Windows 10: BSOD on new build - Kernel Security Check, Whea Uncorrectable Error

Discus and support BSOD on new build - Kernel Security Check, Whea Uncorrectable Error in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; started Verifier yesterday around 10am. Today around 11am, I got invalid io boost state error. dmp attached. Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by confusedone, Oct 4, 2016.

1. BSOD on new build - Kernel Security Check, Whea Uncorrectable Error

started Verifier yesterday around 10am. Today around 11am, I got invalid io boost state error. dmp attached.

confusedone, Oct 10, 2016
  2. axe0 New Member

Driver verifier was not active at time of any crash that has occured, keep driver verifier running.

3. Do these windows offer any indication that verifier is running/running correctly?

confusedone, Oct 11, 2016
  4. BSOD on new build - Kernel Security Check, Whea Uncorrectable Error

I restored the ssd's properties settings back to their default. Could you check if this recent dump file here shows verifier as active? I received kernel security check shortly after making that reversion.

5. Also, when we started this thread, I was seeing bsods honestly about 4 times each hour and more. Since then microsoft has had several cumulative updates and I've reinstalled some of the drivers a few times––being worried that while downloading from my mobo's or cpu's support site the bsods were corrupting the still downloading driver install files. It's difficult to ascertain all the changes the system goes through with so many processes and updates running in the background, and even more difficult to know what changes have been productive or stabilizing.

As of the last 38 hours(since starting driver verifier), I've not seen any hard freezes requiring cold boots, not seen bsods nearly as frequently as before and, though varied, no bsod occurring since verifier started has mentioned whea uncorrectable error, which was one I was mainly seeing when the thread started.

I'm not familiar enough with Windows to know which details are most relevant to the issues i'm experiencing. Also, you've inquired nothing of the sort; perhaps this post is a mere waste of space, but I see value in articulating these things anyway.

My goal at this point is to understand why the bsods are occurring and possibly rectify it. secondary goal is keeping the system from bursting into flames and dying horribly from the sins of my ignorance BSOD on new build - Kernel Security Check, Whea Uncorrectable Error ;)

update: system froze as soon as i posted this smh.

6. axe0 New Member
    Driver verifier was active, but didn't cause the BSOD.

I'm sorry, but I'm unable to properly translate this line to my native language. Could you please elaborate it a little.

7. That is unfortunate news. We've tried so many things and have at most learned that each of them could not detect the true cause of the error. Are we running out of options?

The computer has recorded many dump files today. Driver Verifier has been on since you first requested it. Please take a look at them.

"You've inquired nothing of the sort" in this context means something like: You did not ask for this particular detail, but I am telling you anyway and hoping that it can help.

Hey, thank you for the time you've put into helping me thus far.

confusedone, Oct 12, 2016
  8. axe0 New Member

BSOD on new build - Kernel Security Check, Whea Uncorrectable Error

We're not running out of options, driver verifier has quite some options that could be enabled.
    If, however, there were no options left in driver verifier, a BIOS update wasn't available, the BIOS was resetted to the optimal settings for the current hardware, all known causes for hardware crashes weren't present on the system, no overclocking was present, no cooling issue was present causing overheating, the voltage values were proper, all cables were proper connected and there was no physically visible damage to the hardware then we would be almost running out of options.

Good news, driver verifier has caused all crashes I've checked, bad news is that no driver is flagged.
    This means that the issue isn't drivers, in most cases the issue is a hardware level issue (faulty hardware or voltage issues).
    Could you post the following information from the BIOS
    • CPU voltage
    • RAM frequency, voltage and timing
    • 3.3v, 5v and 12v values

Please check your cabling to ensure it is properly connected.

9. Cool, that's encouraging.

CPU vcore 1.068
    Ram freq 3000MHz, voltage 1.35V, timing

values
    3.3v 3.344V
    5v 5.010V
    12v 12.096V

will edit this post to confirm cables are properly connected and Ram timing.

confusedone, Oct 14, 2016
  10. axe0 New Member
    Please don't edit the post, but post a new reply for it. Else I won't be notified about new information what would result in a few days response delay or longer depending on if I remember that there are changes in this thread and how soon you notify us about not having received help after some time.

