Windows 10: BSOD on laptop ever since update

Discus and support BSOD on laptop ever since update in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So I have a BSOD on my new laptop, I think its because when I update driver from CCleaner, Its messed up my computer and now I would like to uninstall... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by KhangHuynh6, Jan 10, 2022.

1. BSOD on laptop ever since update

So I have a BSOD on my new laptop, I think its because when I update driver from CCleaner, Its messed up my computer and now I would like to uninstall the driver update from the CCleaner but I don’t know which one and how. Is there anyway I can just uninstall all the third party software updates? Also I cant hear anything on my audio too since they also update the sounds driver. Thank you.

:)

KhangHuynh6, Jan 10, 2022
  2. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Jan 10, 2022
  3. alexsubri Win User
    BSOD- atikmpag.sys

This is most likely due to an installation/upgrade error with ATI driver's. I suggest doing DriveSweeper and the following:
    • Drivesweeper all drivers & in Safe Mode
    • Unistall all drivers that aren't used in DriveSweeper (CCC Profiler Updates, MSI AfterBurner, anything related to ATI that use's it's drivers.)
    • After you do this, the first thing you need to do is go into Device Manager and Unistall your ATI Drivers
    BSOD on laptop ever since update [​IMG]

Once your done, restart the PC and then try installing the latest drivers.

I had several issues with this in the past, but I overcame it with logical reasoning and whenever I have a driver issue, I just use these steps and I always overcome the problem.

Best of luck! *Toast :toast:

alexsubri, Jan 10, 2022
  4. 3Colors Win User

BSOD on laptop ever since update

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond BSOD on laptop ever since update :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jan 10, 2022
Thema:

BSOD on laptop ever since update

1. BSOD on laptop ever since update - Similar Threads - BSOD laptop ever

2. BSoD ever since i upgraded to Windows 11.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSoD ever since i upgraded to Windows 11.: Every time i load into my computer, I can play some games for a bit then the computer closes the game or restarts my computer with a random Stop code. This never happened in windows 10. I am so sick and tired of the constant restarts. It is hindering my game enjoyment and I...
  3. BSoD ever since i upgraded to Windows 11.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSoD ever since i upgraded to Windows 11.: Every time i load into my computer, I can play some games for a bit then the computer closes the game or restarts my computer with a random Stop code. This never happened in windows 10. I am so sick and tired of the constant restarts. It is hindering my game enjoyment and I...
  4. BSOD ever since update drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD ever since update drivers: So I used CCleaner to updated my drivers and now it messed up my laptop. I got BSOD everytime I shutdown and turn on the laptop, also happened when I put my laptop to sleep, restarting is normal, nothing happened. This is my recent dump files that I used WinDbg to opened:...
  5. BSOD ever since update drivers

BSOD ever since update drivers: So I used CCleaner to updated my drivers and now it messed up my laptop. I got BSOD everytime I shutdown and turn on the laptop, also happened when I put my laptop to sleep, restarting is normal, nothing happened. This is my recent dump files that I used WinDbg to opened:...
  6. BSOD on laptop ever since update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD on laptop ever since update: So I have a BSOD on my new laptop, I think its because when I update driver from CCleaner, Its messed up my computer and now I would like to uninstall the driver update from the CCleaner but I don’t know which one and how. Is there anyway I can just uninstall all the third...
  7. Laptop fan randomly runs extremely fast ever since Windows update

Laptop fan randomly runs extremely fast ever since Windows update: My laptop is around 6 months old and prior to a Windows update on 15/10/2021 had zero problems.Windows informed me there was an update, so I updated it as normal, and once my laptop restarted the fan suddenly went crazy. It will only stop if I completely shut it down and...
  8. Internet dropping/crashing ever since update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Internet dropping/crashing ever since update: Ever since the last update my internet has been crashing/dropping etc, and there's no way to recover because it says it's been 10 days since I updated this feature is really ridiculous, I should be able to go back to any update version I want which it hasn't, I updated 2 days...
  9. Random BSODs ever since May 2019 update.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random BSODs ever since May 2019 update.: The may 2019 update forced itself upon my computer at the end of August and ever since I have been plagued with BSODs with the vague descriptor of "critical_process_died". These BSODs never generate dump files, the BSOD just sits at 0% indefinitely while my CPU fan whirs up...
  10. BSOD at random times ever since PC was built

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD at random times ever since PC was built: I built my PC last year and have been getting random BSODs ever since. I have reinstalled and updated Windows 2 or 3 times, but it has no effect. I even rebuilt my PC recently, which stopped BSODs for a few days, but now they are happening again. I thought it could be the...