Windows 10: BSOD on relatively new machine - Continuing diagnosis

Discus and support BSOD on relatively new machine - Continuing diagnosis in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My wife's laptop has had BSOD issues ever since we got it last December. I posted some dump files a while back, and it appeared that the issue was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Chris48, Aug 13, 2019.

1. Chris48 Win User

BSOD on relatively new machine - Continuing diagnosis

My wife's laptop has had BSOD issues ever since we got it last December.

I posted some dump files a while back, and it appeared that the issue was related to FortiClient not playing nicely with the Killer network drivers. Here is a link to that discussion:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/bsod/6721b2da-7f49-4b38-b454-7ee8a3c611cf?messageId=2b81993e-8547-44e1-80ab-a05aff15ec44

Since then, I have completely uninstalled FortiClient, yet the BSODs continue.

I wish I could say that they happen consistently, but they don't. They just seem to come on randomly, without any consistent cause. I got a BSOD once when I clicked on a browser window while running Netflix. My wife says they sometimes happen when she tries to open a new browser tab, or clicks on a tab -- but sometimes they just happen while she is sitting and reading something.

One interesting thing is that the BSODs don't always produce a dump file. The event logs show, in those instances, that something is preventing the system from generating the DMP.

I have managed to collect some dump files, though; and I've posted them (along with the MSINFO data and Speccy output) to OneDrive here:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AstAdIvnzcozgTy4pAEiPLp0kxxJ?e=WhFgLu

I would very much appreciate assistance from someone who can look at the dumps and determine what's going on that might cause the issue.

Thank you very much.

:)

Chris48, Aug 13, 2019
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

BSOD when launching Virtual Machine

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate your effort on this. I understand how difficult it could be when the computer doesn’t work as it is supposed to, we will look into this for you. Please reply with the following details to assist you with the appropriate troubleshooting
    steps:

• Which application are you using to create Virtual Machine?
    • Does the issue occur only when launching a Virtual Machine?
    • Have you reinstalled Windows on the computer?
    • What is the make and model of the computer?

I have analyzed the dump files shared by you. Since the issue occurs when you launch Virtual Machine, I suggest you to try disabling the VMWare USB Arbitration Service and check if that helps. Please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + R, to open
      Run
      dialog box.
    2. Type services.msc and click on
      OK
    3. Look for the VMWare USB Arbitration Service and double click on it to open
      Properties.
    4. Select Disabled from the drop down for
      Startup and Stop the service.
    5. Click on Apply and OK.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Aug 13, 2019
  3. Phenom 9850BE low voltage overclocking results!

well if your going to continue with overclocking, i suggest doing the baby steps thing heh. good luck with the overclocking

eidairaman1, Aug 13, 2019
  4. BSOD on relatively new machine - Continuing diagnosis

BSODs continue after clean install - hardware?

Hello,
    I previously posted here regarding a variety of BSODs I was getting on my machine which included various stop codes:

• usbohci.sys
    • faulty hardware corrupted page
    • kernel security check failure
    • memory management
    After trying a bunch of things (including some good suggestions from the forum), I gave up and did a clean Win10 install. To be clear, this was a disk format, followed by a fresh/clean install using the Windows 10 .iso image from Microsoft. This is a new thread because I re-installed Windows 10.
    To my astonishment, within a day of the clean install, I already got a BSOD, this time saying "Stop Code: Memory Management". This happened as soon as I woke the machine up from idle sleep. Starting to wonder if I have hardware issues. I have installed minimal things beyond the fresh windows copy, including latest Radeon video drivers, but I don't think that's it. I've run the memcheck and diskcheck utility a bunch of times, with no problems indicated. Welcome everyone's thoughts, and thank you again!

scallionking, Aug 13, 2019
Thema:

BSOD on relatively new machine - Continuing diagnosis

1. BSOD on relatively new machine - Continuing diagnosis - Similar Threads - BSOD relatively machine

2. BSOD Diagnosis

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Diagnosis: Good afternoon,I have been experiencing repeated BSOD, seemingly at random. Frequency is generally once every hour or so, but inconsistent.I have uploaded Dump Files, Analysis and System Info here. Hope you can access itBSOD DataAnnoyingly, the error seems to be different...
  3. BSOD Diagnosis

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD Diagnosis: Good afternoon,I have been experiencing repeated BSOD, seemingly at random. Frequency is generally once every hour or so, but inconsistent.I have uploaded Dump Files, Analysis and System Info here. Hope you can access itBSOD DataAnnoyingly, the error seems to be different...
  4. BSoD New Machine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSoD New Machine: I have an HP ENVY Laptop 17 with 64GB of RAM and an Intel 12th Gen i7-1206p with a 2TB SSD, and since I received the machine, I have been having issues with it freezing and then restarting. I have had a few BSoD, but usually, this happens by the screen just freezing, and then...
  5. BSoD New Machine

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSoD New Machine: I have an HP ENVY Laptop 17 with 64GB of RAM and an Intel 12th Gen i7-1206p with a 2TB SSD, and since I received the machine, I have been having issues with it freezing and then restarting. I have had a few BSoD, but usually, this happens by the screen just freezing, and then...
  6. Frequent BSOD on New Machine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frequent BSOD on New Machine: Hello Everyone,I just purchased an MSI GE76 Raider with an NVIDIA RTX 3060 GPU, 1TB SSD, 16GB DDR4 RAM. While gaming, I am having frequent BSODs. I'll try to get as descriptive as I can.FIRST BOOT: -I uninstalled the preinstalled Norton. Restarted, then installed Bitdefender....
  7. BSOD Dump File Diagnosis

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Dump File Diagnosis: Can someone help me diagnose what's causing me to have random BSODs after coming out of sleep? I have a recent MEMORY.DMP file. First time posting, let me know if I did something incorrect: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Amda2RSyoMW9hC3rSBUDiYbsI8Og?e=iWBh9Z...
  8. BSOD diagnosis

BSOD diagnosis: I have been suffering from BSOds for a few months now. I have one every time I try to turn my laptop on, it happens once, with a stopcode of Memory Management or Reference by pointer. I have run memtest86 in the last three months and found no errors, as I was suspecting that...
  9. Frequent BSOD on new machine

Frequent BSOD on new machine: Hello, I have recently acquired new computer. However, I have come across the issue that it keeps getting blue screen of death once in a while. Sometimes it happens while I am changing something in settings, sometimes it happens when using Firefox, sometimes it happens when...
  10. New laptop with continuous BSOD

New laptop with continuous BSOD: Hello, I've recently purchased a new laptop HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop 15-cx0xxx (August 2019). I've always kept it up to date and I've never installed any counterfeited software. In the last few days I've bumped into BSOD quite a few times. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL...