Windows 10: BSOD ON WIN 10 Help Please!

Discus and support BSOD ON WIN 10 Help Please! in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi axe0, I have had Two more Crashes tonight, I was downloading files on both occasions- Bitdefender Anti Virus 2015 Minidumps attached, does this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Yugmot, Feb 17, 2016.

1. Yugmot Win User

BSOD ON WIN 10 Help Please!

Hi axe0,
    I have had Two more Crashes tonight, I was downloading files on both occasions- Bitdefender Anti Virus 2015
    Minidumps attached, does this show any hardware failures, my machine is getting on a bit.
    Hope I am not a pain to you*Redface

Steve

Yugmot, Feb 29, 2016
  2. axe0 New Member

Both are 0x116 what mean that the graphics drivers failed to respond, the drivers could use some updating.
    Please uninstall everything of Nvidia using Display Driver Uninstaller and install new drivers from Nvidia. Be sure the clean install box is checked and only install the Graphics driver and the PhysX driver.
    Attachment 67117
    Code: 0: kd> lmvm nvlddmkm start end module name fffff801`04eb0000 fffff801`05b49000 nvlddmkm T (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: nvlddmkm.sys Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\nvlddmkm.sys Image name: nvlddmkm.sys Timestamp: Mon Jun 29 21:13:29 2015 (559198D9) CheckSum: 00C4F3E2 ImageSize: 00C99000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote]

3. Yugmot Win User
    Hi axe0,

I did follow your instructions to the letter and reinstall latest driver from Nvidia. All in Safe Mode.
    I have now done the same again as you suggest.
    After using the uninstall tool, I searched my PC and found lots of other Old Nvidia Files still on PC
    I have Revo Uninstaller Pro so I unintalled all these files with this program to rid them from my PC.
    I have now reinstalled the 2 Nvidia Drivers , Graphis and Physics with Clean Install checked once again in Safe Mode.
    This may well have sorted the Problem.
    I really appreciate your quick replies and Help.....THANK- YOU *Wink
    Will see how it all goes in the next few days.

Steve

Yugmot, Feb 29, 2016
  4. rammoammo Win User

Hey guys, I have the same problem as Yugmot has. I cant get pass the boot and its a infinite loop. I also cannot goto safe boot or safe mode, any boot/restarting fails. My pc does not have a battery where I can easily pluck off. Safe boot in advanced options fails. Restarting fails. The commands I have tried but still fails. I have not yet tried the usb boot and hope to but I need immense guidance in doing so. I have a friend who is willing to install a tool to help repair my windows. Please reply. Thank you!

rammoammo, Mar 1, 2016
  5. axe0 New Member
    Hi @rammoammo,

Please give more details about your system (specifications), what commands you've tried and how you tried them.
    Although when you can't even boot into safe mode it means you have hardware problems, providing the system specs would be appreciated for troubleshooting.

6. rammoammo Win User
    The commands i tried were
    sfc /SNANNOW
    bootrec /fixMBR
    bootrec.exe
    bootrec /fixBoot
    bootrec /rebuildBCD
    My system information i am not really sure of since i cannot access them but i do know that i run a 64-bit Windows 10. I ahve a dell Inpairon 15 has a good intel card. I recently downloaded a program called blender. I was using blender and running Minecraft when minecraft became unresponsive and it crashed, which then lead to my pc shutting off. Could this be the reason? I also was in the middle of changing some Windows 10 settings and deleted %TEMP% files and prefetch files. Could this also be why? I was in the middle of "Optimizing my Windows 10 pc", i just wanted more and better gaming/power using performanc, can that be why? One option i haven't tried is the usb stick method, i just hope it is a success. But i doubt it. I've tried it all, restore, reset, cmd.exe, restart, manual reboot, battery. Please reply soon. Thank you so much.

rammoammo, Mar 1, 2016
  7. axe0 New Member
    I said already
    This answers your questions.

BSOD ON WIN 10 Help Please! [​IMG]
    Diagnostics Test
    HDD TEST

Run SeaTools to check the integrity of your HDD. SeaTools for DOS and Windows - How to Use - Windows 7 Help Forums
    Run following tests
    • Short Drive Self Test
    • Short generic
    • Long generic
    If the short generic fails, no need for the long generic.

Note Do not run SeaTools on an SSD as the results will be invalid.

Run chkdsk
    Disk Check - Windows 7 Help Forums

Diagnostic Test
    RAM TEST

Run MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums

Note

MemTest86+ needs to be run for at least 8 complete passes for conclusive results. Set it running before you go to bed and leave it overnight. We're looking for zero errors here. Even a single error will indicate RAM failure.

