Windows 10: BSOD on multiple occasions after Cumulative update on 12/10/2019

Discus and support BSOD on multiple occasions after Cumulative update on 12/10/2019 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I got several BSOD in since 12th October, particularly during gaming and watching youtube. But now it crashed and get BSOD when I was just using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AM Yim, Oct 13, 2019.

1. AM Yim Win User

BSOD on multiple occasions after Cumulative update on 12/10/2019

Hi,

I got several BSOD in since 12th October, particularly during gaming and watching youtube. But now it crashed and get BSOD when I was just using the browser without video and game launched.

Link to my Minidump files of several cases and the MSinfo system spec:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AsXp0zOqaAkbank9USTvnb8gmMo?e=Sn0Vlw

I have seen ndis.sys most frequently as the issues stated on the BSOD screen. Sometimes it's just "clock watchdog timeout".

I tried to uninstall the latest cumulative update (KB4517389) but no improvement.

I am running win10 build 1903, OS 18362.387

:)

AM Yim, Oct 13, 2019
  2. AM Yim Win User

Hi,

I got several BSOD in since 12th October, particularly during gaming and watching youtube. But now it crashed and get BSOD when I was just using the browser without video and game launched.

Link to my Minidump files of several cases and the MSinfo system spec:

Window troubleshooting

I have seen ndis.sys most frequently as the issues stated on the BSOD screen. Sometimes it's just "clock watchdog timeout".

I tried to uninstall the latest cumulative update (KB4517389) but no improvement.

I am running win10 build 1903, OS 18362.387

AM Yim, Oct 30, 2019
  3. AM Yim Win User

Hi Dave,

I follow your method, downloaded the latest driver for the ethernet adaptor, uninstalled the old driver on the device, and install the latest one.

There was a period of no issue yesterday night(GMT +8), but issue re-surface, with even severe occasion of BSOD, right after the PC reboot and get back on desktop.

Link to new dump: Minidump files 3.zip

It even prompt me to the reinstall Win10 screen at one point.......

Please help, so annoying........

AM Yim, Oct 30, 2019
  4. BSOD on multiple occasions after Cumulative update on 12/10/2019

Hi

My name is Lester and hopefully, this helps answer your question.

The error pertains to the Graphic driver which is not compatible, it might be the Nvidia doesn't release latest version compatible with the newest update.

The best resolution for that as of the moment is to do a system restore or go back to previous version.

Go back to previous version:

For a limited time after upgrading to Windows 10, you’ll be able to go back to your previous version of Windows by selecting the Start button, then select Settings > Update & Security > Recovery and then selecting Get started under Go back to the previous version
    of Windows 10. This will keep your personal files, but it'll remove apps and drivers installed after the upgrade, as well as any changes you made to settings. In most cases, you'll have 10 days to go back.

System Restore:

This option takes your PC back to an earlier point in time, called a system restore point. Restore points are generated when you install a new app or driver, and when you create a restore point manually. Restoring won’t affect your personal files, but it will
    remove apps, drivers, and updates installed after the restore point was made.

In the search box on the taskbar, type control panel, and then choose it from the list of results

- In the Control Panel search box, type recovery.

- Select Recovery > Open System Restore.

- In the Restore system files and setting box, select Next.

- Select the restore point that you want to use in the list of results, and then select Scan for affected programs.

- You'll see a list of items that will be deleted if you remove this restore point. If you're OK with the deletions, select Close> Next > Finish.

Hope this will help.

Lester

Independent Advisor

Lester BernardReyes, Oct 30, 2019
Thema:

1. BSOD on multiple occasions after Cumulative update on 12/10/2019 - Similar Threads - BSOD multiple occasions

2. Windows 10 Screen Freezes on multiple occasions

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Screen Freezes on multiple occasions: Already Performed the following -Checked the Event viewer to check the error occurrence -In the event viewer we viewed the alert Event 1000, Application Error -Performed sfc /scannow -Deleted the “temporary” files -Checked the memory utilization Optimal -Modify PCI...
  3. BSOD on occasion (1909)

BSOD on occasion (1909): Hello, I occasionally have BSODs. The screens are really difficult to pin down, as they are happen when web browsing or desktop browsing, and they can happen infrequently (ranging between 9 and 40 days). HARLEEN-(2020-05-14_10-35-54).zip - Google Drive This dump may...
  4. Trying to do the update 2019-12 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1909

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Trying to do the update 2019-12 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1909: Please i hope you can help me. I am not tech savvy so please forgive me for not understanding some things but im trying to do the update 2019-12 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1909 for x64-based Systems KB4530684 but keep getting error .. can not complete update......
  5. problem after installation of 2019-12 cumulative update KB4530684

problem after installation of 2019-12 cumulative update KB4530684: Hello, I have BSOD "kernel_security_check failure", "system_service_exception vhdmp.sys", "system_service_exception storvsp.sys" after installation of 2019-12 cumulative update KB4530684.The laptop is Toshiba Tecra processor i3-330M. The BSOD is displayed immediately...
  6. Windows Defender weird behaviour after Cumulative Update 2019-12-10.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender weird behaviour after Cumulative Update 2019-12-10.: Hello. After updating Windows 10 1909 system to Cumulative Update 2019-12-10, Windows Defender is seeing system file called "WindowsExplorer.adml" found in folder Windows as a virus. Before this update, Windows Defender didn't see any virus. What is important I found out that...
  7. BSOD with multiple stopcodes after Windows 10 update Sep 2019

BSOD with multiple stopcodes after Windows 10 update Sep 2019: The issues started happening after Monday night - PC worked fine all Monday and when I came home in the afternoon on Tuesday, it was to the first BSOD. I attempted several fixes from this article: https://windows101tricks.com/windows-10-blue-screen-of-death/ I have been...
  8. BSOD after March 12 Windows 10 update

BSOD after March 12 Windows 10 update: I ran into the new and improved BSOD for Windows 10 for the very first time immediately after March 12, 2019 Win 10 update auto installed and I restarted my PC. Primarily getting two error codes; - 0xc000021a which seems to be consistent with a failed/bad update or...
  9. Random BSOD after latest cumulative update February 2019

Random BSOD after latest cumulative update February 2019: I have updated Windows to latest cumulative update, And in the startup update process, my computer suddenly BSOD, Repeatedly bsod, and finally I reset OS, it's full clean reset, After everything returned to normal, and suddenly bsod again, Please help, The error...
  10. Numerous BSOD on multiple occasions

Numerous BSOD on multiple occasions: Hi there, Over the past several months I've had the BSOD a number of times. I tend to leave my computer running all day and night and have noticed the BSOD tends to happen when I'm not using my computer. However, having said that, it just crashed on me while using my...