Windows 10: BSOD on new Windows 10 install, Homebuild

Discus and support BSOD on new Windows 10 install, Homebuild in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've installed Windows 10 on a new homebuild and am experiencing BSODs erratically, about seven times in the past two weeks. Most of the time they... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by timmge, Aug 11, 2015.

1. timmge Win User

BSOD on new Windows 10 install, Homebuild

I've installed Windows 10 on a new homebuild and am experiencing BSODs erratically, about seven times in the past two weeks. Most of the time they occur when the computer is idling and I'm away. Sometimes the computer is fine for a few days, other times, just a few hours.

I reset Windows yesterday as I was having driver problems and was hoping that the BSODs were related. I've newly installed just chipset drivers and graphics drivers, Windows seems to have automatically loaded full Realtek audio drivers.

To check stability, I ran Prime95 and logged the computer's status with HWiNFO. When I came back to check, the computer had rebooted and HWiNFO showed that the computer ran for only 35 minutes after it started logging. While CPU temps were high at some points (low-nineties Centigrade) they were never critical and were actually in the sixties when the last data point was logged.

I've added the HWiNFO log to the zip file of the crash report.

My computer is BIOS password protected so Windows did not restart until 5:57 this morning even though it appears to have crashed at 21:56 last night. Just in case you're really getting into the details of the logs.

My license is an upgrade from Windows 8.1 Pro, so downgrading is an option if that has a fair chance of solving the problem.

Just noticed that HWiNFO is reporting my CPU voltage as only 1.1189v

:)

timmge, Aug 11, 2015
  2. Hanskifi Win User

win10 Anniversary

Thank you
    I did as you told.

Prob's found.

Corrected.

Still windows tell's me unable to update driver.
    -

Funny, all works fine in my Lenovo Y50 laptop

1607-14393.693

(Installed Terratec T5 yesterday, only to test.)
    But not on my homebuild desktop

1507-14393.693

Hanskifi, Aug 11, 2015
  3. d0gknees Win User
    WINDOWS 10 - CONS

The ones I've seen are a mixture of namebrand notebooks from ASUS and HP and my two homebuilds.

d0gknees, Aug 11, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

Hi timmge,

I'm very sorry for the delay, there aren't many people in this section.
    Are you still requiring help?
    If so, please use the tool again and upload a new zip file.

Please fill in your system specsPlease go to this site and download the tool. The tool will give you detailed information about your system specs, please fill in your system specs more completely.How to fill in your system specs:

BSOD on new Windows 10 install, Homebuild [​IMG]

BSOD on new Windows 10 install, Homebuild [​IMG]

5. timmge Win User
    I did some basic (albeit drastic) problem solution. I refreshed Windows (since it was a Homebuild, this reset the drivers to Windows defaults as well). I also reset all clock setting on my motherboard to default (again, just to be sure). After the reinstall, I installed the bare minimum of drivers (chipset and video card, I didn't even install audio drivers myself). After those two drivers, I let Windows pull whatever drivers it wanted.

I haven't had any problem in a couple weeks of (light) use and one night of stress testing.

Thanks for offering to help.

timmge, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD on new Windows 10 install, Homebuild - Similar Threads - BSOD install Homebuild

2. New windows 10 installation, BSOD caused by 'ntkrnlmp.exe'

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    New windows 10 installation, BSOD caused by 'ntkrnlmp.exe': Multiple crash dumps: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qQiX1nfW504cNB2GdRbDI7ceBylg6ITM/view?usp=sharing File 011821-6796-01.dmp says the crash is probably caused by : CI.dll, and every other dump says ntkrnlmp.exe. It's a computer that had to have it's motherboard...
  3. Windows 10 2004 BSOD after new install

Windows 10 2004 BSOD after new install: Hello! I've cleaned my nvme drive before installing the new version of windows 10. Everything worked perfectly until I began to install my apps and drivers, I'm sure it isn't a hardware failure because I also have a linux distro and it works perfectly I never had any...
  4. New Windows 10 Install, Memory management BSOD

New Windows 10 Install, Memory management BSOD: I am getting Memory Management BSOD pretty consistently on my fresh Windows 10 install. I have already done Memtest with individual and both sticks 4x pass with no errors. The system is a Ryzen 5 3600 that has the latest BIOS and chipset drivers B450M and a GTX1050Ti with...
  5. BSoD on new laptop with fresh install of windows 10

BSoD on new laptop with fresh install of windows 10: As the subject suggests, I have a new Acer laptop which I set up with a fresh install of windows 10 using the media creation tool and USB. Ever since I have had BSoD, particularly when the laptop wakes from sleep mode. Any analysis of the minidump files I have would be...
  6. Windows 10 new install BSOD's

Windows 10 new install BSOD's: I have been running into trouble with what I believe most likely is my drivers. I crash to a BSOD within an hour of playing a game generally around the loading screens. the BSOD's show different error although they all seem to be memory related like IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL,...
  7. BSOD random with new windows 10 install.

BSOD random with new windows 10 install.: Random different error code BSOD's cant figure out the problem. Windows 10 newly installed on new mobo cpu and RAM. Please help!!! See attachment Thanks! 43462
  8. BSOD on new installation

BSOD on new installation: Good night, I get a new computer, but it keep getting BSOD when using it. Playing, surfing, installing stuff... At any moment, with nothing in common between one or another. The screen freezes a bit before getting the BSOD. I tried a new installation but it keep...
  9. Windows 10 Pro Random BSOD on new install

Windows 10 Pro Random BSOD on new install: Hello everyone, I just put together a build with the following components Windows version: Windows 10 Pro , 10.0, build: 10240 Hardware: ASRock, Z77 Extreme4 CPU: GenuineIntel Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz Intel586, level: 6 SSD: M4 128gb Ram: 8.00GB (4x2)...
  10. Brand new clean windows 10 install - BSOD

Brand new clean windows 10 install - BSOD: I have run the tool and am attaching the file per the instructions. My computer is brand new and crashed while I was not even at my desk. I had nothing really "active" running. Hoping you guys can help me pinpoint what driver might be causing this. Thank you so much in...