Windows 10: BSOD on PC startup SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION atikmdag.sys

Discus and support BSOD on PC startup SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION atikmdag.sys in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I just flashed my GPU BIOS using ATIWinflash and when I restarted the PC I got the blue screen of death with the error SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Al94, Aug 23, 2015.

1. Al94 Win User

BSOD on PC startup SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION atikmdag.sys

I just flashed my GPU BIOS using ATIWinflash and when I restarted the PC I got the blue screen of death with the error SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION atikmdag.sys. I have the latest AMD Catalyst 15.7.1 drivers installed. I am now in the safe mode and I don't know what to do to fix this l so if anyone knows can they help me please.

PC Specs
    AMD FX 8350 4GHz
    XFX R9 280x
    8GB RAM
    Windows 10 Pro

Thanks

:)

2. Destavan Win User

BSOD SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (win32kfull.sys) error

I some issue , my laptop have blue screen after install driver vga. It bsod code sometimes SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION , VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (atukmpag.sys or atikmdag.sys)

I tired to try another driver but still bsod.

Can someone give me soluion for issue ?

Laptop asus k43by vga ati 6470m

Os windows 10 64bit

PLease help me BSOD on PC startup SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION atikmdag.sys :(

Destavan, Aug 23, 2015
  3. Blue Screen Error SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

Hey

Tnx for answering, I just got that BSOD while I was reading this BSOD on PC startup SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION atikmdag.sys :D

This time it said SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
    (
    atikmdag.sys)

Before it was only SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

I'm installing drivers right now I hope it will help, only today my Laptop got that BSOD 5 times

Ty for help

KireakiDesign, Aug 23, 2015
  4. essenbe Win User

AI94, did you back up the stock BIOS from your card? if you know about flashing a graphics card BIOS, you know that a bad flash can brick a card. What bios did you flash it to and for what purpose? Were you trying to flash it to another version of the card?

essenbe, Aug 24, 2015
  5. Al94 Win User
    Thanks for replying. I have the stock BIOS backed up already. I decided to flash the BIOS because of the 2D flickering I was getting with the card in the stock BIOS and everything else I tried didn't work. I got the BIOS from tech powerup it was this one :VGA Bios Collection: XFX R9 280X 3072 MB | techPowerUp

6. essenbe Win User
    I am really unsure what to advise you at this point. I don't know about XFX, but with most companies, flashing the BIOS will void the warranty. I would call their tech support and ask. If it doesn't, try to RMA the card. Last I heard, XFX has a lifetime warranty. If it does void the warranty, I would guess you have nothing to lose. Flashing the original BIOS back, if you want to try. But again, whatever you do, you are taking a big gamble.

essenbe, Aug 24, 2015
  7. Al94 Win User
    I flashed my GPU BIOS using ATIWinflash and when I restarted the PC I got the blue screen of death with the error SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION atikmdag.sys. I have the latest AMD Catalyst 15.7.1 drivers installed. If I try to go to safe mode but all I get is a black screen and when I boot the PC I get the BSOD. If anybody has any suggestions of what I can do to help me with this problem then please leave a reply.

PC Specs
    AMD FX 8350 4GHz
    XFX R9 280x
    8GB RAM
    Windows 10 Pro

Thanks

Al94, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD on PC startup SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION atikmdag.sys - Similar Threads - BSOD startup SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

2. Windows 10 BSOD SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION 3b with igdkmd64.sys

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 BSOD SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION 3b with igdkmd64.sys: Hi,I recently sometimes got BSOD SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION 3b with igdkmd64.sys randomly.My computer is a 3 year old notebook. It is fine until recent month. I have no idea why this BSOD keep occurring. I also update the intel graphic driver. The frequency was reduced. But,...
  3. Windows 10 BSOD SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION 3b with igdkmd64.sys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 BSOD SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION 3b with igdkmd64.sys: Hi,I recently sometimes got BSOD SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION 3b with igdkmd64.sys randomly.My computer is a 3 year old notebook. It is fine until recent month. I have no idea why this BSOD keep occurring. I also update the intel graphic driver. The frequency was reduced. But,...
  4. Windows 10 BSOD SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION 3b with igdkmd64.sys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. BSOD igdkmdnd64.sys SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

BSOD igdkmdnd64.sys SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION: Am having 1-2 times per week BSOD with same notice:Stop code: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTIONWhat failed: igdkmdnd64.sysThis is a relatively new Inspiron 7506 2n1 w/ souped up specs talking to a Dell WD19TB Thunderbolt dock and a pair of Dell S2421HS 1920 x 1080 monitors via...
  6. BSOD (dxgmms2.sys) SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION every 10-20 min of Arma 2

BSOD (dxgmms2.sys) SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION every 10-20 min of Arma 2: Hi, Since 2 days I am continuously getting BSOD while playing Arma 2 every 10 - 20 minutes of gameplay. It started with latest Windows 10 update i think. I uninstalled the only 3 windows update components from Programs and Features but still BSOD wasn't resolved....
  7. Bsod system_service_exception

Bsod system_service_exception: Hello there, I have just installed Windows 10 and this is happening very often: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION After googling about this I came to this forum. I followed this instructions ( but I don't know where to look for help. This is the link for my dump files...
  8. BSOD (atikmdag+0x48999) in minidump

BSOD (atikmdag+0x48999) in minidump: New Win10 10.0.16299 Build 16299 Samsung MXHPV256HDGL-0000 M.2 system drive Asrock X99 -11 Extreme i7-5930K Saphire Radeon R9 295-X2 with AMD 22.19.677.257 driver This is a dual GPU card Running ServeRaid M5210 SAS raid with 2 arrays 8 rotational disks total Dual EVGA...
  9. System_Service_Exception(dxgmms2.sys)

System_Service_Exception(dxgmms2.sys): Hello there guys, this has been bugging from a while now. I have been pulling my hair out and cannot seem to find the defect. It happens when I play AC:Revelations and it happens randomly I think, even though I haven't tested it out on anything specific just thought you guys...
  10. BSOD while moving Laptop error system_service_exception dxgmms1.sys

BSOD while moving Laptop error system_service_exception dxgmms1.sys: Hello, I an having issues with the BSOD error system_service_exception dxgmms1.sys when i move my laptop from the table onto my lap. I have recently upgraded to windows 10 to try to remedy the problem from Windows 7. My computer is about 4 years old and I use it for...