Windows 10: BSOD on m.2? Broken driver? Dying gpu help please

Discus and support BSOD on m.2? Broken driver? Dying gpu help please in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello everyone I am having this weird problem on my computer and I am convinced it is a driver problem, let me explain. A couple days ago I made a post... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MartinLara2, May 26, 2020.

1. BSOD on m.2? Broken driver? Dying gpu help please

Hello everyone I am having this weird problem on my computer and I am convinced it is a driver problem, let me explain. A couple days ago I made a post showing some weird red dots appearing on my screen, most users said the gpu is dying which I agreed to but one person suggested I use DDU to uninstall the drivers and reinstall them,

one thing I wanna mention is my nvidia drivers where not fully up to date but not super old I like to stay on a driver if I see it is stable, but anyways before I used DDU I would get some blue screens but not very often just had the annoying red dots and no applications could see my gpu,

once I used DDU this is what I said "I did It and now my PC blue screens every single time I turn it on" this is what I said a couple mins later "okay after several restarts and mini heart attacks it works again but as soon as I try and update the driver it black screens so this gpu is staying on I dont even know what driver its on"

So with that being said I tried to update the driver but just kept crashing so had to force shutdown a couple times and then just left the updating driver thing alone. A few days later my computer is blue screening like crazy to the point where I cant even turn it on before it blue screen, but I discovered something I believe the blue screens are the cause of a dying gpu and badly installed drivers, because I usually boot from my m.2 but I used to have a ssd which was my previous boot drive,

so I plugged it back in and booted into it and it worked! still had the red dots but this had me convinced it is a driver problem since the ssd has older properly installed nvidia drivers. I am gonna put some videos below so you guys can see.

Anyways Im gonna use this post as kinda of a double question, I did order a new gpu only thing is its a AMD product so how would I be able to uninstall the drivers from my m.2 boot drive if I cant even get in? if I just plug in the amd gpu do you think it would just load in and work letting me uninstall nvidia drivers and install the amd ones?

Turning on and trying to boot into the m.2 that ugly noise is the rear exhaust fan btw one more thing that blue screen I get is always the same one now back then it would change now its that one all the time

https://youtu.be/3i4qBN03JVg

Loading into ssd boot drive with older properly installed drivers

https://youtu.be/yYU-1a41U0c

Video showing from inside ssd boot drive if I lower screen res red dots go away

https://youtu.be/dcn9h2W0vko

BSOD on m.2? Broken driver? Dying gpu help please 7977e383-91ed-4f21-9b25-a8635c50f451?upload=true.jpg Sorry for the long post but I just want some more ideas and suggestions to what I can do in regard to uninstalling the drivers from the m.2 and installing amd ones if you guys even think thats the problem. Thanks everyone!

:)

MartinLara2, May 26, 2020

2. Various BSOD Errors Help

Hey all,

I've received multiple BSOD errors the past 2 days after rebuilding my PC. I've been trying to figure out the issue.

These are the few BSOD messages I remember seeing:

• DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION (multiple times)
    • CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED (one time)
    • IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (one time)
    • WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR (multiple times)
    Here's a link to the dmp files and system information: WindowsIssue

Steps I've taken:

• fully updated drivers
    • applied all Windows updates
    • Removed unnecessary hardware
    • Monitored CPU/GPU temps (log file on temps during last crash in share)
    Any help would be appreciated.

brando8924, May 26, 2020
  3. BSOD Windows 10 - Driver Verifier causing windows to boot loop and carnt get BSOD to find driver at fault. need help!

Right, I have done a lot of testing over the weekend and these are the results;

1. disabled gpu = BSOD
    2. removed gpu drivers and gpu from system = BSOD
    3. removed battery and cleared CMOS
    4. tried a old AMD gpu and driver = BSOD
    5. moved ram from stots A2 & B2 to A1 & B1 = BSOD
    6. ram a single ram stick in A2 = BSOD
    7. ram the other ram stick in A2 = BSOD
    8. disconnected corsair lighting node pro = BSOD
    9. sfc /scannow = no issues
    10. updated all windows 10 + drivers to the latest versions = BSOD
    11. enabled driver verifier = BSOD (creative video capture driver shown as issue
    12. uninstalled creative software and drivers = BSOD
    so where do I go from here? (other that throwing my 2k computer that's less than a year old out my window)

some of todays dump data

Chris_Neale, May 26, 2020
  4. Lagged Win User

BSOD on m.2? Broken driver? Dying gpu help please

M.2 SSD not being able to boot from it, windows doesn't recognise.