11. No problem.

CPU vcore 1.068
    Ram freq 3000MHz, voltage 1.35V, timing 15-16-16
    in BIOS it looks like this
    CAS LATENCY 15 Auto
    tRCD 16 Auto
    tRP 16 Auto
    tRAS 35 Auto

values
    3.3v 3.344V
    5v 5.010V
    12v 12.096V

I have disconnected and reconnected all cables, and I confirm hardware is properly connected in their appropriate slots.

confusedone, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

BSOD on new build - Kernel Security Check, Whea Uncorrectable Error

1. BSOD on new build - Kernel Security Check, Whea Uncorrectable Error - Similar Threads - BSOD build Kernel

2. WHEA UNCORRECTABLE ERROR BSoD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WHEA UNCORRECTABLE ERROR BSoD: Intel Core i7-7700HQIllegear Kaby Lake-HSSPEC: SR32QTDP: 45 WMotherboard: Quanta NL5Chipset: Intel HM175 Skylake PCH-HBIOS Date: 05/04/2017Version: QP115UEFIMemoryRAM: 16GBType: DDR4 SDRAMClock: 1197 Mhz = 12 x 99.8 Mhz Dual ChannelNVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060...
  3. BSOD - WHEA Uncorrectable Error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD - WHEA Uncorrectable Error: Hi,I continually receive BSODs on my laptop most often during pulling the scroll bar up and down on Edge, but I think it could be any app window. I have run DISM restore health etc, SFC /scannow and chkdsk /f, all with no positive affect on the problem. I have not installed...
  4. BSOD Whea Uncorrectable Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Whea Uncorrectable Error: Hi,I’ve been having BSOD Whea errors for a couple of days now and I can’t seem to figure out the root cause. I suspect it has to do with my SSD as it only seems to occur whenever I am using it intensively. I have tried to reinstall windows to try a fresh start and see if that...
  5. BSOD Whea Uncorrectable Error

BSOD Whea Uncorrectable Error: Hi,I’ve been having BSOD Whea errors for a couple of days now and I can’t seem to figure out the root cause. I suspect it has to do with my SSD as it only seems to occur whenever I am using it intensively. I have tried to reinstall windows to try a fresh start and see if that...
  6. BSOD WHEA UNCORRECTABLE ERROR

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD WHEA UNCORRECTABLE ERROR: Hello,I am getting random BSOD errors. I am not doing anything super strenuous on my PC when these errors occur. Any help appreciated,Dump Files down belowhttps://1drv.ms/u/s!AlSzrGd-E4Ykg651H_lda8PlGu67DA?e=HfPXplThanks!...
  7. BSOD : WHEA UNCORRECTABLE ERROR

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD : WHEA UNCORRECTABLE ERROR: IS MY PC OK ? IF NOT WHAT IS WRONG WITH IT AND HOW SHALL I FIX IT ?Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version 10.0.22473.1005 AMD64Copyright c Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.Loading Dump File [C:\Windows\Minidump\112021-16625-01.dmp]Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers...
  8. BSOD Whea Uncorrectable error

BSOD Whea Uncorrectable error: Im getting this BSOD error very frequently this week. Tried reseating my RAM which usually solves any issue on my PC but still doesnt work. Already updated all windows updates/drivers, did some registry cleanup, ran chkdsk /f /r, ran memory diagnostic tools and still...
  9. WHEA Uncorrectable Error kernel and storport

WHEA Uncorrectable Error kernel and storport: Hello! I have a very annoying problem in that my PC crashes with a whea_uncorrectable_error BSOD. I have uploaded the dump file and here is some additional info: Dump file: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AtwNsyMjWlqRjDSGR9OS1c-nh6Qe?e=ibDmJE On Fri 3/19/2021 1:47:20 PM your computer...
  10. Kernel Security Check Failure BSOD on New Build

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Kernel Security Check Failure BSOD on New Build: Just built a super budget gaming PC, and I'm having occasional "KERNEL SECURITY CHECK FAILURE" blue screen of death errors. Interestingly, it hasn't ever happened while gaming, but seems to happen when things like Chrome and Spotify are running. Only really played The Sims 4...