Windows 10: BSOD on startup (ntoskrnl.exe)

Discus and support BSOD on startup (ntoskrnl.exe) in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When I started up windows, the little white dotted circle in the black screen stopped spinning for a good minute, then had to reboot again, and I got a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by jonathan4210, Sep 6, 2016.

1. BSOD on startup (ntoskrnl.exe)

When I started up windows, the little white dotted circle in the black screen stopped spinning for a good minute, then had to reboot again, and I got a dump file. I read it, and had an issue with ntoskrnl.exe. I looked it up, and read that most of the time, it means bad RAM. I did the windows memory diagnostic, and got no problems detected. So, whats the issue?

:)

jonathan4210, Sep 6, 2016
  2. Matvey17 Win User

Since the Windows 1709 update my PC randomly crashes/restarts once a day

Hi, i have same ntoskrnl.exe+759faf problem since 1709 update.

Try to turn off "Fast Startup" in settings. It helped me. Almost 2 weeks without BSOD since i turned off fast startup.

Matvey17, Sep 6, 2016
  3. BSOD: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, SYSTEM_THREAD_NOT_HANDLED

Greetings,

last week i made some hardware changes to my laptop (lenovo z70-80). I installed a new ssd and upgraded my 4gb RAM to 16 gb RAM . The next day i experienced some BSOD errors (only at a cold startup, after the reboot of the system everything works just fine).
    Most commonly the cause of BSOD was SYSTEM_THREAD_NOT_HANDLED and just lately the IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. I post the info from the last BSOD as got from blue screen viewer :

Bug Check String;

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Bug Check Code: 0x0000000a

Parameter1: 00000000`00060001

Parameter2: 00000000`000000ff

Parameter3: 00000000`00000000

Parameter4: fffff802`8266bf72

Caused by Driver: ntoskrnl.exe

Caused by Address: ntoskrnl.exe+16c580

File Description: NT Kernel & System

thanks in advance.

Orfeas politis, Sep 6, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

BSOD on startup (ntoskrnl.exe)

Hi jonathan4210,

Welcome to the 10forums *Smile

Please uninstall everything of AMD using Display Driver Uninstaller and install new drivers from AMD. Be sure to install as less as possible software using custom/advanced options, you can use this tutorial for the installation part *Arrow AMD Graphics Drivers - Install Without Catalyst Install Manager - Windows 7 Help Forums
    Attachment 100324
    Code: 6: kd> lmvm atikmdag Browse full module list start end module name fffff801`28080000 fffff801`297dc000 atikmdag T (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: atikmdag.sys Image path: atikmdag.sys Image name: atikmdag.sys Browse all global symbols functions data Timestamp: Wed Feb 10 04:25:15 2016 (56BAAD9B) CheckSum: 016E3C29 ImageSize: 0175C000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote]

axe0, Sep 6, 2016
  5. Last time I had a BSOD, the issue was related to atikmdag.sys, for which I had used DDU, and this was roughly 2 weeks ago. Only difference is that I reinstalled the drivers with the catalyst package. Now I followed the link you provided, and only installed the correct drivers (and set auto driver installation to No). Only time will tell if my problem has actually been fixed this time. So for now, thanks *Smile

Also, I noticed that the last 2 times it crashed, it happened after I cleaned my registry (not right away, after shutting down and booting up again). Is this a coincidence or can it be related to the issue?

jonathan4210, Sep 6, 2016
  6. axe0 New Member
    Keep me posted on how it goes please *Smile

axe0, Sep 6, 2016
  7. Would you recommend me trying the Windows Driver Verifier? It looks like it can tell me if the driver is good right away instead of waiting for a BSOD (cause I dont get them often), but I also read it can be dangerous.

jonathan4210, Sep 7, 2016
  8. axe0 New Member

I wouldn't until I'm certain it would be necessary to catch a driver.

axe0, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD on startup (ntoskrnl.exe) - Similar Threads - BSOD startup ntoskrnl

2. ntoskrnl bsod

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ntoskrnl bsod: My pc has been bsod-ing for 2-3 years now and i recently decided to try and fix it. I use bluescreen view and always see that the bsods are always caused by ntoskrnl.exe. heres all of the stuff ive to try and fix it.Used 1 8gb ram stick at a timeused different ram slotsused...
  3. ntoskrnl BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ntoskrnl BSOD: Hello, I have quite a persistent problem here.I often get BSOD or straight out system restarts the latter don't have any trace in minidump. In the past few days, they were too recurrent and got to a point where I had to reinstall Windows because my laptop actually got slowed...
  4. ntoskrnl BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ntoskrnl BSOD: Hello, I have quite a persistent problem here.I often get BSOD or straight out system restarts the latter don't have any trace in minidump. In the past few days, they were too recurrent and got to a point where I had to reinstall Windows because my laptop actually got slowed...
  5. BSOD Minidump shows page_faul ntoskrnl..exe

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Minidump shows page_faul ntoskrnl..exe: KUKutter_UKFirstly, I would like to say that I am posting this again because after having an instant reply from an 'Andrew', and posting my dmp files as requested on July 24th I haven't heard anything back since! I have responded a couple of times but nothing is happening to...
  6. BSOD Minidump shows page_faul ntoskrnl..exe

BSOD Minidump shows page_faul ntoskrnl..exe: Hi there, My new machine around 8 months old now runs perfectly most of the time. Uptime 3 - 6 weeks at a time. NO issues at all - I am a heavy PC user: Gaming, Audio Work and some 3D modelling, so my machine goes through its paces.Every now and then on boot, I get the error...
  7. Ntoskrnl BSOD

Ntoskrnl BSOD: Hello, Any ideas how I can stop ntoskrnl.exe of causing blue screens? It happens every few days while I am playing games on steam Here are my dumps: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1E7Kwdh1341_R2psC5NVUoETVBtqC_QlP/view?usp=sharing...
  8. BSOD ntoskrnl..exe

BSOD ntoskrnl..exe: My computer has crashed a few times often when i play games. I bought more ram because i thought that it was the issue but it didn't help. It did work a few days but then the crashes came back. After that i fixed the BSOD´s by lowering the graphics and the resolution on the...
  9. BSOD ntoskrnl..exe+1b35e0

BSOD ntoskrnl..exe+1b35e0: Help. Getting 4-5 of these a day. Running latest Windows 10 Pro, Xibo signboard, Docker with Xibo server. Always the same 'Caused By Address'. Put in new memory, ran memory test, no errors, all drivers up to date. Change disk type to AHCA, made sure windows driver was...
  10. Bsod ntoskrnl

Bsod ntoskrnl: Hi guys, Any help would be massively appreciated. My computer is BSOD at least two times a day. As far as I can tell, all drivers are up to date including Nvidia. Could somebody take a look at the attached and let me know if you find anything? I've ran a system check...
Tags: