Windows 10: BSOD on relatively new machine - Continuing diagnosis

Discus and support BSOD on relatively new machine - Continuing diagnosis in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My wife's laptop has had BSOD issues ever since we got it last December. I posted some dump files a while back, and it appeared that the issue was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Chris48, Aug 13, 2019 at 6:12 PM.

1. Chris48 Win User

BSOD on relatively new machine - Continuing diagnosis

My wife's laptop has had BSOD issues ever since we got it last December.

I posted some dump files a while back, and it appeared that the issue was related to FortiClient not playing nicely with the Killer network drivers. Here is a link to that discussion:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/bsod/6721b2da-7f49-4b38-b454-7ee8a3c611cf?messageId=2b81993e-8547-44e1-80ab-a05aff15ec44

Since then, I have completely uninstalled FortiClient, yet the BSODs continue.

I wish I could say that they happen consistently, but they don't. They just seem to come on randomly, without any consistent cause. I got a BSOD once when I clicked on a browser window while running Netflix. My wife says they sometimes happen when she tries to open a new browser tab, or clicks on a tab -- but sometimes they just happen while she is sitting and reading something.

One interesting thing is that the BSODs don't always produce a dump file. The event logs show, in those instances, that something is preventing the system from generating the DMP.

I have managed to collect some dump files, though; and I've posted them (along with the MSINFO data and Speccy output) to OneDrive here:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AstAdIvnzcozgTy4pAEiPLp0kxxJ?e=WhFgLu

I would very much appreciate assistance from someone who can look at the dumps and determine what's going on that might cause the issue.

Thank you very much.

:)

2. Nikhar_K Win User

BSOD when launching Virtual Machine

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate your effort on this. I understand how difficult it could be when the computer doesn’t work as it is supposed to, we will look into this for you. Please reply with the following details to assist you with the appropriate troubleshooting
    steps:

• Which application are you using to create Virtual Machine?
    • Does the issue occur only when launching a Virtual Machine?
    • Have you reinstalled Windows on the computer?
    • What is the make and model of the computer?

I have analyzed the dump files shared by you. Since the issue occurs when you launch Virtual Machine, I suggest you to try disabling the VMWare USB Arbitration Service and check if that helps. Please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + R, to open
      Run
      dialog box.
    2. Type services.msc and click on
      OK
    3. Look for the VMWare USB Arbitration Service and double click on it to open
      Properties.
    4. Select Disabled from the drop down for
      Startup and Stop the service.
    5. Click on Apply and OK.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

3. Phenom 9850BE low voltage overclocking results!

well if your going to continue with overclocking, i suggest doing the baby steps thing heh. good luck with the overclocking

4. BSOD on relatively new machine - Continuing diagnosis

BSODs continue after clean install - hardware?

Hello,
    I previously posted here regarding a variety of BSODs I was getting on my machine which included various stop codes:

• usbohci.sys
    • faulty hardware corrupted page
    • kernel security check failure
    • memory management
    After trying a bunch of things (including some good suggestions from the forum), I gave up and did a clean Win10 install. To be clear, this was a disk format, followed by a fresh/clean install using the Windows 10 .iso image from Microsoft. This is a new thread because I re-installed Windows 10.
    To my astonishment, within a day of the clean install, I already got a BSOD, this time saying "Stop Code: Memory Management". This happened as soon as I woke the machine up from idle sleep. Starting to wonder if I have hardware issues. I have installed minimal things beyond the fresh windows copy, including latest Radeon video drivers, but I don't think that's it. I've run the memcheck and diskcheck utility a bunch of times, with no problems indicated. Welcome everyone's thoughts, and thank you again!

scallionking, Aug 13, 2019 at 6:13 PM
Thema:

BSOD on relatively new machine - Continuing diagnosis

1. BSOD on relatively new machine - Continuing diagnosis - Similar Threads - BSOD relatively machine

2. Different and continuous BSOD's

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Different and continuous BSOD's: My Pc keeps crashing with different bsod fail codes. This includes page fault in nonpaged area, Memory Management, irql not less or equal and a few others. I've tried various methods, like sfc/scannow, chkdsk, updating windows and so on with no succes. I would really...
  3. Continuous BSOD Error

Continuous BSOD Error: I built a custom PC and I'm getting the WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR constantly. A SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION occurred twice as well. No amount of Google or troubleshooting has helped, but I did stumble upon this site. Below is the link to the MSinfo, system info (from Speccy), and...
  4. BSOD Continues to happen

BSOD Continues to happen: Here is the link to where my BSOD info and files are. https://1drv.ms/u/s!Avg9m8NeltWjgYd0Q3C_dy84_1JBlg Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod-continues-to-happen/7f2dc5e3-661c-4f35-a989-ef56c6980c2e
  5. New machine - Numerous Freezes & 1 BSOD

New machine - Numerous Freezes & 1 BSOD: Hi All, I have just built a new machine with the following specs: i7 5930k cooled by a corsair h105 Asus X99 Deluxe/u3.1 32gb of kingston HyperX 2666 ddr4 2x Gigabyte GTX Titan X Xtreme samsung 850 pro 1tb corsair ax1500i I am having issues with freezing and so...
  6. BSOD netio.sys related

BSOD netio.sys related: Hello, I'm struggling to solve regular BSOD issues. It feels like I'm having 3-4 BSOD crashes each time I use my laptop. I never had these issues with Windows 8.1, but they have arrived with the Windows 10 update. I've not noticed a particular event that causes these...
  7. Driver related BSOD

Driver related BSOD: Was having a lot of BSODs on my computer, so I completely formatted and reinstalled windows 10 - not a few days into the fresh reinstall, the bsods started coming again. So today I had a random bsod, which named ndis.sys as the problem. I then ran driver verifier for a...
  8. Continuous BSODs, TDR_Video_Failure

Continuous BSODs, TDR_Video_Failure: Hi, Hoping for some help. I've been getting pretty continuous BSODs with the error TDR_Video_Failure (nvlddmkm.sys). Sometimes it'll take awhile and other times I'll get them back to back. I've run Furmark for 30 mins on my resolution with no BSODs. Then I'll jump on...
  9. bsod continues

bsod continues: Proceed to a new clean install, I will keep you informed 33725
  10. GPU Related BSOD

GPU Related BSOD: Hi, I am getting some weird BSODs or freezes. One of them occurs randomly when i open up GPU-Z, i have tried to see if anyone else suffer from this, and apparently no one does. For me it's just, i can open it 40 times, and one of them might cause a total freeze. Think...