Windows 10: bsod on idle system

Discus and support bsod on idle system in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; my pc is an assus no hp. the chipset driverset on the asus site are from 2015/09/11 and my pc is bought on january 2017 so i don't think it has sense... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by louis14, May 24, 2017.

1. louis14 Win User

bsod on idle system

my pc is an assus no hp.
    the chipset driverset on the asus site are from 2015/09/11 and my pc is bought on january 2017 so i don't think it has sense to update my chipset driver

louis14, May 27, 2017
  2. axe0 New Member
  3. axe0 New Member
    It does make sense to downgrade to see if it makes improvements *Smile

4. louis14 Win User

bsod on idle system

my chipset drivers version is the same version as on the asus site but i have reinstalled it

louis14, May 28, 2017
  5. axe0 New Member
    According to your logs the installed chipset driver was newer than ASUS provides.

6. louis14 Win User
    hi zbook,
    as i have already said i had performed memtest,chkdsk (/f /r),sfc and dism and there were no errors found.
    as you have asked i have repeated those tests.
    memtest86+ has run 15 passes with no erros
    chkdsk c: /f /r i've attached the desktop result
    chkdsk d: /f /r /x i've attached the copy of event log
    sfc /scannow :sfcscan did not find any intigrety violation
    dsim restorehealth :the restore operation competed sucessfully
    i did not yet start clean boot because clean boot disable network connection and this would mean 5 days without network!
    could you already read my minidump with windbg?whocrashed says it could not detect the driver causing the bsod

louis14, May 28, 2017
  7. axe0 New Member
    Chkdsk made some important fixes to the file system. I can't analyze the dumps at the moment, will do so when I get home *Smile

8. zbook New Member

bsod on idle system

The windbg had not pointed to a misbehaving driver that we could uninstall and reinstall.
    The bluescreenview and the whocrashed had reported:
    ntoskrnl.sys
    ntoskrnl.exe
    ntfs.sys

You have checked:
    memory using memtest64+ with more than 8 runs and found no problems
    operating system with sfc /scannow and dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth and found no problems
    ran chkdsk /x /f /r and found that it had corrected errors in the Volume Bitmap.
    In event reporting there were two recurrent problems:
    1) driver \Driver\WUDFRd failed to load
    2) driver \Driver\klhk failed to load

It is possible that the chkdsk repairs in the volume bitmap have fixed the bsod problems. If you have another bsod with similar results then we will know the chkdsk repair was insufficient. If you don't have another bsod related to the previously reported findings then we will know that the chkdsk repair successfully repaired the bsod problems.

These are the steps that could be done at this juncture:

1) uninstall and reinstall all drivers related to intel
    2) uninstall Kaspersky with the Kaspersky uninstall tool and reinstall the application
    3) view the CBS and DISM logs to see if there is any information about the operating system related to the bsod
    4) run windows driver verifier with the following settings:
    Driver Verifier-- tracking down a mis-behaving driver.
    For windows driver verifer I have been using it for years and recently had a bad experience where it had an incompatibility problem with windows defender offline. The windows defender offline in windows version 1607 was improperly configured. It was repaired with windows 1703 so there is no longer a windows defender offline blue screen boot loop.
    You had had a prior problem using it so I know the pro and the con.
    It may be our only remaining method to find the misbehaving driver.
    If you want to use it you must know how to navigate through the windows advanced troubleshooting menu. That is worth practicing before using it and making trial runs. You must be able to navigate to startup options and choose option number 6: safe mode with command prompt. After reboot enter verifier /reset. Then you should be back on the desktop. You can then run bluescreenview and whocrashed and find the misbehaving driver. Then uninstall the driver. Then reinstall the driver. Then rerun windows driver verifier. When you find that there are no longer any more bsod you then run windows driver verifier for 36 hours with normal computer use. If there is no misbehaving driver then windows driver verifier is turned off. You have completed the preventative maintenance.
    The administrative command prompt command to practice navigating through the windows advanced troubleshooting menu is shutdown /r /o /f /t 00
    Troubleshoot>advanced options>startup settings>restart>6 (enable safe mode with command prompt)>enter password>It should open with title bar: Administrator: cmd.exe This is where you type verifier /reset and reboot to the desk top.

Clean boot can be modified and run without interfering with networking:
    Using msconfig all non-microsoft items are unchecked
    Using task manager > startup all items are disabled
    For any of the above anything that you are concerned about networking can be left checked or left enabled.
    The goal is to turn off as many non-Microsoft drivers on boot.
    You will have the fastest boot times.
    Some items will require time to load as they were not turned on at boot.
    Performance overall should be improved in selective boot.

zbook, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

bsod on idle system

1. bsod on idle system - Similar Threads - bsod idle system

2. System Idle Process

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Idle Process: Hi,Using Process Explorer, I have noticed that system idle process is using over 90% of my CPU. Why is this happening?Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-idle-process/97a55810-9d63-4918-b9f6-a868910d5b98
  3. System Idle Process

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System Idle Process: Hi,Using Process Explorer, I have noticed that system idle process is using over 90% of my CPU. Why is this happening?Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-idle-process/97a55810-9d63-4918-b9f6-a868910d5b98
  4. BSOD when idle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD when idle: Hi! my pc often gets BSOD when it's idle but not when playing games. Here's a link to the minidumps https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmO4zR09_hDiixqEPHxxZDdMZeop?e=aWPaPuAny help would be great! Thanks!...
  5. Win10 BSOD when the system is idle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win10 BSOD when the system is idle: HelloI hope you're having a nice daySo, recently I've been getting these weird BSODs on my laptop when I'm away from it for like 15mins or so. When I return the machine is rebooted and ready to go. So I did some digging and found the BSOD minidump files.Can you guys please...
  6. Win10 BSOD when the system is idle

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win10 BSOD when the system is idle: HelloI hope you're having a nice daySo, recently I've been getting these weird BSODs on my laptop when I'm away from it for like 15mins or so. When I return the machine is rebooted and ready to go. So I did some digging and found the BSOD minidump files.Can you guys please...
  7. Win10 BSOD when the system is idle

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. BSoD when idle

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BSoD when idle: Hello guys, recently my PC started BSoD frequently, as soon as it goes idle. When I wake up, it's on the logon screen. I could see it happening a few times, and I got irql_not_less_or_equal and some other code I cant remember right now. Also in event viewer, I get...
  9. Random BSOD when system idle

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Random BSOD when system idle: My machine is randomly crashing when not in use. I have my system info file and 3 dmp files , nut do not know where to upload them. The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000133 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000501, 0x0000000000000500,...
  10. BSOD's frequent even when system is idle

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD's frequent even when system is idle: Hello! This has been happening for quite some time and I've finally gotten tired of it. I'll get a really weird BSOD; CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION. Windbg gave it a bug check of 109, did a little Googling on it but it's a bit above my knowledge level. The BSOD occurs with...