Windows 10: BSOD on waking up from suspended state

Discus and support BSOD on waking up from suspended state in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello. On a new PC with Window 11 I sometimes get a BSOD on waking up from suspended state, with a message about DCP Watchdog violation, the PC then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Francisco Madeira, May 26, 2023.

1. BSOD on waking up from suspended state

Hello. On a new PC with Window 11 I sometimes get a BSOD on waking up from suspended state, with a message about DCP Watchdog violation, the PC then proceed to start normally. Any clues ? Thanks!

:)

Francisco Madeira, May 26, 2023

2. BSOD due to netadaptercx.sys after waking the PC from Sleep

Hi Prakhar,

The steps you suggested did not solve the problem. I am still experiencing the BSOD when waking the computer from sleep. If you have an other suggestions they'd be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Chris

ChrisBarber2, May 26, 2023
  3. BSoD when waking from sleep

I'm getting a BSoD with message "Unexpected kernel mode trap"
    immediately every time I wake my Win 10 machine from
    sleep. This started occasionally happening after a Win 10 update that occurred prior to the big April 2018 update. After the April 2018 update, it happens
    every time I wake my machine from sleep. It does not happen at any other times, and did not happen prior to the mentioned updates. Coincidence?

Important details:

No problems booting from a fully shut down state.

No problems restarting the system from within Windows 10.

No problems
    waking the system from sleep IF (and only if) the system was put to sleep
    from the Windows 10 log in screen before I log in.

But putting the system to sleep from the Windows 10 power control button accessed from the Start button
    on the Win 10 desktop reliably sets me up for the BSoD when I click or press a key to wake the machine up.

The BSoD occurs almost instantly
    when the wake up process starts. The displayed error message is always the same.

My machine is an old custom build with an Award BIOS designed in 2010. The BIOS is set to use the S3 suspend state, and to wake on USB keyboard or mouse action.

No errors are reported on the HDD, or from the Win memory test. (But the rear sound out port is also not working.)

All my drivers except for the sound system have been updated, and Win 10 is fully updated.

What to do next?

KentonMachina, May 26, 2023
  4. DaleDarin Win User

BSOD on waking up from suspended state

WIndows 10 will not wake up from sleep or hibernation

I am running windows 10 19041.388 on an HP All in One PC and cannot get it to wake up from sleep. I have done the following:

1. Allow mouse and keyboard to allow device to wake up computer.
    2. Updated drivers
    3. Turn off fast start up
    4. Re-enable Hibernation via Command Prompt
    5. USB Selective Suspend Setting - Disabled
    I have tried the above steps using both a wired HP mouse and a wireless Jelley Comb mouse

DaleDarin, May 26, 2023
Thema:

BSOD on waking up from suspended state

1. BSOD on waking up from suspended state - Similar Threads - BSOD waking suspended

2. BSOD upon waking up from Hibernate

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD upon waking up from Hibernate: My Lenovo Flex 5 gen 7 running on Windows 11 has been experiencing BSOD with stopcode: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE most if not every time I woke the laptop up from Hibernate. As I got the laptop new it did not face any problem with hibernate provided that it went from sleep...
  3. BSOD upon waking up from Hibernate

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD upon waking up from Hibernate: My Lenovo Flex 5 gen 7 running on Windows 11 has been experiencing BSOD with stopcode: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE most if not every time I woke the laptop up from Hibernate. As I got the laptop new it did not face any problem with hibernate provided that it went from sleep...
  4. BSOD on waking up from suspended state

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD on waking up from suspended state: Hello. On a new PC with Window 11 I sometimes get a BSOD on waking up from suspended state, with a message about DCP Watchdog violation, the PC then proceed to start normally. Any clues ? Thanks!...
  5. Wake up from Sleep state

in Windows 10 Support
    Wake up from Sleep state: I have a annoying issue: my PC (Win10 64 bit, version 1909, - desktop HP) [img] is wake up from Sleep mode randomly, without any apparent user intervention. Of course, I checked in my command line powercfg -devicequery wake_armed, and as response I got NONE. However, my...
  6. BSOD when waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD when waking up from sleep: Hello all, Last few weeks, I have been getting BSOD when waking my PC up from sleep in the morning. I do telework bc of the pandemic and when I wake up the PC, it shows blue screen. Sometimes it shows an error code and sometimes it doesn't. I have attached the LOG files as...
  7. BSOD on wake up from sleep

BSOD on wake up from sleep: After a recent update, On wake up I am told that "attempted to write to read only memory" I have looked at the debug file and it says that a driver is at fault. How do I identify it and how do I replace it and from where? 87589
  8. BSOD when waking up from sleep

BSOD when waking up from sleep: So, I was having this problem for awhile now and the BSOD when waking up was "kernel_data_inpage_error" but kept freezing on 0% to create minidumps, I was unable to get those. Today was a different error "CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED" and was able to get one minidump from it. I...
  9. attempted execute of no execute memory BSOD after waking from Suspend

attempted execute of no execute memory BSOD after waking from Suspend: Hello everyone. I've installed Windows 10 in my computer yesterday just to find out that suspending is not working, as I wake my computer I receive this error on BSOD attempted execute of no execute memory Tried updating VGA/LAN/Motherboard drivers but the problem...
  10. Problems waking from sleep state

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Problems waking from sleep state: Fresh install of Windows 10 Pro x64 has an issue waking from sleep. Moving mouse/pressing keyboard wakes the computer, and once desktop displays, the mouse and keyboard does not function and ethernet has red X. Mouse is wireless (USB transceiver) and switching USB ports will...