Windows 10: BSOD on laptop when putting it into sleep mode

Discus and support BSOD on laptop when putting it into sleep mode in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Been having this problem since yesterday,whenever I put my laptop in sleep(press power button) and close lid I come back after few hours to find it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RohitSanyal, Jul 15, 2018.

1. BSOD on laptop when putting it into sleep mode

Been having this problem since yesterday,whenever I put my laptop in sleep(press power button) and close lid I come back after few hours to find it rebooted.After checking blue screen view I found that there was a BSOD,mainly two drivers watchdog.sys and dxgmms2.sys

I used and laptop to play games for several hours during the day and nothing happened then so this is really shocking.

I already tried rolling back to a previous nvidia driver,did a clean install still it happened.

all my system info: https://1drv.ms/t/s!Am_AGstXBAaijgdDG6Snym8pLVYC

Minidumps: https://1drv.ms/f/s!Am_AGstXBAaijgq4LOq0VoC8cHmG

Hope someone can help me as this is a new laptop.Thanks in advance.

BSOD on laptop when putting it into sleep mode b9504020-369a-4832-82f3-dab870822af1?upload=true.png

:)

RohitSanyal, Jul 15, 2018

2. How to put the laptop in sleep mode

Recently I updated my laptop to free Windows 10. I find there is no option to put in sleep mode. Only two options are seen under power switch area shutdown or restart. Please advise me how to keep in sleep/standby mode.

Kamala Kanta PanigrahyUrologist, Jul 15, 2018
  3. Toshiba laptop stuck in sleep mode

Last night I put my laptop in sleep mode,now it won't come out no matter what I do. I push and hold power button but u can hear it booting but then it goes back to sleep. .any suggestions would be great. .thx

MochaRana16, Jul 15, 2018
  4. smt1 Win User

BSOD on laptop when putting it into sleep mode

Laptop crashing and shutting down when put in sleep mode

Hi,

I'm having a crashing issue with a Toshiba Satellite S855-S5165 laptop. When the computer is put in sleep mode, the screen blacks out and the laptop freezes for ~ 5 minutes. After five minutes the laptop will crash and shutdown, generating a dump file. This happens both on battery and when plugged in. A cursory glance at the dump file indicates that it's a driver problem, but I'm not sure which driver is the culprit.

The laptop originally shipped with Windows 8. It was upgraded to Windows 10 during the free upgrade period. Toshiba's support site doesn't list any Windows 10 drivers for this model. I've installed the newest Windows 8 / Windows 8.1 drivers listed on the support site, but this hasn't fixed the problem. I've also uninstalled all software that appears to be bloatware. The laptop exhibits no significant issues, other than this sleep problem.

Attached is the DM Log Collector zip file. Any assistance you can provide would be appreciated!

Thema:

BSOD on laptop when putting it into sleep mode

1. BSOD on laptop when putting it into sleep mode - Similar Threads - BSOD laptop putting

2. Laptop restarts when put to sleep mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop restarts when put to sleep mode: For few weeks my windows 10 laptop cannot be put to sleep mode. When I close the lid or simply click on the sleep from the start menu, it goes to sleep but when I move the mouse or press anything to wake the laptop up again, it suddenly restarts itself. I have checked the...
  3. Laptop restarts when put to sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop restarts when put to sleep mode: For few weeks my windows 10 laptop cannot be put to sleep mode. When I close the lid or simply click on the sleep from the start menu, it goes to sleep but when I move the mouse or press anything to wake the laptop up again, it suddenly restarts itself. I have checked the...
  4. Laptop restarts when put to sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. if i put the laptop in sleep mode, it is not sleeping

if i put the laptop in sleep mode, it is not sleeping: if i put the laptop in sleep mode, lock screen is not appearingi tried many times, it has been many months the laptop is not locking only and if i close the lid, lock screen does not appear, only the screen blacks out and when i open the lid back on i come where i left off...
  6. laptop restart when I put laptop in sleep mode

laptop restart when I put laptop in sleep mode: hi everyone I am having issue with my laptop recently when I put it in sleep mode its do not turn on normally it show your pc ran into a problem window and then restart , I tried some troubleshooting steps like hard reset windows , upgrade window to 11 first I face issue in...
  7. Laptop restarts when I put it to 'sleep' mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop restarts when I put it to 'sleep' mode: Hi All! Just bought a brand new HP envy 15 2020 edition. On the 2nd day it was updating windows and bios and then i noticed that my laptop restarts whenever i put it to sleep. To be precise, this is what happens step by step: 1. I put the laptop to sleep 2. It goes to...
  8. Laptop shuts down when put into sleep mode

Laptop shuts down when put into sleep mode: Hi all first time poster, So I'm having a major problem that I can't seem to fix. When I close the lid of my laptop, put it into sleep mode, or put it into hibernation mode, the laptop basically shuts down. The power light flashes on and off, but when I reopen the lid or...
  9. BSOD When laptop put to sleep. ntoskrnl.wrong.symbols.exe

BSOD When laptop put to sleep. ntoskrnl.wrong.symbols.exe: Since upgrading to Windows 10 from 8.1 I have been having a recurrent BSOD when I put the laptop to sleep and once when restarting. From what I could gather from the dumps it is a ntoskrnl.wrong.symbols.exe error. Not entirely sure what is causing it. I believe I have all...
  10. Laptop shuts down when put into sleep mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop shuts down when put into sleep mode: Hi all first time poster, So I'm having a major problem that I can't seem to fix. When I close the lid of my laptop, put it into sleep mode, or put it into hibernation mode, the laptop basically shuts down. The power light flashes on and off, but when I reopen the lid or...