Windows 10: BSoD on Start-Up and Google Chrome?

Discus and support BSoD on Start-Up and Google Chrome? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Bare with me if my description on this isn't great, but this problem has recently just happened. Basically, I'm getting BSoD's when I'm sometimes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Nicholonio, Jan 27, 2017.

1. BSoD on Start-Up and Google Chrome?

Bare with me if my description on this isn't great, but this problem has recently just happened.

Basically, I'm getting BSoD's when I'm sometimes booting up my computer, using Google Chrome (it's happened a couple of times there), and so far...that's it as far as I know. The error code says "Bad_Pool_Header" and from a quick Google search, it seems that many have this problem.
    I already ran the Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool and according to that, all my memory is fine. I also went through my Device Manager and clicked on each one individually and checked it for updates on their drivers (some needed to be updated, some didn't). The problem happened before this and after as well.

If anyone can help me out, it would be greatly appreciated. Just let me know what I can do to help you. Thanks!

:)

Nicholonio, Jan 27, 2017

2. BSOD on Start-up and Restart loop

Hi,

Use Option 3 :

How to Enable or Disable Write Protection for a Disk Drive in Windows

Enable or Disable Disk Write Protection in Windows

Can't find anything on ets.sys. Find it, probably in C:\Windows\\system32\DRIVERS\ , right click on it then properties details tab to see if you can determine its maker and origin. Could be malware.

======================

Troubleshoot blue screen errors

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

We can analyze the minidumps if you make them available from the OneDrive or other file sharing sites (such as MediaFire).
    If you have problems uploading the minidumps copy them to the Desktop or the Documents folder and upload them from there.

Adding files to your OneDrive

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/getting-started-onedrive-tutorial

Upload photos and files

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/onedrive/add-photos-files

One-Drive - Share files and folders and change permissions

Share OneDrive files and folders

Zip or upload the contents of C:\Windows\minidump
    Use OneDrive to upload collected files

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7itproui/thread/4fc10639-02db-4665-993a-08d865088d65

====================================================

Does the system have RAID? If so that is also very suspect.

This error is usually a driver issue and display adapter (video) driver is the most suspect though it could be others. Antivirus/antispyware/security programs, hardware (heat) and major software issues can also cause the error. When you get to the driver section
    of the troubleshooter use my generic methods below and then return to the troubleshooter if needed.

Have you added hardware recently or updated drivers? Be sure to look in Windows Updates to see if any drivers were updated there. Other lessor possibilities include antivirus/anti-spyware/security programs.

------------------------------------------------------------------

BCCode: 7E 0x0000007E which is also 0x1000007E

BCCode: 7E 0x00000007E which is also 0x1000007E <-- read this link

SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

Bug Check 0x7E: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
    Bug Check 0x7E SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

==================================================

This is my generic how to for proper driver updates :

This utility makes it easy to see which versions are loaded : Run DriverView - set

VIEW to Hide Microsoft drivers - update those without Dump in their names (and

BIOS and chipset drivers).

DriverView - Free - utility displays the list of all device drivers currently loaded

on your system. For each driver in the list, additional useful information is

displayed: load address of the driver, description, version, product name,

company that created the driver, and more.

DriverView: Loaded Windows Drivers List

For Drivers check System Maker as fallbacks and Device Maker's which are the

most current. Control Panel - Device Manager - Display Adapter - write down

the make and complete model of your video adapter - double click - Driver's

tab - write down the version info. Now click UPdate Driver (this may not do

anything as MS is far behind certifying drivers) - then Right Click - Uninstall -

REBOOT this will refresh the driver stack.

Repeat that for Network - Network Card (NIC), Wifi, Sound, Mouse and Keyboard

if 3rd party with their own software and drivers and any other major device drivers

you have.

Now go to System Maker's site (Dell, HP, Toshiba as examples) (as rollback) and

then Device Maker's site (Realtek, Intel, Nvidia, ATI as examples) and get their

latest versions. (Look for BIOS, Chipset, and software updates at System Maker's

site while there.)

Download - SAVE - go to where you put them - Right Click - RUN AD ADMIN -

REBOOT after each installation.

Always check in Device Manager - Drivers tab to be sure the version you are

installing actually shows up. This is because some drivers rollback before the

latest is installed (sound drivers particularly do this) so install a driver - reboot

- check to be sure it is installed and repeat as needed.

Repeat at Device Makers - BTW at Device Makers DO NOT RUN THEIR SCANNER -

heck manually by model.

Manually look at manufacturer's sites for drivers - and Device Maker's sites.

