Windows 10: bsod on idle system

Discus and support bsod on idle system in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; before i did the creators update i had already bsod's. i did the creators update on 16 may,there was a bsod on 22 may on an idle system (i was not in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by louis14, May 24, 2017.

1. louis14 Win User

bsod on idle system

before i did the creators update i had already bsod's.
    i did the creators update on 16 may,there was a bsod on 22 may on an idle system (i was not in the environment)
    bleuscreenview gives the error KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED en driver ntoskrnl.sys
    dm-log_collector did not give me the possibility to save the output to the desktop so i don't know where the output is saved.therefore i've tried to add only the minidumpfile: but this site said invalid file at upload.
    I've already done sfc /scannow
    microsoft memory diagnostic (extended)
    chkdsk
    on the windowd system before i have done driver verifier and it cause a constant bsod loop so i had to give my laptop to the vendor who did a windows recovery from the recovery partition.so i don't use driver verifier anymore.i had also used memtest because in bsod's before windbg gave the message:memory corruption.

:)

louis14, May 24, 2017

2. BSOD - IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Thanks for your help - I forgot to mention that I wasn't using the computer when the BSOD displayed. It was over the weekend so the system was on but idle.

CWilliamson31, May 24, 2017
  3. MtSeldon Win User
    System restarts after sometime without user interaction.

I started the computer in safe mode , and computer ran with a BSOD .

now how am i going to find what's responsible for the BSOD while computer is idle?

MtSeldon, May 24, 2017
  4. louis14 Win User

bsod on idle system

i've found the zip file!

louis14, May 24, 2017
  5. zbook New Member
    The WinDbg 10.0.15063.137 AMD64 minidump debugger unfortunately has a bug and is displaying GetContextState failed, 0x8007001E. So it was unable to process the minidump.

What were the results of the troubleshooting that you had already completed? scannow, mem (which software and number of runs, chkdsk etc.

When you had the bsod loop did you have automatic restart checked or unchecked? Did you attempt to get to windows advanced troubleshooting from only software or did you try hardware too?

While awaiting processing of the minidump with an older version of WinDbg if you need to reduce the frequency of bsod you can place the computer in clean boot:

How to perform a Clean Boot in Windows 10 - TechNet Articles - United States (English) - TechNet Wiki

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...oot-in-windows

In the error log are failed to load drivers, some errors. and a dump record:

Event[5749]: Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP Date: 2017-05-25T20:05:25.662 Event ID: 219 Task: N/A Level: Waarschuwing Opcode: Info Keyword: N/A User: S-1-5-18 User Name: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Computer: DESKTOP-LMCOBB6 Description: The driver \Driver\WUDFRd failed to load for the device ACPI\INT3400\2&daba3ff&1.

Event[2315]: Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP Date: 2017-05-19T03:48:43.526 Event ID: 219 Task: N/A Level: Waarschuwing Opcode: Info Keyword: N/A User: S-1-5-18 User Name: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Computer: DESKTOP-LMCOBB6 Description: The driver \Driver\klhk failed to load for the device ROOT\SYSTEM\0002.

Event[2840]: Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-Time-Service Date: 2017-05-19T16:35:00.034 Event ID: 134 Task: N/A Level: Waarschuwing Opcode: Info Keyword: N/A User: S-1-5-19 User Name: NT AUTHORITY\LOCAL SERVICE Computer: DESKTOP-LMCOBB6 Description: NtpClient was unable to set a manual peer to use as a time source because of DNS resolution error on 'time.windows.com,0x9'. NtpClient will try again in 15 minutes and double the reattempt interval thereafter. The error was: Host is onbekend. (0x80072AF9)

Event[4889]: Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-WER-SystemErrorReporting Date: 2017-05-22T09:09:46.897 Event ID: 1001 Task: N/A Level: Fout Opcode: N/A Keyword: Klassiek User: N/A User Name: N/A Computer: DESKTOP-LMCOBB6 Description: De computer is opnieuw opgestart na een bugcontrole. De bugcontrole is 0x0000001e (0xffffffffc0000005, 0xfffff8038f9885e4, 0x0000000000000000, 0xffffffffffffffff). Er is een dump opgeslagen in: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP. Rapport-id: 9674c3b4-a42e-4e70-a95e-3a2a83dba93b.

