Windows 10: BSOD on regular basis when resuming from sleep

Discus and support BSOD on regular basis when resuming from sleep in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello everybody, I have freshly installed Windows 10 Home 64 on Samsung 850 EVO 500 Gb SSD. From the install time I getting regular BSOD's, but only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Javelin, Sep 10, 2016.

1. Javelin Win User

BSOD on regular basis when resuming from sleep

Hello everybody,
    I have freshly installed Windows 10 Home 64 on Samsung 850 EVO 500 Gb SSD. From the install time I getting regular BSOD's, but only in one typical scenario: after 4th or 5th time when pc resumed from sleep, other ways the pc runs perfectly.
    Getting desperate with this problem*Sad. I update any possible drivers with update reviver program, but pc behavior is still the same. It goes to sleep without problem and usually crashes only after 4th to 5th time when resuming. The motherboard bios is latest official version (not beta). Windows updates are on.
    Any help will be appreciated.

:)

Javelin, Sep 10, 2016

2. Does the virus attack the computer during sleep mode?

Hi,

I would like to inform you that Sleep mode is like putting your computer into the sleep state is like pausing a DVD player—the computer immediately stops what it’s doing and is ready to start again when you want to resume working. Normally the virus
    wont attack at this time since all process will be at pause.

Please make sure the anti virus is turn on all the time to protect against the virus and it is mandatory to update the antivirus on a regular basis.

Hope this information was helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Sep 10, 2016
  3. BSOD when resuming from sleep everytime relating to ATI Radeon HD 3000

Hi

Someone please help/advise me, ever since I've upgraded to Windows 10 my system (based on an AMD FX-8150 in a ASUS
    M5A78L-M/USB3, integrated Radeon HD 3000 graphics) the system BSOD immediately when resuming from sleep. Worked fine, always, under Windows 7, 8 and 8.1. Seriously starting to regret upgrading now (and stupidly, I didn't test sleep until a week or so
    after by which time I'd been happy that everything else was ok so deleted the Windows.old folder, doh!). The only driver that I can find that actually works is the one that Microsoft itself downloads when it detects the HD3000, i.e. version
    8.970.100.9001 13/01/2015.

WhoCrashed reports thus:

On Sat 15/08/2015 17:03:57 GMT your computer crashed

crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\081515-36406-01.dmp

This was probably caused by the following module: atikmdag.sys (0xFFFFF8017693ABDB)

Bugcheck code: 0x50 (0xFFFFD0029C95D780, 0x0, 0xFFFFF8017693ABDB, 0x2)

Error: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\atikmdag.sys

product: ATI Radeon Family

company: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.

description: ATI Radeon Kernel Mode Driver

Bug check description: This indicates that invalid system memory has been referenced.

This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.

A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: atikmdag.sys (ATI Radeon Kernel Mode Driver, Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.).

Google query: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

I've tried installing various catalyst builds instead to see if that helps but they seem to refuse to install driver choosing instead to try then fail to install a HDMI driver. I did find a "legacy" build that would install the actual driver but that didn't
    work either, event viewer shows that the device requires further installation even though device manager shows it to be working correctly.

So I'm rather stuck with this, not sure what - if anything - I can do other than either scrub my system and reinstall windows 8.1 or hope MS comes up with a fix. Never thought I'd find myself saying I'd prefer Windows 8.1!

Andrew Holland, Sep 10, 2016
  4. rhogg4859 Win User

I am having the same or similar problem.
    Attachment 100980

rhogg4859, Sep 10, 2016
  5. axe0 New Member
    @rhogg4859, start your own thread so we can give your problem the attention it needs.
    Your issue isn't similar to the OP's issue, to prevent issues you need to create a new thread for your problem.

6. axe0 New Member
    @Javelin, please follow below instructions and let me know how it goes *Smile

Please check Samsung Magician for firmware updates for your SSD.

Please uninstall everything of Nvidia using Display Driver Uninstaller and install new drivers from Nvidia. Be sure the clean install box is checked and only install the Graphics driver and the PhysX driver, you can use this tutorial for the installation part *Arrow NVIDIA Drivers - Avoid Problems - Windows 7 Help Forums
    Attachment 100983
    Code: 2: kd> lmvm nvlddmkm Browse full module list start end module name fffff800`d7600000 fffff800`d8351000 nvlddmkm T (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: nvlddmkm.sys Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\nvlddmkm.sys Image name: nvlddmkm.sys Browse all global symbols functions data Timestamp: Mon Jul 11 00:20:31 2016 (5782CA2F) CheckSum: 00D0B030 ImageSize: 00D51000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote] Please uninstall Avira and use Windows Defender as alternative while troubleshooting.
    Driver Reference Table - avgntflt.sys
    Uninstall *Arrow Solved Anti Virus (AV) stand alone removal tools - Windows 10 Forums
    Code: ffffd000`242290b8 fffff800`69cf80d9Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\avgntflt.sys, Win32 error 0n2 *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for avgntflt.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for avgntflt.sys avgntflt+0x80d9[/quote]

7. Javelin Win User
    Hi axe0,
    Thank you for your quick response. I already installed NVidia drivers after DDU uninstall (not the newest one, but its o'k). Just install Samsung Magician software, it tells that firmware is latest. Uninstall avira. From the dilettante view it looks like after few resumings from sleep pc get some critical errors mass and than crashes. It's not a tragedy, but sow annoying when you don't understand why your freshly installed normal system crashes.
    Do you see some pattern or some possibly main cause from my dump files?

