Windows 10: BSOD on reversion to W7

Discus and support BSOD on reversion to W7 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; On seeing the W7 eol notification, I followed the directions to get a free u/g to W10. The first attempt failed but after a BIOS update to my Dell... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Pimplico, Jan 19, 2020.

1. Pimplico Win User

BSOD on reversion to W7

On seeing the W7 eol notification, I followed the directions to get a free u/g to W10. The first attempt failed but after a BIOS update to my Dell Precision M6700, it succeeded. However, I found that a couple of my favourite apps. did not work properly and I hated the GUI, so the following day I found out that it was possible to revert within a 10 day period and went ahead with this. It was on (I think) the 2nd reboot that the BSOD appeared and despite all my efforts, constantly recurs on boot-up. Help!

- - - Updated - - -

Further info:
    OS = W7 pro 64-bit

:)

Pimplico, Jan 19, 2020

2. Reverse My Windows 10 Upgrade

Been using W10 for a few months now. Start app stopped working a few days ago, can't create a new user, can't access the reverse to W7 or W8. Tried everything on the troubleshooting list. Frustrating! Someone experienced this event? How it was fixed?

MariaSilva Rivera, Jan 20, 2020
  3. Can't update from W7 to W10 using iso file on DVD: 'missing media driver'

Hi Boblden,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps & checks if the issue persists.

This issue might occur for the following reasons:

• The installation DVD is removed during the setup process.
    • A low-quality DVD was used to create the installation DVD.
    • The speed at which the installation DVD was burned was too fast.
    • The DVD drive cannot read the media.
    • The ISO file is corrupted.
    Refer to the help article and check if it helps:

"A required CD/DVD drive device driver is missing" or "A media driver your computer needs is missing" error message when you install Windows

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2755139

I would suggest you to follow the below link provided by the Andre de Costa.

Problem with upgrade from W7 to W10 - BSOD Second_Boot & wdf01000.sys

Hope this helps, if the issue persists do reply us we will be more than happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Jan 20, 2020
  4. Shuyin03 Win User

BSOD on reversion to W7

New here and seeking for help: problems with graphic card

Thanks very much lilhasselhoffer. I'll start doing what you suggested step by step.

One question thou: you suggested me to Download the latest driver package from Nvidea. However, the link you posted is for the newly released GeForce GTX 760? Am I supposed to download the drivers for that card?

Sorry for my questions. As I said, I'm not an expert at all.

Shuyin03, Jan 20, 2020
Thema:

BSOD on reversion to W7

1. BSOD on reversion to W7 - Similar Threads - BSOD reversion

2. BSOD Crash when using Bluetooth PAN to connect to phone. Get invalid mdl range error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Crash when using Bluetooth PAN to connect to phone. Get invalid mdl range error: On a Surface Pro 7+ running the latest version available of Windows 11. EVERY TIME I connect to a phone via BT PAN I get the BSOD error 'Invalid MDL Range'. I've reset all network adapters, updated all drivers via windows update and intel. Seems like the exact same issue...
  3. BSOD Crash when using Bluetooth PAN to connect to phone. Get invalid mdl range error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD Crash when using Bluetooth PAN to connect to phone. Get invalid mdl range error: On a Surface Pro 7+ running the latest version available of Windows 11. EVERY TIME I connect to a phone via BT PAN I get the BSOD error 'Invalid MDL Range'. I've reset all network adapters, updated all drivers via windows update and intel. Seems like the exact same issue...
  4. BSOD problem dont give option to reset this pc.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD problem dont give option to reset this pc.: The bsod is very laggy after automatic repair when bootup. then it bring to the bsod. after that, it didnt give the option to reset this pc and straightway go to advanced option for troubleshooting. in this case i cannot reset my pc. command prompt also didnt work as scannow...
  5. BSOD problem dont give option to reset this pc.

BSOD problem dont give option to reset this pc.: The bsod is very laggy after automatic repair when bootup. then it bring to the bsod. after that, it didnt give the option to reset this pc and straightway go to advanced option for troubleshooting. in this case i cannot reset my pc. command prompt also didnt work as scannow...
  6. BSOD problem dont give option to reset this pc.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. After fresh install of Windows 11 I still get BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After fresh install of Windows 11 I still get BSOD: This is my bug check code 0x1010x8, 0x0, 0xFFFFAA81A9D40180, 0x4 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-fresh-install-of-windows-11-i-still-get-bsod/6fb22eec-31a6-465a-a8a7-244fdb872962
  8. Enabling driver verifier causes BSOD boot loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Enabling driver verifier causes BSOD boot loop: I have a sneaking suspicion that one or some of my drivers are acting up. I tried turning on driver verifier on all non-microsoft drivers, which caused a BSOD loop irql-not-less-or-equal. I have tried:- checking device manager for erroring drivers- DISM- Turned off all...
  9. After fresh install of Windows 11 I still get BSOD

After fresh install of Windows 11 I still get BSOD: This is my bug check code 0x1010x8, 0x0, 0xFFFFAA81A9D40180, 0x4 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-fresh-install-of-windows-11-i-still-get-bsod/6fb22eec-31a6-465a-a8a7-244fdb872962
  10. Enabling driver verifier causes BSOD boot loop

Enabling driver verifier causes BSOD boot loop: I have a sneaking suspicion that one or some of my drivers are acting up. I tried turning on driver verifier on all non-microsoft drivers, which caused a BSOD loop irql-not-less-or-equal. I have tried:- checking device manager for erroring drivers- DISM- Turned off all...