Windows 10: BSoD on startup

Discus and support BSoD on startup in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I'm in a bit of a pickle Whenever I start my desktop I get BSoD and because this is been going on for a little bit, takes me straight to the auto... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Andrew_Mun, Jun 10, 2019.

1. BSoD on startup

I'm in a bit of a pickle

Whenever I start my desktop I get BSoD and because this is been going on for a little bit, takes me straight to the auto repair tool.

The error message I get is "D\windows\system32\logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt"

My windows partition is on my C drive, and it's an SSD. The D drive on the other hand HDD.

I have already tried what Michelle Vil said in this thread

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance-winpc/dwindowssystem32logfilessrtsrttrailtxt-windows-10/62386946-c48b-4079-915a-f53c6e28ee1a?page=7

With the "bootrec.exe /fixboot" is entered, I get the following statement saying "Access is denied

Im stuck and have no idea what to to. Read most of the comments to that thread aswell, but nothing seemed to work.

:)

Andrew_Mun, Jun 10, 2019
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Jun 10, 2019
  3. Nvlddmkm.sys BSOD on startup?

The problem is the laptop (specs in signature) not rig in system specs.

Sometimes when I switch it on, Vista loads normally.
    Other times, just after the horizontal 'loading' bars and before the Vista orb appears, I get a BSOD of Nvlddmkm.sys or Nvlddmkm.dll then the laptop reboots, BSOD's, reboots... it can happen like 5 times!

I've been googling all morning but apparently there's no solution to this?

It does the BSOD only during startup. Once Vista loads, it never BSODs not even during a game.

Black Panther, Jun 10, 2019
  4. axe0 Win User

BSoD on startup

BAD_POOL_HEADER BSOD, Dump File attached

Hi Groggubus,

Welcome to the 10forums BSoD on startup :)

Please remove / disable items from the startup in taskmanager
    These programs could interfere with the boot process giving you trouble and increase the boot time.

Daemon tools, Alcohol 120% and Power Archiver Pro uses SCSI Pass Through Direct (SPTD), which is a well known cause for BSOD's.
    Please remove Daemon Tools and run the SPTD pass through remover.

1. Uninstall Daemon Tools
    2. Download the SPTD standalone installer and follow these steps:
      • Double click the executable to open it
      • Click on the button shown below

BSoD on startup [​IMG]

If the button is grayed out, like in the image, there is no more SPTD installation on your system, and you can close the window

Please follow this suggestion for the BSOD
    1. Please open BitDefender and go to the modules,
    2. Go to the firewall settings,
    3. Uncheck 'Block port scans in the network',
    4. Reboot your system <-- IMPORTANT

Thema:

BSoD on startup

1. BSoD on startup - Similar Threads - BSoD startup

2. Sudden BSOD on every startup PC is 2 year old - DPC watchdog violation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sudden BSOD on every startup PC is 2 year old - DPC watchdog violation: Hello, I am getting bsod suddenly after approximately 2 years of using my computer, the error code is DPC_Watchdog_Violation, this happens on startup before I even see my desktop screen and the only way to log in os in safe mode. Can you help me find the root cause and solve...
  3. Sudden BSOD on every startup PC is 2 year old - DPC watchdog violation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sudden BSOD on every startup PC is 2 year old - DPC watchdog violation: Hello, I am getting bsod suddenly after approximately 2 years of using my computer, the error code is DPC_Watchdog_Violation, this happens on startup before I even see my desktop screen and the only way to log in os in safe mode. Can you help me find the root cause and solve...
  4. Constant BSOD at startup after recent Win11Pro update, related to GameInput Service

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Constant BSOD at startup after recent Win11Pro update, related to GameInput Service: Hello, since updating to the newest version of Windows 11 Pro I've had problems with starting my system. Notably it crashes with a BSOD like 2-3 times at startup and it's a gamble whether it will progress normally or not. It works fine for about 10 seconds and then it...
  5. Constant BSOD at startup after recent Win11Pro update, related to GameInput Service

Constant BSOD at startup after recent Win11Pro update, related to GameInput Service: Hello, since updating to the newest version of Windows 11 Pro I've had problems with starting my system. Notably it crashes with a BSOD like 2-3 times at startup and it's a gamble whether it will progress normally or not. It works fine for about 10 seconds and then it...
  6. First PC build, BSOD on startup with GPU, DRIVER_VERIFIER_DMA_VIOLATION

in Windows 10 Gaming
    First PC build, BSOD on startup with GPU, DRIVER_VERIFIER_DMA_VIOLATION: Today I finished my first custom PC build! All parts are brand new except for RAM.Specifications:Motherboard: Asus Prime B760M-A WIFI D4CPU: i5 12600kGPU: Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7700 XTRAM: Kingston Fury 16 GB, running at 2400 MT/s advertised at 3600 :/SSD: Kioxia Exceria...
  7. First PC build, BSOD on startup with GPU, DRIVER_VERIFIER_DMA_VIOLATION

First PC build, BSOD on startup with GPU, DRIVER_VERIFIER_DMA_VIOLATION: Today I finished my first custom PC build! All parts are brand new except for RAM.Specifications:Motherboard: Asus Prime B760M-A WIFI D4CPU: i5 12600kGPU: Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7700 XTRAM: Kingston Fury 16 GB, running at 2400 MT/s advertised at 3600 :/SSD: Kioxia Exceria...
  8. Repeated ntoskrnl.exe BSOD on startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Repeated ntoskrnl.exe BSOD on startup: Started having daily BSODs on bootup with my Lenovo Legion 7 about a month ago. I've updated Windows, the BIOS, run dskchk, MemTest86, checked for Malware, stripped the drivers from the GPU and re-installed them, re-installed AMD Adrenaline. I've done everything I can think...
  9. Repeated ntoskrnl.exe BSOD on startup

Repeated ntoskrnl.exe BSOD on startup: Started having daily BSODs on bootup with my Lenovo Legion 7 about a month ago. I've updated Windows, the BIOS, run dskchk, MemTest86, checked for Malware, stripped the drivers from the GPU and re-installed them, re-installed AMD Adrenaline. I've done everything I can think...
  10. BSOD on Startup

BSOD on Startup: Hi all,Everytime I start up my laptop I get BSOD. I would need to force shut down, start it up again and it works okay.Stopcode: System Thread Exception Not HandledWhat failed: RTKVHD64.sysAny recommended solutions? The ones I found online are more than a year old, so I...