Windows 10: BSOD on my friend's PC

Discus and support BSOD on my friend's PC in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi there, I'm making this thread on behalf of a friend as for some reason this website won't let him sign in. He's getting frequent crashes and BSOD's,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Will.H.H., Nov 16, 2018.

1. Will.H.H. Win User

BSOD on my friend's PC

Hi there, I'm making this thread on behalf of a friend as for some reason this website won't let him sign in. He's getting frequent crashes and BSOD's, particularly while gaming and even after a full reinstall of Windows 10 64 bit Pro.

Here is a link to his mini dump files after the most recent BSOD;

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AgWSenp6nhYx8VE1bmY79pg9O1lg

Thank you in advance.

:)

Will.H.H., Nov 16, 2018
  2. bbmarley Win User

BSOD randomly

friend keeps getting BSOD
    any suggestions?

BSOD on my friend's PC 2e3s7lz.png

bbmarley, Nov 16, 2018
  3. Thrackan Win User
    PC reboots (no BSOD) on CPU stress

Hi fellow TPU members,

not too long ago, the box my gf's PC was transported in gave way on the stairs. Yes, you got it right, that sent a PC tumbling down a flight of steps alright.

Stuff broke. Also, stuff remained intact somehow.

I bought her a new case, new CPU cooler and we removed the floppy drive, so far so good. But the PC started crashing for no apparent reason, without a BSOD.

I tested:
    • Memtest86+, left overnight, 0 errors
    • Scanned the HDD for errors, nothing there
    • Left FurMark burning up the GFX card and drawing some power, no problems there
    • Ran Ubuntu from a Live CD doing nothing special, didn't crash
    • Ran OCCT, Linpack, Prime95, all 3 caused reboots within minutes
    • Oh, and I disabled "Restart on error" so I'm sure it's not a BSOD.
    Now, I can still try and test something CPU intensive on Ubuntu, but my guess is the CPU didn't survive.
    Before I do anything drastic like whippin' out the magic wallet and get her a new AMD quad, is there anything I didn't see?
    I'm guessing the motherboard could be borkered as well, but can I check that other than replacing the CPU with a working one?
    Any suggestions on which proggies I can use from an Ubuntu Live CD to stress the CPU?

Thrackan, Nov 16, 2018
  4. alexsubri Win User

BSOD on my friend's PC

BSOD- atikmpag.sys

This is most likely due to an installation/upgrade error with ATI driver's. I suggest doing DriveSweeper and the following:
    • Drivesweeper all drivers & in Safe Mode
    • Unistall all drivers that aren't used in DriveSweeper (CCC Profiler Updates, MSI AfterBurner, anything related to ATI that use's it's drivers.)
    • After you do this, the first thing you need to do is go into Device Manager and Unistall your ATI Drivers
    BSOD on my friend's PC [​IMG]

Once your done, restart the PC and then try installing the latest drivers.

I had several issues with this in the past, but I overcame it with logical reasoning and whenever I have a driver issue, I just use these steps and I always overcome the problem.

Best of luck! *Toast :toast:

alexsubri, Nov 16, 2018
Thema:

BSOD on my friend's PC

1. BSOD on my friend's PC - Similar Threads - BSOD friend's

2. Windows 10 BSOD When Installing AMD Radeon RX5500XT Driver

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 BSOD When Installing AMD Radeon RX5500XT Driver: When Installing The Radeon RX5500XT Driver My PC Always Bluescreens Specs CPU: Intel Core i7 9700k @3.60GHz RAM: 32GB GPU: MSI Gaming Radeon RX 5500xt 8GB Motherboard: ASUS Prime Z390-A Motherboard LGA1151 OS Build: Windows 10 1909 18363.815 Network: TP-Link Archer...
  3. BSOD when waking up from sleep

BSOD when waking up from sleep: Hello all, Last few weeks, I have been getting BSOD when waking my PC up from sleep in the morning. I do telework bc of the pandemic and when I wake up the PC, it shows blue screen. Sometimes it shows an error code and sometimes it doesn't. I have attached the LOG files as...
  4. Constant BSODs. I believe the issues are in the Windows Kernel.

Constant BSODs. I believe the issues are in the Windows Kernel.: Ever since I built my computer a year ago, I have been having constant BSODs. I would be idling my computer, playing games, watching videos, and doing other mundane tasks and it still happens. I have updated all of my drivers, updated my BIOS to the latest version, replaced...
  5. Too many BSODs

Too many BSODs: Hello, I used to have some BSODs some time back but now i'm getting them quite frequently specially when gaming. The codes are memory_management, unexpected store exception, clock watchdog timeout, irql not less or equal for now and sometimes it just hangs and the power...
  6. Can't run BSOD troubleshooter

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't run BSOD troubleshooter: Frequent BSODs, BSOD troubleshooter literally cannot be ran After experienceing a number of BSOD errors, often multiple per day with differing errors, I started troubleshooting. I have scannowed, I have chkdsk ed, I have RAM tested, drivers are up to date, windows is recent....
  7. 3 of my friends including me facing bsod after latest update. How to fix? Plzease help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    3 of my friends including me facing bsod after latest update. How to fix? Plzease help: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Badshah57 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fd9whx/3_of_my_friends_including_me_facing_bsod_after/
  8. A friend pc BSOD

A friend pc BSOD: i have a friend that needs help with crashes happening on his pc most are ntoskernel related mini dumps in link below: https://mega.nz/#F!mNdhHQQb!6vg2corOa_7lLmQqXwco0A https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-friend-pc-bsod/ff63c641-5da0-4d20-ab86-c9cc504d2495
  9. Friend's desktop BSOD - 0x139 ntkrnlmp.exe

Friend's desktop BSOD - 0x139 ntkrnlmp.exe: An online friend of mine has been getting BSODs for half a year now and I asked for the minidump files. Looking at the most recent one (it was the only file he had in his minidumps folder) in WinDBG I get the following: Code:...
  10. Helping a Friend work out his BSOD issues.

Helping a Friend work out his BSOD issues.: I've created and account on this forum in order to help a friend oversea's in the U.K. work out and issue he is having with his new PC. He is not the most computer savvy so I'm doing my best to help him but I can't figure out why he is having the issue he is having. Multiple...