Windows 10: BSOD on new computer while gaming

Discus and support BSOD on new computer while gaming in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I just got a new computer about a month ago. Everything is new and I get BSOD (windows 10) while gaming mostly although it sometimes happens while I'm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MarvIchiban, Nov 9, 2020.

1. BSOD on new computer while gaming

I just got a new computer about a month ago. Everything is new and I get BSOD (windows 10) while gaming mostly although it sometimes happens while I'm just using the computer. Sometimes the computer doesn't BSOD and just gives me a Access Violation Error. Not sure if related.

Here is the link to download output files from the V2 script.

Dropbox - windows crash - Simplify your life

Any help is appreciated

Steps I have taken:
    • Updated all drivers and bios to latest versions
    • Checked ram with windows memory test to see if ram is faulty. (A stick was and it was removed waiting for replacement)
    • Clean Installed Windows after finding faulty ram
    • I had 2 x 2080Ti installed, I removed one, tested and then swapped cards; issue still exist

:)

MarvIchiban, Nov 9, 2020

2. BSOD When playing games

Hi Jackson,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

Please share the information requested below:

• Does the BSOD occur while playing a particular game?
    • Is the game downloaded from Windows Store?

I suggest you to update the Graphic Card drivers by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update.

Refer the link below for more information:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Nov 9, 2020
  3. Game Bar freezes Computer

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft community and thank you for posting your query.

I understand your concern. Let me help you to fix the issue.

To understand the issue better please provide us more information.

• What is the model number of the computer?

• Which game are you trying to play?
    • Try playing other games and check what the status is.
    Let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and check if this helps in resolving the issue. Follow the below methods.

Method 1

I recommend you to uninstall/reinstall the display driver and check. Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device manager

• Locate for display adapter and click on it to expand.

• Right click on the device and click on
      uninstall

• Once you are done uninstalling the driver, restart the computer. It will automatically install the generic display driver.
    If this doesn’t help to fix the issue. I suggest you to update the display driver. Skip step3 from the above steps and right click on the
    device and click on update.

Method 2.

If the above method did not help to fix the issue, I would suggest you to
    go to the computer manufacturer website and download the latest display adapter driver. Visit the below link:

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us...for-5th-generation-intel-core-processors.html

Method 3.

For the sound issue try the below steps.

Step 1.

I suggest you to uninstall/reinstall the sound adapter driver and check.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device manager

• Now click on Sound, video and game controllers
      to expand, right click on the device and click on uninstall.

• Once you are done installing the driver, restart the computer. It will automatically install the sound adapter driver.
    If the issue still persist, try the below steps.

Step 2.

I suggest you to update the audio driver and check.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device manager
    • Now click on Sound, video and game controllers and right click on it and
      update the software.
    Hope this helps. Keep posting us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Nov 9, 2020
  4. BSOD on new computer while gaming

Games cause the computer to freeze seconds after opening them for Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for providing us the troubleshooting steps that you have performed.

I suggest to run the game in compatibility mode by following the steps below and check if it helps.

• Right click on the ‘Setup’ icon for the game and click on properties.

• Under Compatibility tab, check the option for ‘Run in Compatibility mode’.

• Select Windows 8.1 from the drop down list.

• Click on Apply and then OK.

Please revert with the result of the issue and we will be happy to help you.

Guru Kiran G, Nov 9, 2020
Thema:

BSOD on new computer while gaming

1. BSOD on new computer while gaming - Similar Threads - BSOD computer while

2. Computer BSoDs while playing certain games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer BSoDs while playing certain games.: For a couple of weeks now, I've been getting BSoDs while playing some games and I can't seem to figure it out on my own. I have tried a couple of things to try and fix the issue but with no success, the reason for crashing has changed though, so either I fixed one issue, or...
  3. Computer BSoDs while playing certain games.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer BSoDs while playing certain games.: For a couple of weeks now, I've been getting BSoDs while playing some games and I can't seem to figure it out on my own. I have tried a couple of things to try and fix the issue but with no success, the reason for crashing has changed though, so either I fixed one issue, or...
  4. Computer BSoDs while playing certain games.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. BSOD while in sleep mode - new computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD while in sleep mode - new computer: I have a brand new computer and have barely started using it yet I am getting BSOD when the laptop is in sleep or hibernate mode. I have checked the event log and found every error that coincides with the BSOD is a Critical System error Event ID 41, Task Category 63, Source =...
  6. BSOD while in sleep mode - new computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD while in sleep mode - new computer: I have a brand new computer and have barely started using it yet I am getting BSOD when the laptop is in sleep or hibernate mode. I have checked the event log and found every error that coincides with the BSOD is a Critical System error Event ID 41, Task Category 63, Source =...
  7. Random BSOD's while gaming on new PC

Random BSOD's while gaming on new PC: Hello everyone, I just bought a new custom built PC, and it's been crashing randomly. It crashes on both high end games (Cyberpunk 2077), lower end new games (Valheim), and older games (Cities Skyline). Strangely enough CoD runs perfectly fine. I'm troubleshooting together...
  8. My computer had an BSOD while gaming!

My computer had an BSOD while gaming!: Hey, I was playing Borderlands and streaming when my PC locked up on me, I have included the logs below for you. 131323
  9. BSOD while gaming

BSOD while gaming: I'm almost certain it has something to do with my hardware but I can't make heads or tails of the information in the dump files. I've recently reinstalled Windows, clean install, because of the BSOD's to no avail My computer is approx. 3 years old & I recently upgraded my...
  10. BSOD while gaming

BSOD while gaming: Hello everybody, This is my first post on this forum and I hope someone can help me. I'm having several BSOD while gaming and sometimes even just scrolling windows and browsing pages. The strange thing is that the crash cause seems to be always different, as you can read in...