower-case version of the letter. Thanks for any help!...