How to Find and Download Drivers

====================================================

Memory tests do not catch all errors such as mismatched memory (possible even

for sticks that appear to be identical) and when faster memory is placed in system

behind slower memory. So it is best to also swap sticks in and out to check for

those even if all memory tests fail to show a problem.

To test RAM check here - let it run 4+ hours or so. <-- best method

www.memtest.org

MemTestX86 - Test RAM With

MemTest86+ - Test RAM

For the Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool.

Type in Cortana's search box -> Windows Memory Diagnostics

at top of list - click it. in Windows 8/8.1/10 the name is "Windows Memory

Diagnostic".

================================================

After doing ALL the updates you can, and if the issue continues, then run

DriverVerifier.

Driver Verifier can help find some BSOD issues :

Using Driver Verifier to identify issues with Windows drivers for advanced users

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/244617

How To Troubleshoot Driver Problems in Windows Vista or 7. (8/8.1 and 10

are essentially the same).

Driver Verifier Manager & Device Manager in Windows

Using Driver Verifier

Driver Verifier

WINKEY + X - RUN - type in -> verifier /reset hit enter to disable

Use BlueScreenView to see if there is a driver specified in the error message.

Also check with MyEventViewer at the time of the BlueScreen.

If DriverVerifier creates a minidump upload it and post the link here so we can

analyze it.

Hope this helps.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rob Brown -
    Microsoft MVP
    <- profile - Windows and Devices for IT : Bicycle - Mark Twain said it right.

SpiritX MS MVP, Jan 27, 2017
  3. BSOD on Start-up and Restart loop

I have an acer aspire v3 running windows 10 64 bit but i wouldnt mind downgrading to windows 7 or 8 if I have to. I had deleted all personal files previously so the machine has nothing on it.

When i start the machine up i get a blue screen saying that ets.sys failed and "SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED" then the machine tries to diagnose the issue but fails. Automatic repair also fails. I have tried to restore the system multiple times
    without success. I have also tried to restore windows with a recovery drive with no luck. If I run the CHKDSK command in the prompt it says i have errors but when i try and run the CHKDSK /f to fix the issues it says "cannot run check disk write protected."

One other random thing that might help started to happen to it before this was when i would close the lid or screen of the laptop it would blue screen instantly.

Im at my wits end with this machine starting to think it might be bad RAM but would rather not buy a replacement if the problem is windows or a driver.

Hopefully someone can provide me with more info on getting my machine back and running. Thanks.

ConnerCosgrove, Jan 27, 2017
  4. BSoD on Start-Up and Google Chrome?

Re-posting with the attached DM Log Collector.

In the process of trying to do this, it BSoD on me multiple times to get to this point too.

Nicholonio, Jan 27, 2017
  5. Bumping this thread as I see everyone else is getting help, and my thread is being overlooked. Just getting a little frustrating now. Did I provide the right information? Was it descriptive enough?

Nicholonio, Jan 28, 2017
  6. Ztruker Win User
    I suspect the reason you were skipped is because you replied to your own post. When looking for work here, I and others look for threads with 0 responses to look at first.

Not sure what you did but what you uploaded is not the full output of dm_log_collector. Please just run it as directed and upload the resulting zip file. There are several files missing from what you uploaded that I want to see.

Ztruker, Jan 29, 2017
  7. My apologies Ztruker, at the time of this issue, I was getting really frustrated as every time I was logged on, I couldn't do anything. Hopefully you, and whoever else reads this bumped post, understands. To provide an update, after this post, I ended up resorting back to Windows 7 for a month and didn't have any issues. However, I just switched back to Windows 10 a few days ago and haven't had any issues until today, where I tried downloading an NVIDIA update and ran into the BsOD "Pool Header" problem again, just like when I made this thread.

That all said, I believe I ran the test the right way this time and have uploaded it with this post. Hopefully this helps.

Nicholonio, Mar 4, 2017
  8. Ztruker Win User

BSoD on Start-Up and Google Chrome?

Why did you update the Nvidia driver? Were you having problems? If not, roll the driver back in Device Manager, see if that resolves the problem.

Meanwhile I'll look at your dump(s).

Ztruker, Mar 4, 2017
  9. Yes, I was. Forgot to jot down what it said, though. I kept getting notifications that I have to update the drivers, also can never update the latest one that came out as well. It would act like it would update, then never would. Now every time I search up NVIDIA, I get an Control Panel Application 8.1.1020.0 error code.