Javelin, Sep 10, 2016
  8. axe0 New Member

Samsung SSD 850 EVO have been known to cause BSODs after the system resumes from sleep, I do not know if it has ever been resolved.

9. Javelin Win User
    That's interesting. Can you tell me where I can reed some information about this issue?*sarc

Javelin, Sep 11, 2016
  10. axe0 New Member
    I've mainly found out thanks to experience, I've honestly never read anything about it but someone here who uses a 850 evo SSD confirmed it, unfortunately I do not know who anymore since it's been many months.

11. Javelin Win User
    I think that finally solved the problem. Forgot to mention that my mb is Gigabyte GA z97x-sli. About a 1 week ago I risked and install the latest beta BIOS for my mb (F10b). Is dated 2016 04, but still in beta state. Described like "better memory compatibility". From now on I hadn't any BSOD with this bios. Windows is 1703. Hope this helps.

Javelin, Oct 31, 2017
  12. axe0 New Member
    We can find CPU, RAM, BIOS, GPU and Motherboard information back in the logs if needed *Smile

Thema:

1. BSOD on regular basis when resuming from sleep - Similar Threads - BSOD regular basis

2. Computer Crashes On A Regular Basis

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Crashes On A Regular Basis: I don't know if WhoCrashed is even good enough to get the correct information. But to explain it a little more, this seems to always happen when i'm playing video games. Everything will be completely fine and then out of nowhere like a light switch, it just shuts off with no...
  3. Computer Crashes On A Regular Basis

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer Crashes On A Regular Basis: I don't know if WhoCrashed is even good enough to get the correct information. But to explain it a little more, this seems to always happen when i'm playing video games. Everything will be completely fine and then out of nowhere like a light switch, it just shuts off with no...
  4. Computer Crashes On A Regular Basis

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer Crashes On A Regular Basis: Windows version:Windows 10, 10.0, version 2009, build: 19045 x64 Windows dir:C:\WINDOWSHardware:ASUS, ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC., PRIME H370M-PLUSCPU:GenuineIntel IntelR CoreTM i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz 8664, level: 6Processor count:16 logical processors, active mask:...
  5. Issue with the Taskbar when resume from sleep.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with the Taskbar when resume from sleep.: Hi,I am facing issue with my taskbar which goes weird after system wake from sleep. Even post all upgrades to Windows 11. Issue is still is persisting. It feels better not to put system to sleep because after awaking only option left is to reboot the windows and kill all open...
  6. Issue with the Taskbar when resume from sleep.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue with the Taskbar when resume from sleep.: Hi,I am facing issue with my taskbar which goes weird after system wake from sleep. Even post all upgrades to Windows 11. Issue is still is persisting. It feels better not to put system to sleep because after awaking only option left is to reboot the windows and kill all open...
  7. PC regularly shuts down and restarts when resuming from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    PC regularly shuts down and restarts when resuming from sleep: Recently, about once a day, my PC shuts down with no warning or Windows crash, a few seconds after resuming from sleep. Just dramatically switches off and restarts. Don't know where to start! Any help appreciated. Windows 10 20H2 173378
  8. irregular BSODs after resume from sleep

irregular BSODs after resume from sleep: Hello, I am having irregular BSODs if and only if I have sent my PC to standby and am resuming from it. If I remember correctly, these BSODs come with different error codes. I have run the V2 log collector, the output is attached to this post. Thank you very much in...
  9. BSODs when resuming from Sleep mode

BSODs when resuming from Sleep mode: Hello, Ever since I upgraded to W10 Pro (from W8.1 Pro) my PC has started bluescreening when resuming from Sleep. MEMORY_MANAGEMENT is the most common one, and the only one that has occured so far after upgrade to Build 10586 (upgraded 2015-11-13). BSODs...
  10. No BSOD but computer restarts without warning on a regular basis

No BSOD but computer restarts without warning on a regular basis: Hi everyone I'm not sure if this is the correct forum out of all the ones on offer, but as it's about my computer regularly crashing, I thought I'd post this here. If it's incorrect, I apologise...please point me in the direction of a more appropriate forum. Ever since I...