Windows 10: BSOD on my mom's old pc

Discus and support BSOD on my mom's old pc in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I've fresh formatted my mom's old pc with windows 10, everything seems to be fine until I noticed that after removing the bootable usb flash drive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/LilGek14, Nov 15, 2020.

1. BSOD on my mom's old pc

So I've fresh formatted my mom's old pc with windows 10, everything seems to be fine until I noticed that after removing the bootable usb flash drive the thing wont boot. Just goes directly to BSOD 0x000000d or 0x000001 but when I leave the bootable usb on it, it boots fine without hiccups.

here's the pc specs I'm working with:

intel i3-2100, 3.10ghz, 16gb ram(new), 1tb hdd(new). no gpu just onboard graphics

I don't really know the rest but it's a prebuilt old lenovo dekstop. she just uses it for browsing and stuff.

submitted by /u/LilGek14
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/LilGek14, Nov 15, 2020

2. Unlink an old android phone from my pc

I go thru the suggested steps: Start - Settings - Phone - Unlink this PC.

When I first open the "your phone" screen the old phone is listed. Not sure if the phone listed is suppose to be selectable or not, but my is not. When I select "Unlink this PC" the phone listed is removed. When I select "Add Phone" the old phone still
    shows. I have removed the old phone from my Microsoft Account. I have rebooted after unlink this pc but I still cannot remove my old phone.

LostSailorPO1, Nov 15, 2020
  3. Thrackan Win User
    PC reboots (no BSOD) on CPU stress

Hi fellow TPU members,

not too long ago, the box my gf's PC was transported in gave way on the stairs. Yes, you got it right, that sent a PC tumbling down a flight of steps alright.

Stuff broke. Also, stuff remained intact somehow.

I bought her a new case, new CPU cooler and we removed the floppy drive, so far so good. But the PC started crashing for no apparent reason, without a BSOD.

I tested:
    • Memtest86+, left overnight, 0 errors
    • Scanned the HDD for errors, nothing there
    • Left FurMark burning up the GFX card and drawing some power, no problems there
    • Ran Ubuntu from a Live CD doing nothing special, didn't crash
    • Ran OCCT, Linpack, Prime95, all 3 caused reboots within minutes
    • Oh, and I disabled "Restart on error" so I'm sure it's not a BSOD.
    Now, I can still try and test something CPU intensive on Ubuntu, but my guess is the CPU didn't survive.
    Before I do anything drastic like whippin' out the magic wallet and get her a new AMD quad, is there anything I didn't see?
    I'm guessing the motherboard could be borkered as well, but can I check that other than replacing the CPU with a working one?
    Any suggestions on which proggies I can use from an Ubuntu Live CD to stress the CPU?

Thrackan, Nov 15, 2020
  4. alexsubri Win User

BSOD on my mom's old pc

BSOD- atikmpag.sys

This is most likely due to an installation/upgrade error with ATI driver's. I suggest doing DriveSweeper and the following:
    • Drivesweeper all drivers & in Safe Mode
    • Unistall all drivers that aren't used in DriveSweeper (CCC Profiler Updates, MSI AfterBurner, anything related to ATI that use's it's drivers.)
    • After you do this, the first thing you need to do is go into Device Manager and Unistall your ATI Drivers
    BSOD on my mom's old pc [​IMG]

Once your done, restart the PC and then try installing the latest drivers.

I had several issues with this in the past, but I overcame it with logical reasoning and whenever I have a driver issue, I just use these steps and I always overcome the problem.

Best of luck! *Toast :toast:

alexsubri, Nov 15, 2020
Thema:

BSOD on my mom's old pc

1. BSOD on my mom's old pc - Similar Threads - BSOD mom's old

2. my moms microsoft account is locked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my moms microsoft account is locked: my mom has had her microsoft account since 1995she said that in the last few months it asked her to change her PW and it has been asking her to verify her self over and overso this last time she made me do it, i wanted to change her pw, and then her recovery email, as its an...
  3. My mom name

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My mom name: Brendaliz https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-mom-name/e828c36f-c73b-4486-af61-7813f405874f
  4. My mom name

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My mom name: Brendaliz https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-mom-name/e828c36f-c73b-4486-af61-7813f405874f
  5. My mom

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My mom: Is in prison https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-mom/7cb961b7-6625-4ea0-9d3e-f890c1e86e93
  6. Calendar Showing On My Moms Computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Calendar Showing On My Moms Computer: Hey, So both my Mom and I have surfaces we all do and for some reason my calendar is showing up on hers. Can someone tell me how I can take my stuff off her PC? We don't have accounts linked up or anything, the only way her PC knows me is through her emailing me. Thanks,...
  7. Mom's PC Advice Hard drive issues

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Mom's PC Advice Hard drive issues: Hello All Wondering something just did a Crystal Disk info check on Mom's PC, her one and only C Drive shows Caution Reallocated Sectors, Hard drive is original drive from 2012, Doing system image backup now, but if i do install my newer spare Toshiba 1tb drive for hers, i...
  8. pc changes not only my wallpaper but the wallpaper in my moms laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    pc changes not only my wallpaper but the wallpaper in my moms laptop: Hello i have a little problem. Every time i change my wallpaper in MY pc changes not only my wallpaper but the wallpaper in my moms laptop. We are not using the same windows account or anything. submitted by /u/Oakstalwart [link] [comments]...
  9. ur mom

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    ur mom: is ur mom gay yes y why 0 7 420 360 ooga booga r y u 1738 ehhh https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ur-mom/39c74cfd-5450-4978-8e0f-aaa0d3bffffe
  10. Mom's PC keeps getting Popups

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Mom's PC keeps getting Popups: Hello Keep getting these popups to call Microsoft due to PC infection, i know it's possibly trying to install Ransomware on, told her to ctrl alt, delete and end task, and conducting online scan now with Eset online scan, then Malwarebytes afterwards Real time protection is...