Nicholonio, Mar 4, 2017
  10. Ztruker Win User
    Both dumps indicate a problem with mwac.sys.
    Code: BugCheck 19, {20, ffff8b8d41b0f120, ffff8b8d41b0f140, 4020008} *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for mwac.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for mwac.sys Probably caused by : fwpkclnt.sys ( fwpkclnt!FwpsConstructIpHeaderForTransportPacket0+1dd )[/quote] mwac.sys
    Driver Description: Malwarebytes Web Access Control
    If it's blamed in a BSOD, it may be due to an outdated version of BitDefender 2016. Ensure that BitDefender is updated to the latest version. Fix came out around 02 July 2016. Otherwise uninstall MBAM and test, see if that helps.

Driver Update Site: Support: Malwarebytes |

Portal

Download: Malwarebytes | Free Cyber Security & Anti-Malware Software

fwpkclnt.sys
    Driver Description: FWP/IPsec Kernel-Mode API

Driver Update Site: Windows Update
    Not a likely cause of a problem, more likely your NIC driver (Lan or WiFi).

Ztruker, Mar 4, 2017
  11. You say there's an outdated version of BitDefender, but I don't have BitDefender on my computer. Are you recommending I should remove Malwarebytes completely since it causes BSoD's and download that in it's place?

Nicholonio, Mar 4, 2017
  12. Ztruker Win User
    Read it again. It says "it may be due to an outdated version of BitDefender 2016". Since you don't have BitDefender it can't be, so go ahead and remove MBAM for now. What version do you have. You should be running 3.0.6.1469-1075 which is the current version available. If not, go ahead and install the latest version then test.

Ztruker, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

BSoD on Start-Up and Google Chrome?

1. BSoD on Start-Up and Google Chrome? - Similar Threads - BSoD Start Google

2. BSOD after closing Google Chrome

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after closing Google Chrome: Good Day! I just got a BSOD this day after closing chrome, and I don't what's causing it. Can someone help me analyze and tell me what's causing the problem and how do I solve it?Here's the dump file:...
  3. Google Chrome won't start

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Google Chrome won't start: So I'm on a brand new windows 10 PC and have tried to install google chrome however it won't open sometimes does the tab thing trying to open but only for a fraction of a second and a black screen. I have tried all the recommended things on the internet restart, uninstall,...
  4. Google Chrome keeps crashing on start

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Google Chrome keeps crashing on start: I finished my pc build today and installed chrome. It was working well and all but then it crashed for some reason. I tried to reopen it but again it crashed on start. I then deleted all files and things related to Chrome and Uninstalled it. Then after I reinstalled jt, it...
  5. Google Chrome closes after start?

in Browsers and Email
    Google Chrome closes after start?: Hello... I downloaded Chrome, and it closes the minute you open it. I restarted my pc, reinstalled Chrome, but it doesn't work :( However, when I open the Task Manager, 6 tabs are displayed very briefly... Ask for help! I am at the end ;€ Google Chrome schließt nach Start?
  6. POP UPS ON GOOGLE CHROME

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    POP UPS ON GOOGLE CHROME: When I click on Google Chrome, I am inundated with Pop Up messages. How can I stop these? I don't speak computer so please keep answers as simple as possible. Thank you....
  7. Google Chrome causing BSOD

Google Chrome causing BSOD: I was getting BSOD when using Google Chrome to watch youtube clips. It was happening rather frequently, but somewhat randomly. Meaning: sometimes I could watch for 30 minutes straight without problem, other times it would BSOD after 5 minutes. After the computer rebooted it...
  8. Google Chrome Very Slow Start

in Browsers and Email
    Google Chrome Very Slow Start: Hi and sorry for my English I installed Google Chrome and I have as in Windows 10 as my default browser before had Firefox ... The problem is that when I start Chrome it takes about 1 minute or more to load. Once started it does not give me problems of slowness, it's just the...
  9. Google chrome and firefox starting up with a virus website (fanli90)

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Google chrome and firefox starting up with a virus website (fanli90): Hi, I am running windows 10 on the latest update, recently i downloaded a programme that turned out to be a virus and after getting rid of the virus, being a trojan running a UC Browser some stuff are still left, i used windows defender and Avast pro antivirus. The...
  10. BSOD while using Google Chrome(?)

BSOD while using Google Chrome(?): Hello everyone, I hope You can help me with my problem regarding a new PC I bought. It got 2 BSODs in between a few days and it seems both happened while using Google Chrome, but I'm not really sure if that's the cause or something else. I did some hardware testing after the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. chrome bsod on start