zbook, May 25, 2017
  6. louis14 Win User
    my memtest was memtest86+ version 5.0.1:number of phases i don't remember but it has runned during the night.
    there were nor errors found
    scannow had no faults
    chkdsk had no errors
    with driver verifier there was a bsod immediately when it started driver verifier and after restarted again bsod..
    about the configuration of driver verifier i don't remember but i followed the instructions like described on the link that was passes me on this site.
    with windbg i had also the error you described on my computer

louis14, May 25, 2017
  7. louis14 Win User
    i have tried windbg on another computer and it gave no error: the windbg version was 10.0.10586.567

louis14, May 25, 2017
  8. louis14 Win User

bsod on idle system

The windbg version i tried on another computer was x86 instead of x64 and it to a long time before it showed the result

louis14, May 25, 2017
  9. louis14 Win User
    I've read " fast reboot" is a cause for KMODE_EXECEPTION_HANDLED so i have disabled fast reboot

louis14, May 25, 2017
  10. louis14 Win User
    I've performed
    dism checkhealth:no corruption
    dsim scanhealth:store repairable,succesful
    dsim restorehealth:completed succesfull

louis14, May 25, 2017
  11. louis14 Win User
    ntoskrnl.exe is updated with the latest cumulatuve update on 25052017

louis14, May 25, 2017
  12. louis14 Win User
    I have again a bsod during idle state.Whocrashed tells:KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE, again ntoskrnl.exe
    memoy dump says:ntfs.sys

windbg (x64) gives the same error as with the minidump before, but it gives also ntoskrnl.exe wrong symbols.exe
    windbg speaks also about error in registery: must i run ccleaner registery?
    i've added the tenforums zip

louis14, May 26, 2017
  13. louis14 Win User

bsod on idle system

i forgot to add to add the zip file

louis14, May 26, 2017
  14. zbook New Member
    click win + r keys and type winver
    View the windows version and build and post in the forum

Did you have any bsod after the computer was placed in clean boot?
    All non-Microsoft applications unchecked and all task manager start up items disabled

Are you doing any over clocking or is any drive in raid configuration?

Please repeat the mem test so that you can confirm that there were at least 8 runs
    Which chkdsk command was checked? chkdsk only or chkdsk /x /f /r?
    Please run overnight chkdsk /x/f /r if it has not already been run

Verify that you have performed and following troubleshooting steps and if any were not completed please repeat and post resulsts:
    1) chkdsk /x /f /r and it found nor fixed any problems?
    get-winevent -FilterHashTable @{logname="Application"; id="1001"}| ?{$_.providername –match "wininit"} | fl timecreated, message | out-file Desktop\CHKDSKResults.txt
    2) memtest64+ was ran for at least 8 runs and found no problems
    Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool
    3) sfc /scannow reported no integrity violations
    4) dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth displayed that it completed successfully

Run HD tune on your drive: HD Tune website

Are your files backed up?

Create a bootable windows 10 iso: Download Windows 10

zbook, May 27, 2017
  15. axe0 New Member
    Windows 10 Home version 15063.

Check HP for chipset driver updates.
    Many corrected hardware errors have occured related to the chipset drivers.

Thema:

bsod on idle system

1. bsod on idle system - Similar Threads - bsod idle system

2. System Idle Process

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Idle Process: Hi,Using Process Explorer, I have noticed that system idle process is using over 90% of my CPU. Why is this happening?Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-idle-process/97a55810-9d63-4918-b9f6-a868910d5b98
  3. System Idle Process

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System Idle Process: Hi,Using Process Explorer, I have noticed that system idle process is using over 90% of my CPU. Why is this happening?Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-idle-process/97a55810-9d63-4918-b9f6-a868910d5b98
  4. BSOD when idle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD when idle: Hi! my pc often gets BSOD when it's idle but not when playing games. Here's a link to the minidumps https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmO4zR09_hDiixqEPHxxZDdMZeop?e=aWPaPuAny help would be great! Thanks!...
  5. Win10 BSOD when the system is idle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win10 BSOD when the system is idle: HelloI hope you're having a nice daySo, recently I've been getting these weird BSODs on my laptop when I'm away from it for like 15mins or so. When I return the machine is rebooted and ready to go. So I did some digging and found the BSOD minidump files.Can you guys please...
  6. Win10 BSOD when the system is idle

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win10 BSOD when the system is idle: HelloI hope you're having a nice daySo, recently I've been getting these weird BSODs on my laptop when I'm away from it for like 15mins or so. When I return the machine is rebooted and ready to go. So I did some digging and found the BSOD minidump files.Can you guys please...
  7. Win10 BSOD when the system is idle

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. BSoD when idle

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BSoD when idle: Hello guys, recently my PC started BSoD frequently, as soon as it goes idle. When I wake up, it's on the logon screen. I could see it happening a few times, and I got irql_not_less_or_equal and some other code I cant remember right now. Also in event viewer, I get...
  9. Random BSOD when system idle

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Random BSOD when system idle: My machine is randomly crashing when not in use. I have my system info file and 3 dmp files , nut do not know where to upload them. The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000133 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000501, 0x0000000000000500,...
  10. BSOD's frequent even when system is idle

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD's frequent even when system is idle: Hello! This has been happening for quite some time and I've finally gotten tired of it. I'll get a really weird BSOD; CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION. Windbg gave it a bug check of 109, did a little Googling on it but it's a bit above my knowledge level. The BSOD occurs with...