Windows 10: BSOD on Shutdown (SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION)

Discus and support BSOD on Shutdown (SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION) in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Everytime I shut my computer down, it does not turn off. The display turns off and everything else still is on. I have to press the power button to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by cshadd, Feb 24, 2016.

1. cshadd Win User

BSOD on Shutdown (SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION)

Everytime I shut my computer down, it does not turn off. The display turns off and everything else still is on. I have to press the power button to turn it off after this. I know this is a blue screen because the reliability monitor reports it as one. I am almost certain it is not hardware but my display driver acting up. It only does this during the shutdown phase. I uploaded the latest dump file on it. This has happened three times this month and I am wary of attempting to even shut down my computer in fear of loosing data. Also Sleep Mode disappeared due to this and I want it back.SFC reports no corruption either. Can I have any suggestions on what to do?

:)

cshadd, Feb 24, 2016
  2. Neprut Win User

Windows BSOD issues - Have DMP files

The driver verifier is not the issue here.... The whole point of that command is to BSOD your system and to see which drivers are acting up, that is the reason I posted the .dmp file for that BSOD. Of course I would have disabled that after successfully
    getting the system to crash...

My BIOS is the latest version (American Megatrends Inc. 1.I0, 25-Apr-17), that is the reason the .nfo file is included with the dumps so people are able to see that.

The SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION is indeed the main BSOD caused by main things over the past few weeks, which is what I am trying to fix.

29JUL - SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (win32kfull.sys)

26JUL - SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (win32kbase.sys)

24JUL - SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (ntoskrnl.exe)

23JUL - SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (win32kbase.sys)

22JUL - SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (ntoskrnl.exe)

18JUL - SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (win32kbase.sys)

ect, ect...

If older .dmp files are necessary I can always provide.

Thanks.

Neprut, Feb 24, 2016
  3. nikosdim Win User
    bsod to a new pc

okay thanks. Also as we were talking another bsod occured saying

system_service_exception

nikosdim, Feb 24, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

If you are using a program like Ccleaner please stop using it while troubleshooting.
    This because programs like Ccleaner remove dump files that are needed to troubleshoot.
    Or configure Ccleaner to not remove dump files:

BSOD on Shutdown (SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION) [​IMG]

Uninstall Avast and use Windows Defender as alternative
    Avast - Uninstall Completely - Windows 7 Help Forums
    Code: ffffd000`657feaf8 fffff801`6f0db89cUnable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\drivers\aswSP.sys, Win32 error 0n2 *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for aswSP.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for aswSP.sys aswSP+0x3b89c[/quote] There is only 1 dump where an Avast driver is flagged, based on that ground only 1 suggestion where I hope it'll be enough.

5. cshadd Win User
    Okay i'll try these thing when I get home, but I fear it may not be AVAST. Does AVAST have Windows 10 problems? I mean its only during shutdown. Again, I do want to report that it doesn't show a BSOD. The monitor just turns off and the computer stays running until I press the powerbutton once and I am using the shutdown button in the start menu.

cshadd, Feb 25, 2016
  6. axe0 New Member
    It may not be Avast only, Avast has been flagged.

There will certainly be issues with Avast and W10, but I haven't done any research for that.

7. cshadd Win User
    The link you sent me tells me to use control panel to uninstall Avast without using that method. Should I continue with the method without control panel?

cshadd, Feb 25, 2016
  8. axe0 New Member

I posted a link to a tutorial which explains
    • how to use the Avast removal tool and
    • another tool that removes left behind traces that the removal tool sometimes forget.
    I'm not sure what link you saw?

9. cshadd Win User
    Okay so for some reason I tried one more shutdown to see if the issue is fixed as I reinstalled my graphics driver. And I was able to shut down fully without problem this time. I'll try the Avast uninstallation if I get the BSOD again.

cshadd, Feb 25, 2016
  10. axe0 New Member
    Ok, keep me posted *Smile

Thema:

1. BSOD on Shutdown (SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION) - Similar Threads - BSOD Shutdown SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

2. BSOD system_service_exception

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD system_service_exception: I have this BSOD twice in a week BSOD reports only "system_service_exception". No other info. No error code, no crashing module infos. MiniMemory dump, MSInfo32, Aida reports here...
  3. BSOD: System_Service_Exception

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD: System_Service_Exception: I recently replaced the CPU, Motherboard, and Ram on an Acer Aspire TC 780A tower. Every once in a while, usually under heavy workloads, I will recieve the "SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION" Blue Screen Error. I still have the same hard drive that was used for the windows install of...
  4. BSOD SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

BSOD SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION: My mother's laptop has been gradually crashing more and more with SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTIONs since Windows 10 pushed an upgrade back in October. I published a thread back then to seek support with some other issues the upgrade was causing, but at that time I was unaware of the...
  5. BSOD system_service_exception

BSOD system_service_exception: Hi My PC just went into BSOD and restart while I am playing a game. please help kknow the cause of this. Win10 installed few days ago. The dump file here: https://mega.nz/#!KOwzXY5b!F6Vws1V6s...tOEJ5fT-CtCUw8 146518
  6. BSOD, SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BSOD, SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION: Hello, I am trying to help someone fix their computer. I have a little bit of knowledge regarding computers and windows. I am getting a SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION BSOD every time I boot into windows. I am able to get into the login screen and go to safe mode by pressing shift...
  7. BSOD System_Service_Exception (3b)

BSOD System_Service_Exception (3b): Been getting this particular BSOD on a near constant basis when running high'ish memory dependent games. After a fair amount of trying to fix it up with sfc, driver verifier and removing near anything I can think of that caused the bug, based on similar stories I finally...
  8. Bsod system_service_exception

Bsod system_service_exception: Hello there, I have just installed Windows 10 and this is happening very often: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION After googling about this I came to this forum. I followed this instructions ( but I don't know where to look for help. This is the link for my dump files...
  9. BSOD System_Service_Exception Ks.sys

BSOD System_Service_Exception Ks.sys: Hello, I recently clean installed Windows 10. After reinstalling the drivers and software somewhere along the way my connection went down and wouldn't go back up. In the reboot process it froze, so I had to do a force shutdown. As soon as Windows 10 loaded I then received...
  10. BSOD SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION 0x3b

BSOD SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION 0x3b: I had a crash earlier where the screen turned black and my computer reset, but there was no BSOD so I dont have the report on that. The computer also blue screened while rebooting from the black screen crash, then later it blue screened again while I was playing World of...