Windows 10: BSOD on startup, freezing reinstall of windows no help

Discus and support BSOD on startup, freezing reinstall of windows no help in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, My Wifes PC has hit some BSOD issues that to my attempts i have not been able to solve. Errors she has received: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by goombamunki, Jul 4, 2018.

1. BSOD on startup, freezing reinstall of windows no help

Hello,

My Wifes PC has hit some BSOD issues that to my attempts i have not been able to solve.

Errors she has received:
    SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
    KERNEL_AUTO_BOOST_INVALID_LOCK_RELEASE
    MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION
    KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

the machine check exception is by far the most often. It occurs after a minute or two from reboot.

troubleshooting i have done:
    case blow out
    reseating HDs and Graphics card
    moving power to outlet from power strip
    BIOS update
    Driver update-Graphics, keyboard, headset, mouse (anything i could find)
    Windows 10 64bit fresh install on the SSD from a fresh USB image

was able to get the log collector to run after multiple attempts.

Any help would be appreciated cause i am at a loss!

PC Specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI B150 PC Mate -- 2x PCIe 3.0 x16, 4x USB 3.1, 2x USB 2.0, DDR4 Memory
    Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-6400 Processor (4x 2.70GHz/6MB L3 Cache)
    Memory: 16 GB [8 GB x2] DDR4-2133 Memory Module Corsair
    Video Card: ASUS ROG GeForce GTX 1080 STRIX 8GB 256-Bit GDDR5X PCI Express 3.0 HDCP Ready Video Card
    Power Supply: 600 Watt - Standard 80 PLUS Gold
    Primary Hard Drive: 240 GB Intel 540s Series SSD -- Read: 560MB/s, Write: 480MB/s - Single Drive
    Data Hard Drive: 1 TB HARD DRIVE -- 32M Cache, 7200 RPM, 6.0Gb/s
    Cooling: Asetek 550LC 120mm Liquid Cooling System - Standard 120mm Fan

:)

goombamunki, Jul 4, 2018
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Jul 4, 2018
  3. Windows 7 BSOD on startup HELP

Hey guys,

I'm running the 64 bit windows 7 on my computer that I built about two months ago. Recently, I installed two spinpoint f3's and put them in a RAID 0 and use those to boot out of. Ever since then, about 70% of my startups blue screen on me saying the pqrl (or something like that) is not less_than_or_equal_to. Is booting out of a RAID a bad idea, or is this something completely different? I've reinstalled windows 7 four times and each to no avail with these blue screens. Any suggestions?

Note: Before I changed the HDDs I had a WD caviar green as my boot drive and only drive for that matter and I don't think it ever had start up issues.

jasper1605, Jul 4, 2018
  4. Syrfnr Win User

BSOD on startup, freezing reinstall of windows no help

How To: Reinstall Video Drivers (Quick Guide)

Hey there. Don't know whether this thread is still active but i have a problem! I did every step and i ended up with a BSOD system service exception error. I'm running windows 7 and i was reinstalling my AMD graphics. Anyone can help me? Please

Syrfnr, Jul 4, 2018
Thema:

BSOD on startup, freezing reinstall of windows no help

1. BSOD on startup, freezing reinstall of windows no help - Similar Threads - BSOD startup freezing

2. Help! Computer freezes while reinstalling windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help! Computer freezes while reinstalling windows: So i've been having problems with my computer and thought it would be good to optimize my computer by reinstalling windows while still keeping all of my files, my computer is saying "Installing Windows." im at 83 % and then it decides to freeze, would it be alright to shut...
  3. Help! Computer freezes while reinstalling windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help! Computer freezes while reinstalling windows: So i've been having problems with my computer and thought it would be good to optimize my computer by reinstalling windows while still keeping all of my files, my computer is saying "Installing Windows." im at 83 % and then it decides to freeze, would it be alright to shut...
  4. Help! Computer freezes while reinstalling windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. help: computer freezing during startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    help: computer freezing during startup: Hi, I've got a big mystery problem and could really use some help--I turned on my computer Lenovo 2018 ThinkPad the other day, left the room, and it was frozen when I came back in so I turned if off and tried to turn it back on again. It kept freezing during the booting...
  6. Help freezing and BSOD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help freezing and BSOD: I don't know what to do anymore. I build my pc a couple of years ago n upgraded everything but the psu 2 years ago I think. When I upgraded I just did a clone of my main windows ssd and I was fine till an update and it started freezing but I could still use my mouse for a min...
  7. Help, freeze on startup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help, freeze on startup: So yesterday my computer was working fine, i didn't update anything or do anything to alter the start up. Today after a few seconds of logging in it will freeze. I can sometimes manage to put in my password but it doesn't matter. As if on a timer it will freeze. Safe mode...
  8. Windows 10 freezes on initial startup after reinstalling Windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 freezes on initial startup after reinstalling Windows: I reinstalled Windows 10 Pro using the recovery partition on my HP laptop. On the first startup, it asks all the usual questions: setting the region and keyboard, setting up my user account, connecting to Wifi, etc. But it hangs on the final "Services" section of initial...
  9. Windows 10 freezes and BSOD constantly and on startup

Windows 10 freezes and BSOD constantly and on startup: Hi all, I recently had my whole computer just completely freeze without even a crash while playing a game. I tried to troubleshoot it myself with some help with forums but nothing worked to fix it from crashing and freezing as soon as I put in my password. I then...
  10. [HELP] BSOD on every startup.

[HELP] BSOD on every startup.: Whenever I start my PC in the morning (or first time in a day), it always gives me a BSOD (with the message being different sometimes). I ran MemTest86 to check if my RAM was corrupted but it passed so I suspected there was a problem with a driver. So I ran the Driver...