Ok, this is what happened after all the comments and suggestions, @dude: Thanx for the video, my mb had non e of those settings, it had the raid/option memory gene or achi. Can only choose one or the other. @Saltgrass, my settings did point out auto and enabled the pcie x4, gen 3. I did an bios flash as suggested, because my bios was not the latest version, after a reformat the m.2 was picked up, still cant install OS onto it as it states legacy not found, removed my dvd rom from the sata port to another, and the drive was found and installed. Only issue now is that it's still not my OS drive but it at least now works and is installed, but on the Intel rst drive the obtain memory gene option to enable is greyed out, and shows as disabled. However the program lists the M.2 and it is working 100%,. I installed overwhatch onto it, it performs perfectly. But will update the intel driver tonight and see if that makes any difference. Seems the bios flash enabled the settings listed by @dude that was not present pre-flash.

So the m.2 drive works. I can game off it and install omnto it. Can not install windows on it, gene memmory is enabled, pcie x4 is on and on auto detect, Motherbaord lists all the drives connected, motherboard ahs been updated to latest bios. After flash new settings became available, m.2 is now on memmory gene enabled not achi, windows os is enabled and fast boost is enabled, intel rst is installed and lists all the ssds and the m.2, however the m.2 on memmory gene is dissabled and the option to enable is greyed out. Will update the driver as Essenbe suggested of the m.2 and see if anything changes. Thank you all for the help, I can now atleast use my m.2

Lagged, May 26, 2020
Thema:

BSOD on m.2? Broken driver? Dying gpu help please

1. BSOD on m.2? Broken driver? Dying gpu help please - Similar Threads - BSOD Broken driver

2. GPU failing? every 1-2 weeks, worried it might be dying need help please!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GPU failing? every 1-2 weeks, worried it might be dying need help please!: I've had this problem with my computer for quite a few months now where sometimes I'll just be playing games and my computer screens will go black for a few seconds like it's trying to reboot the graphics driver and completely crashes most programs even the windows UI has...
  3. GPU failing? every 1-2 weeks, worried it might be dying need help please!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    GPU failing? every 1-2 weeks, worried it might be dying need help please!: I've had this problem with my computer for quite a few months now where sometimes I'll just be playing games and my computer screens will go black for a few seconds like it's trying to reboot the graphics driver and completely crashes most programs even the windows UI has...
  4. Drivers or Faulty GPU? Maybe dying PSU?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drivers or Faulty GPU? Maybe dying PSU?: Recently I had some weird problems with my computer, I started it up one day to see text disappear and come back. Not a big amount of letters but for example: RT_ 207_ SUP_R when it suppose to say RTX 2070 SUPER.If I drag my mouse over it, some letters come back but others...
  5. Drivers or Faulty GPU? Maybe dying PSU?

Drivers or Faulty GPU? Maybe dying PSU?: Recently I had some weird problems with my computer, I started it up one day to see text disappear and come back. Not a big amount of letters but for example: RT_ 207_ SUP_R when it suppose to say RTX 2070 SUPER.If I drag my mouse over it, some letters come back but others...
  6. Drivers or Faulty GPU? Maybe dying PSU?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Help with nvme m.2

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help with nvme m.2: Need help m.2 nvme card I bought a digifast nvme m.2 and it won’t show up in Windows. I try doing the Disk Management, Initialize Disk but it’s doesn’t show up. When I go into the bios is there I see the m.2 and my ssd card. Help please. X570 gigabyte mobo. Thank you....
  8. URGENT PLEASE HELP Gpu driver Stopped responding

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    URGENT PLEASE HELP Gpu driver Stopped responding: So for about 1 year i have been having the same problem of crashing in my games. previously i had no issues at all i could run my programs with no issues what so ever. then randomly one day i have crashing at random points in my games and sometimes using other applications....
  9. Cortana's Broken. Help, Please

Cortana's Broken. Help, Please: When I click in the search box down in the Task Bar brings up The Cortana Window. Typing frequently brings up anything but what I'm asking for. Space bar will make it close completely and sometimes disappear from the Task Bar. Sometimes it closes while typing. Click in the...
  10. Help Please: BSOD Critical Process Died

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Help Please: BSOD Critical Process Died: My laptop is Leveno running Window 10. I got BSOD a lot recently, sometimes while using the laptop surfing on the Internet and sometimes activating it from standby. The errors I got were Critical Process Died, 000021a, and kernel error I have uploaded the error files for your...