Windows 10: BSOD on startup (mv91xx.sys, also previous store exception BSOD 3x)

Discus and support BSOD on startup (mv91xx.sys, also previous store exception BSOD 3x) in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I recently upgraded my htpc from 8.1 pro to Win 10 pro. I have had multiple BSOD since then. 4 were for store exception not handled and the last 2 were... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by samhfoley, Oct 14, 2015.

1. samhfoley Win User

BSOD on startup (mv91xx.sys, also previous store exception BSOD 3x)

I recently upgraded my htpc from 8.1 pro to Win 10 pro. I have had multiple BSOD since then. 4 were for store exception not handled and the last 2 were for kmode exception not handled mv91xx.sys. Please advise.

:)

samhfoley, Oct 14, 2015

2. Computer crashes once a day some time after waking from sleep/hibernation

Hello, my computer is having another fit of BSOD roughly 5 minutes after reboot from a previous BSOD and it's been at least 5 in a row.

Messages included: UNEXPECTED STORE EXCEPTION and another BSOD had: CRITICAL PROCESS DIED.

BSOD on startup (mv91xx.sys, also previous store exception BSOD 3x) [​IMG]

Mini Evil Panda, Oct 14, 2015
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    BSOD : UNEXPECTED STORE EXCEPTION - CRITICAL PROCESS DIED - MEMORY MANAGEMENT

Hi Circle Two,

I would go to Control Panel - Device Manager and update your Display and Network Drivers, they are the usual suspects in BSOD's

Also since one of the BSOD's mentions Store Exception, I would reset your Store App:

Click your Start Button, type wsreset and hit Enter . . .

DaveM121, Oct 14, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

Hi samhfoley,

Welcome to the 10forums.

mv91xx.sys is a driver for AHCI/RAID.
    Please check here for driver updates.
    Code: 0: kd> lmvm mv91xx start end module name fffff800`10f30000 fffff800`10fbc000 mv91xx T (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: mv91xx.sys Image path: \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\mv91xx.sys Image name: mv91xx.sys Timestamp: Fri Aug 27 11:49:22 2010 (4C778A22) CheckSum: 00050BB0 ImageSize: 0008C000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote]

5. samhfoley Win User
    Thanks. I updated my drivers. Hopefully no more BSOD. What about the store exceptions that preceded the driver error?

samhfoley, Oct 14, 2015
  6. axe0 New Member
    You have had several crashes, but there are only 2 dumps.
    I just noticed that *Redface

Please check {windows partition}\windows\minidump and check if there are any dump files saved outside of the ones below.
    Please make sure your pc is configured for small dump files How to configure minidump | Windows 10 tutorial
    Attachment 42871

7. samhfoley Win User
    no just those two. I configured the minidump as directed for future usage.

samhfoley, Oct 14, 2015
  8. axe0 New Member

According to the logs you have had the following crashes and so far I know pretty much all of them have a usual cause: 3rd party driver
    Code: 0x3b system_service_exception 0x7e system_thread_exception_not_handled 0x7e system_thread_exception_not_handled 0x1a memory_management 0x133 dpc_watchdog_violation 0x1a memory_management 0x1e kmode_exception_not_handled 0x1e kmode_exception_not_handled[/quote]

9. samhfoley Win User
    [/quote] I checked that marvell site and the latest installer they had was for WIn 8. I ran it, but I am not sure if that will work or not.

samhfoley, Oct 14, 2015
  10. axe0 New Member
    It certainly needs updating as it may help.

11. samhfoley Win User
    Fingers crossed that I've seen my last BSOD for awhile. I'll keep you posted. Thanks again for your help.
    Sam

samhfoley, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD on startup (mv91xx.sys, also previous store exception BSOD 3x) - Similar Threads - BSOD startup mv91xx

2. Unexpected Store Exception BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unexpected Store Exception BSOD: Hello, so I just got BSOD which is Unexpected Store Exception when playing Left 4 Dead 2, I also got this BSOD before but somehow only one dump I just found.Can anyone help me to check what's the caused of this? HDD problem or RAM or just software?All driver were up to date,...
  3. Unexpected store exception BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unexpected store exception BSOD: My laptop has been freezing and experiencing BSOD with the error code unexpected store exception. After I shut the laptop down and turn it back on everything seems normal but then it crashes after a while I have tried a bunch of methods on YouTube and nothing seems to work....
  4. BSOD store exception unexplained

BSOD store exception unexplained: BSOD 'store exception' is happening sporadically on my Windows 10 system no further info - no error code, nothing and BS-dump file does not get written progress stays at 0%, requiring hard reboot. Upon rebooting, an event is logged saying the previous shutdown was unexpected...
  5. BSOD unexpected store exception

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD unexpected store exception: Hi MicrosoftI am getting blue screens which say unexpected store exception and it’s very frustrating. I’ve had this issue for about a year now, and it seems to only happen when I’m playing a game. What are some steps I can take to get rid of this error? I’m sure it’s one of...
  6. BSOD "Unexpected Store exception"

BSOD "Unexpected Store exception": Hi, Recently I have been getting the Unexpected store exception BSOD error while playing games like F1 or sea of thieves.Currently I have tried all this https://helpdeskgeek.com/windows-10/how-to-fix-unexpected-store-exception-error-in-windows-10/ website advises but that...
  7. BSOD Unexpected Store Exception

BSOD Unexpected Store Exception: Hi thereI've been battling BSOD for a while and any help would be really appreciated!The history is this:- I have an Asus X555L laptop with Windows 10- I started getting BSOD and realised fan wasn't working. I had someone clean up the fan and at the same time had them replace...
  8. BSOD - Unexpected Store Exception

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD - Unexpected Store Exception: A month or so ago I continuously got the Unexpected Store Exception BSOD. After the crash, upon restarting I would be unable to access my D drive a HDD until another shut down and restart. However, no files were ever corrupted on my D drive. After trying multiple things and...
  9. BSOD unexpected store exception

in Windows 10 Customization
    BSOD unexpected store exception: Hi there, well i ma having a issue with my pc that is i am facing blue screen dead error frequently i dont know why this my first time i am having a problem like this so what can i do. This error occured since i had changings in my bios setting I mistakenly changed it to...
  10. BSOD 3x a week now

BSOD 3x a week now: Hi Been starting to get these to often now around 3x a week, goes to blue screen and then restarts if someone can let me know if I have to do clean reinstall or something easier Thanks 105945