Windows 10: BSOD ON WIN 10 Help Please!

Discus and support BSOD ON WIN 10 Help Please! in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I installed the latest Nvidia Driver 341.92 driver from Nvidia. I did notice Windows Update has three failed driver installations, which I know I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Yugmot, Feb 17, 2016.

1. Yugmot Win User

BSOD ON WIN 10 Help Please!

I installed the latest Nvidia Driver 341.92 driver from Nvidia.
    I did notice Windows Update has three failed driver installations, which I know I don'twant!
    Steve

Yugmot, Mar 27, 2016
  2. axe0 New Member

In control panel go to system, in the left side of the screen click 'System protection', choose 'Hardware' in the popup and click 'Device installation settings', choose 'No (your device might not work as expected)' and click 'Save changes'
    Also follow the tutorial for hiding updates: Windows Updates - Hide or Show in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums
    Attachment 71873
    Attachment 71874
    Attachment 71875

3. Yugmot Win User
    Hi axe0,

I have completed all you have suggested turned off Update from installing unwanted drivers.
    Uninstalled graphic driver using tools you suggested earlier.
    Went back to Nvidia and Hooray they have updated to Version 341.95 maybe 341.94 was not too clever!
    Have installed this driver 341.95 in Safe Mode.
    Here is a screen shot of my Device Manager showing driver installed.
    I will see how it goes.
    Thanks again for all your help.
    Steve

Attachment 71978

Yugmot, Mar 27, 2016
  4. Yugmot Win User

Hi axe0,

I think you have sorted my problem, system stable for the last few days, however I did find something out you will be keen to know about.
    Turning OFF Windows Update as you suggested does not work in Win10 Home Premium only in Pro Version.
    This why the driver was being continually loaded against our wishes.
    You can fool Udates in Home edition by removing Internet cable and going WiFi, then Setting your network connection to 'Metered',

Stop Windows 10 from automatically downloading the Updates. You can do it as follows – Settings app > Network & Internet > WiFi > Advanced options. Move slider to On position for Set as metered connection.

The Nvidia 341.92 driver I had is not a good one.
    I am now using 341.95 and Windows cannot update it!
    I will keep tabs for a couple of weeks or so then mark Thread as Solved, Fingers Crossed.

Thanks for all you help.

Steve

Yugmot, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD ON WIN 10 Help Please! - Similar Threads - BSOD Help Please

2. BSOD please HELP

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD please HELP: i got BSOD randomly and that's the bug check please i need help ******************************************************************************* ** Bugcheck Analysis **...
  3. please help 0x80780119 on win 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    please help 0x80780119 on win 10: Hi from ireland, I know everyone here work hard on their free time to help people and well done. I am in need of help with what seems to be a popular problem, every time i do a create a system image it fails with not enough space on my external ssd which has 236GB free. What...
  4. BSOD Win 10 minidump uploaded, please help

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD Win 10 minidump uploaded, please help: Hi, I am having randomly BSOD. Sometimes when working sometimes when the PC is idle. Would appreciate any help. I ve uploaded minidump file here, since I read that this might help finding the issue....
  5. BSOD win 10 VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (116) need help please

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD win 10 VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (116) need help please: Windows 10 crashes randomly :/ VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (116) Any ideas how to fix this are highly appreciated!! -------------------------------------------------------------------- WinDbg report -------------------------------------------------------------------- Microsoft (R)...
  6. BSOD help win 10 please

BSOD help win 10 please: Been struggling for the last month trying to diagnose what specifically is causing the crash. Always the same symptom....OS will freeze for about 30 seconds then BSOD after kernel timeout. Happens most day's so any crash logs from 11/20-12/2 (today) should accurately reflect...
  7. BSOD win 10 HELP please?

BSOD win 10 HELP please?: Im getting regular Bseod - and desperately need some assistance. please provide next steps? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod-win-10-help-please/052944f9-b983-4992-b03f-72081f68f383
  8. BSOD Win 10 Help

BSOD Win 10 Help: Hey i got BSOD sometime and other time PC Just Close and Reopen by it self . Thx to Help me to fix that (sorry for me English i am a French guy ) 38926
  9. Bsod help please

Bsod help please: Hey all getting bsod on windows 10 tech preview here is my debug info Attachment 12754 help much appreciated. I have run mem test overnight no ram errors. cheers Just a bit more info the error bcc is 0xc000021a and the cause is "ntoskrnl.exe" address...
  10. Windows 10 BSOD please help

Windows 10 BSOD please help: Can you please check the dump files and tell what is wrong? The erro that i get is : "page_fault_in_nonpaged_area" Dell xps 13 /9343 Best Regards Attachment 46051Attachment 46052 28555