Windows 10: BSOD on startup with Message DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL.

Discus and support BSOD on startup with Message DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Whenever I turn on my pc it loads up like normal but right after the Black Screen with the Blue Windows logo i get a BSOD with the message... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by aidencannon, Apr 22, 2020.

1. BSOD on startup with Message DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL.

Whenever I turn on my pc it loads up like normal but right after the Black Screen with the Blue Windows logo i get a BSOD with the message DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL.

I tried everything on the internet. I tried a hard reset, i tried getting in to safe modewhich i cant because it always goes to the BSOD and i played with the boot settingsbut i couldnt figure out what to do.

also it gets stuck at 0% complete every time. I left my pc on overnight once to see if it would make any progress at all but woke up to it still at 0% complete.

ive been trying to fix for DAYS, PLEASE HELP!

also i have no access to windows. I get stopped at the bsod everytime and cant move from there.

i also have a Dell if that matters at all.

:)

aidencannon, Apr 22, 2020
  2. Athamas Win User

BSOD: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

I have been getting random BSOD (DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL - Source: nwifi.sys) in the last 3 days. They seem to only appear when playing videos on YouYube, but it might be a coincidence.

What has changed in the last 3 days?

Nothing on the laptop itself. I plugged in a new keyboard and mouse (both USB), and a USB hub (USB-C).
    I also installed new drivers for the Intel Graphics and "Intel(R) Dynamic Platform and Thermal Framework Manager" as suggested by Dell Driver Updater, but this was an attempt to fix the BSOD, which already happened before updating these drivers.

What are the laptop info and specs?

• Text version: MEGA
    • Speccy version (can be imported into Speccy): MEGA
    • MsInfo32 Output: MEGA

Most recent dump files?

This is the content of C:\Windows\Minidump: (all 3 are the most recent BSOD dumps and match with the date and time of the BSODs)

MEGA
    MEGA
    MEGA

What have you tried?

I have checked with the Dell System Detect utility to see if all the drivers were up to date; 2 weren't and I updated them (as written above) but that didn't solve the issue.

I have cleaned the system Registry with the CCleaner utility, but that didn't solve the issue.

What can I do?

EDIT:

Upon suggestion, I updated the killer drivers.
    All seemes fine of a while, then, after the laptop went to suspended state, I noticed the external mouse stopped working, while the touchpad worked.
    After plugging and unplugging, I rebooted.
    Laptop stuck to reboot for 6 min (usually takes 6 seconds) then BSOD: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE.

Log:

MEGA

Athamas, Apr 22, 2020
  3. BSOD - "DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" and "UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION"

I'm getting frequent bsods. These two are the latest:

"DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" and "UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION"

I've done a clean install of windows 10 (May 2019 update). Sometimes windows just hangs and there is not bsod or error message. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

lightship231, Apr 22, 2020
  4. BSOD on startup with Message DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL.

BSOD on startup, error Driver_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (storahci.sys)

Hi, I am having BSOD issues with my computer on startup: below is my zip file attachment:

Attachment 32190

I recently made a few changes to my (previously stable computer). They were the following:

• Installing an extra 4GB of RAM (for a total of 8GB)
    • Replacing my previous hard drive with an SSD (a Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB)
    • Installing a fresh copy of Windows 7 and then upgrading to Windows 10

However, once these changes had been completed I would previously receive about 3-4 BSoDs daily, sometimes on startup and sometimes at a seemingly random point while using the computer.

I tried a variety of things to fix the problem (including running Memtest to check my new RAM was ok). I eventually thought I had solved the issue - my motherboard (an ASUS M4A78LT-M) had the SATA port configured where the SSD was to be in IDE-mode, rather than AHCI (which was the setting recommended by the Samsung Magician SSD software). I changed this setting, resulting in a crash as I don't think the correct AHCI drivers were installed. I eventually got the drivers by reinstalling windows, and everything seemed to be working fine (about 2 days without a single crash) until this morning, where I received a BSoD with the error 'Driver_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (storahci.sys)'. The upon reboot this error occurred again, and the third time windows did some 'repairing' and started ok.

(Here is the below view of the samsung magician software for reference. I am aware the drive is not plugged into the optimal port, but this is all my Motherboard has).
    Attachment 32193

This crash on startup suggests the issue wasn't as fixed as I hoped it had been. I still haven't received any BSoD while using my PC (which when I did would usually have the error 'UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION') but I will post an update if this does happen.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Let me know if you want any more info, this is my first time posting on this forum so sorry if I forget to include anything!

petrolstatus4, Apr 22, 2020
Thema:

BSOD on startup with Message DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL.

1. BSOD on startup with Message DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. - Similar Threads - BSOD startup Message

2. Driver_irql_not_less_or_equal error message

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Driver_irql_not_less_or_equal error message: There have been several issues with my laptop Lenovo Yoga Slim 7 Pro Windows 11 over the past month:It began with getting the 'Driver_irql_not_less_or_equal' error message one day Half the screen would be displaying the error message and half the screen would be static - the...
  3. Driver_irql_not_less_or_equal error message

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Driver_irql_not_less_or_equal error message: There have been several issues with my laptop Lenovo Yoga Slim 7 Pro Windows 11 over the past month:It began with getting the 'Driver_irql_not_less_or_equal' error message one day Half the screen would be displaying the error message and half the screen would be static - the...
  4. BSOD DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL: Hello, I get a blue screen on my Windows 10 PC at irregular intervals. The information about the PC and the bluescreen minidump I have stored here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/aw8uhbe7aln1i53/110520-11375-01.zip?dl=1 I have already followed many guidelines, but unfortunately...
  5. BSOD - DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD - DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL: Hi, I've been having frequent blue screen issues on my laptop, often enough that I can't complete any work. The stop code is sometimes SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED and with "What failed: Wdf0100.sys". Sometimes, the stop code is DEVICE_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL with no...
  6. BSOD Driver_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

BSOD Driver_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL: Hello guys. I purchased a computer about a month and half ago from a reputable website here in the Czech Republic. Info from DXDIAG Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit 10.0, Build 18363 18362.19h1_release.190318-1202 Language: English Regional Setting:...
  7. Bsod - driver_irql_not_less_or_equal

Bsod - driver_irql_not_less_or_equal: Hi, not long after installing two more RAM sticks to my motherboard, for a total of three sticks with 24GB, I started having this problem. Thinking that maybe this was the problem I ran memtest86 for about 5 hours without it throwing any errors at all. I'm not sure what to...
  8. BSOD - DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

BSOD - DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL: Hi there, Can anyone help in identifying the cause of this BSOD? WhoCrashed Mini Dump File -https://upload.cat/72d9e88490fa6a91 Wndows Event Log - https://upload.cat/0f9a1af622e28a05 WhoCrashed: On Wed 30/10/2019 21:43:56 your computer crashed or a problem was...
  9. Bsod DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Bsod DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL: 112218-50437-01.dmp 22.11.2018 19:35:33 DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL 0x000000d1 00000000`c8b3ed80 00000000`00000002 00000000`00000000 fffff802`5accb5aa dxgmms1.sys dxgmms1.sys+b5aa DirectX Graphics MMS Microsoft® Windows® Operating Systen Microsoft Corporation...
  10. BSOD on startup, error Driver_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (storahci.sys)

BSOD on startup, error Driver_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (storahci.sys): Hi, I am having BSOD issues with my computer on startup: below is my zip file attachment: Attachment 32190 I recently made a few changes to my (previously stable computer). They were the following: Installing an extra 4GB of RAM (for a total of 8GB) Replacing my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. wdf0100 netr28x