8. rammoammo Win User

Run SeaTools to check the integrity of your HDD. SeaTools for DOS and Windows - How to Use - Windows 7 Help Forums
    Run following tests
    • Short Drive Self Test
    • Short generic
    • Long generic
    If the short generic fails, no need for the long generic.

Note Do not run SeaTools on an SSD as the results will be invalid.

Run chkdsk
    Disk Check - Windows 7 Help Forums

Diagnostic Test
    RAM TEST

Run MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums

Note

MemTest86+ needs to be run for at least 8 complete passes for conclusive results. Set it running before you go to bed and leave it overnight. We're looking for zero errors here. Even a single error will indicate RAM failure. I know you are trying to assist me in this, but im not really sure what i'm supposed to do now? Can you help me? What system specs do you require?

rammoammo, Mar 1, 2016
  9. axe0 New Member
    The tests I've suggested are tests that run outside Windows, you need to have a bootable USB where you can download these tests on and boot from. You only need to say that you want to boot from the USB in the boot options, do NOT change the boot order in the BIOS as that'll give problems when you remove the USB.

MemTets86+ should run automatically.

10. rammoammo Win User
    Thank you for those downloads, but currently i am using Media Creation Tool from Brink's thread. The problem is that i plugged in my USB in the port and i have navigated from the "*Sad Sorry Windows....." screen to the Automatic Repair. I have selected advanced options>Use a device>UEFI OS and all it did was restart my pc and return to the "*Sad" screen. The error is "BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO."

rammoammo, Mar 1, 2016
  11. axe0 New Member
    Because you can't get into safe mode you are having hardware problems.
    You won't be able to install anything or boot normal unless the component that gives the problem is traced down and replaced.

Please try to run the tests I suggested a.s.a.p.

12. rammoammo Win User
    Yes sir. Ok but are these applications supposed to be saved onto my USB? And do i run all of them or just one?
    chkdsk /f is a cmd.exe command?

rammoammo, Mar 1, 2016
  13. axe0 New Member

SeaTools is free as is MemTest86+

You can run them on disk or USB.

Yes, chkdsk are command prompts commmands.

14. rammoammo Win User
    So i run all these
    first the command then the programs?
    And how do i navigate to run these applications while im in this BSoD

Ok i have the memtest86 extracted and SeaTool program ready. Now do i leave it there or do i run it on this (my friend's) pc?

rammoammo, Mar 2, 2016
  15. axe0 New Member
    You run those programs on the system that can't boot to Windows.

I understand you do not really know what to do?

Thema:

1. BSOD ON WIN 10 Help Please! - Similar Threads - BSOD Help Please

2. BSOD please HELP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD please HELP: i got BSOD randomly and that's the bug check please i need help ******************************************************************************* ** Bugcheck Analysis **...
  3. BSOD please HELP

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD please HELP: i got BSOD randomly and that's the bug check please i need help ******************************************************************************* ** Bugcheck Analysis **...
  4. please help 0x80780119 on win 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    please help 0x80780119 on win 10: Hi from ireland, I know everyone here work hard on their free time to help people and well done. I am in need of help with what seems to be a popular problem, every time i do a create a system image it fails with not enough space on my external ssd which has 236GB free. What...
  5. BSOD Win 10 minidump uploaded, please help

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD Win 10 minidump uploaded, please help: Hi, I am having randomly BSOD. Sometimes when working sometimes when the PC is idle. Would appreciate any help. I ve uploaded minidump file here, since I read that this might help finding the issue....
  6. BSOD win 10 VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (116) need help please

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD win 10 VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (116) need help please: Windows 10 crashes randomly :/ VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (116) Any ideas how to fix this are highly appreciated!! -------------------------------------------------------------------- WinDbg report -------------------------------------------------------------------- Microsoft (R)...
  7. BSOD help win 10 please

BSOD help win 10 please: Been struggling for the last month trying to diagnose what specifically is causing the crash. Always the same symptom....OS will freeze for about 30 seconds then BSOD after kernel timeout. Happens most day's so any crash logs from 11/20-12/2 (today) should accurately reflect...
  8. BSOD win 10 HELP please?

BSOD win 10 HELP please?: Im getting regular Bseod - and desperately need some assistance. please provide next steps? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod-win-10-help-please/052944f9-b983-4992-b03f-72081f68f383
  9. BSOD Win 10 Help

BSOD Win 10 Help: Hey i got BSOD sometime and other time PC Just Close and Reopen by it self . Thx to Help me to fix that (sorry for me English i am a French guy ) 38926
  10. Bsod help please

Bsod help please: Hey all getting bsod on windows 10 tech preview here is my debug info Attachment 12754 help much appreciated. I have run mem test overnight no ram errors. cheers Just a bit more info the error bcc is 0xc000021a and the cause is "ntoskrnl.exe" address...