Windows 10: BSOD on inserting External HDD KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE

Discus and support BSOD on inserting External HDD KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey guys I started experiencing this problem a few days back. The computer shows BSOD after inserting external HDD with security code... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by yoyohoney123, May 12, 2019.

1. BSOD on inserting External HDD KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE

Hey guys
    I started experiencing this problem a few days back. The computer shows BSOD after inserting external HDD with security code KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE. After restarting the device with HDD plugged in, the HDD works normally. But the BSOD shows again on reconnecting it. It works fine on other laptops and there are no bad sectors on it.

I have attached the zip file from V2 log collector software as specified,

please help to solve this problem

MSI-(2019-05-13_03-17-37).zip

:)

yoyohoney123, May 12, 2019

2. BSOD when inserting portable usb hdd

My Hp Notebook automatically starts a BSOD restart cycle when I insert my Seagate 3TB portable hdd. I can't even get to the boot screen, it's just a nonstop cycle. I tried safe mode, that also continued the cycle once the usb was inserted. If I take that hard drive out, and restart the computer, it works fine. I have other portable hdd, they work just fine as well. It will only BSOD once I put in the Seagate 3TB. The hdd itself isn't clicking, overheating or anything else, it was fine until about a week ago when the bsod nonstop cycle began.
    Please help, I just want to get the files off it & be done with it. Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated.

ririnomondai, May 12, 2019
  3. Joenaldo Win User
    Kernel_security_check_failure bsod

A few months back I built my first PC, since then I've intermittently been experiencing BSOD crashes.

My computer crashes to a BSOD with the KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE error message but I've also rarely had the following BSODs:

• DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION
    • MEMORY_MANAGEMENT
    • SPECIAL_POOL_DETECTED_MEMORY

That being said it's nearly always the KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE error; the other messages haven't happened more than once or twice each.

I've attached the DM Log but I'm fairly new at this so please let me know if there is any other information that would help fix this.

Help me Ten Forums, you're my only help.

Attachment 52025

Joenaldo, May 12, 2019
  4. BSOD on inserting External HDD KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE

external HDD

Hi,

Usually, this problem occur due to software incompatibility or corrupted USB drivers. For us to better assist you, we would like to clarify the following:

• Have you made any recent changes on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Which driver did you uninstall? Have you reinstall the driver? If yes, how did you reinstall the driver?
    • Have you check if the external HDD is visible in Device Manager?

If the issue still persists after uninstalling some games, we suggest that you run the troubleshooter for hardware and devices. If you're using the latest Windows 10 version, follow these steps on how to run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

• Click the Start button and select the Settings
      icon.
    • Choose Update & Security from the list.
    • Click Troubleshoot in the left pane of the window.
    • Under Find and fix other problems, select Hardware and Devices and click
      Run the troubleshooter.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Gerard Qui, May 12, 2019
Thema:

BSOD on inserting External HDD KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE

1. BSOD on inserting External HDD KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE - Similar Threads - BSOD inserting External

2. KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE BSOD: Hello, I bought this desktop computer a couple months ago with Windows 10 Pro 64-bit already installed. It has been functioning okay. Today it stopped like this two times. The message on the screen said something like we will gather some info and then restart the device for...
  3. BSOD KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE: Hey, i need some help. I get BSOD like once every other day and i'd like to fix it. I think it's a driver issue so i have used the driver verifier as suggested in this post...
  4. File Explorer Not Responding when inserting External HDD.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer Not Responding when inserting External HDD.: I'm having a hard time when inserting an external drive, the Explorer suddenly not responding. Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-not-responding-when-inserting/bbcbbaa3-6c79-4c4e-ac77-9a28a19273ce
  5. BSOD KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE: Hi everyone, My pc crashed today and when I analysed it with WhoCrashed I got this: System Information (local) Computer name: DESKTOP-MMNB5MN Windows version: Windows 10 , 10.0, version 1903, build: 18362 Windows dir: C:\WINDOWS Hardware: Predator PH315-51, Acer, CFL,...
  6. KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE BSOD

KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE BSOD: Hi, I keep getting the KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE BSOD error and am not quite sure how to fix it. So far I've checked for memory issues using the Memory Diagnostics Tool and found no errors, I have also used the Driver Verifier and had no errors either. I then checked for...
  7. BSOD - kernel_security_check_failure

BSOD - kernel_security_check_failure: Hi all, I've had a stable Windows 10 platform since I first installed some months ago. Since the 1115 Windows update I've been getting kernel security check BSOD's. Of course it could be conincidental with a hardware problem, but it's likely that this is the cause of...
  8. Kernel_security_check_failure bsod

Kernel_security_check_failure bsod: A few months back I built my first PC, since then I've intermittently been experiencing BSOD crashes. My computer crashes to a BSOD with the KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE error message but I've also rarely had the following BSODs: DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION...
  9. Kernel_security_check_failure bsod

Kernel_security_check_failure bsod: I just finished building my new rig yesterday evening. I originally struggled with getting the OS installed until I updated my BIOS drivers. Once the fresh install completed, everything seemed to be running fine, however, since then, I've experienced 3 BSOD crashes. I have...
  10. Bsod - kernel_security_check_failure

Bsod - kernel_security_check_failure: Hello there. I have purchased this new laptop last week. Recently, when playing GTA V, I've been having some troubles with BSODs (KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE). It's doesn't happen all the time, of course, but I've had the third one today. I can't figure out what's...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hard drive bsod kernel