Windows 10: BSOD on startup, can't enter windows

Discus and support BSOD on startup, can't enter windows in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Yesterday I started to get the error REFMON INITIALIZATION FAILED on startup of windows 10, it occurs every time and I can't get into windows. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by LeoShafai, Aug 10, 2020.

1. LeoShafai Win User

BSOD on startup, can't enter windows

Yesterday I started to get the error REFMON INITIALIZATION FAILED on startup of windows 10, it occurs every time and I can't get into windows.

I tried booting in safe mode but it happens there as well.

I ran sfc /scannow and it said the drive was write protected

I ran chkdsk and it found errors, but chkdsk /F could not complete either

I can't find any new system images either.

currently im probably going to boot into the efi shell and copy my programdata, appdata, and users folder to another drive then try resetting windows, but I thought I'd see if there is a better solution first.

:)

LeoShafai, Aug 10, 2020
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Aug 10, 2020
  3. Kreij Win User
    Adding programs to startup with Windows 7?

You could add entries to the registry to launch the apps on startup, but it's easier to just add them to the startup foler as Newt suggested.

Kreij, Aug 10, 2020
  4. robn Win User

BSOD during windows start up

That's probably good news.

Quicker than uninstalling is to run "msconfig.exe" which is part of Windows. You can choose what runs when you start up the pc.

In the msconfig program untick all items on "startup" tab. Then go to "services" tab, tick "hide all Microsoft services", and untick the remaining services listed except hardware manufacturer ones (Intel, AMD, Nvidia, Realtek, etc.)

Try a normal pc boot then.

Thema:

1. BSOD on startup, can't enter windows - Similar Threads - BSOD startup can't

2. Stuck In BSOD and can't enter safe mode.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck In BSOD and can't enter safe mode.: I had windows 10 education on my computer when I bought it. It would not let me customize anything so I erased it and put on a Windows 10 Home. Now when I boot it goes to the BSOD with error codes 0xc000021a and it keeps rebooting. I tried unplugging everything and switched...
  3. Stuck In BSOD and can't enter safe mode.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck In BSOD and can't enter safe mode.: I had windows 10 education on my computer when I bought it. It would not let me customize anything so I erased it and put on a Windows 10 Home. Now when I boot it goes to the BSOD with error codes 0xc000021a and it keeps rebooting. I tried unplugging everything and switched...
  4. Stuck In BSOD and can't enter safe mode.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Can't enter PIN on win10 startup

Can't enter PIN on win10 startup: I disabled the CNG Key Isolation service and after restarting I can't enter my windiws 10 password the password window just doesn't appear. I can't use sc commands through the command line. I also have windows 7 installed as a second system, but I can’t run win10 applications...
  6. Can't enter PIN on win10 startup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't enter PIN on win10 startup: I disabled the CNG Key Isolation service and after restarting I can't enter my windiws 10 password the password window just doesn't appear. I can't use sc commands through the command line. I also have windows 7 installed as a second system, but I can’t run win10 applications...
  7. Can't enter PIN on win10 startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Keyboard input issues: can't enter pin on startup screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard input issues: can't enter pin on startup screen: Hi allThis is a strange situation but I'd really appreciate any advice as I'm at a loss.My laptop keyboard input is messed up as is my monitor so I'm plugged into an external keyboard and monitor. On the windows 10 login screen, I can't enter my pin or challenge phrase or...
  9. Keyboard input issues: can't enter pin on startup screen

Keyboard input issues: can't enter pin on startup screen: Hi allThis is a strange situation but I'd really appreciate any advice as I'm at a loss.My laptop keyboard input is messed up as is my monitor so I'm plugged into an external keyboard and monitor. On the windows 10 login screen, I can't enter my pin or challenge phrase or...
  10. unable to enter startup settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    unable to enter startup settings: HI, I am using win 10 and when i enter startup settings and click restart it is bypassing the start up options and enter log in screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-enter-startup-settings/1babddd0-6d25-4697-ac47-2876bf5b2a0a

Users found this page by searching for:

1. refmon initialization failed

2. refmon initialization failed windows 10

3. refmon initialization fehler

4. refmon initialization failed new