Windows 10: BSOD on Win 11 after update

Discus and support BSOD on Win 11 after update in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Everything was operating normally on my surface pro 7 win with 11, until I did the update that came in 01/12/22. It rebooted into the BSOD with a Kmode... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Richard.Hughes, Jan 14, 2022.

1. BSOD on Win 11 after update

Everything was operating normally on my surface pro 7 win with 11, until I did the update that came in 01/12/22. It rebooted into the BSOD with a Kmode error. I ran through everything I could think of starting with the power / volume up key reset to going through every option on the advanced menu to try and get into the windows program. Nothing worked. So I used a usb drive that had the windows iso on it. and reloaded windows.It worked until it got to the updates for last Tuesday.. Yea I should have stopped it but I forgot to turn off the updates. Kill me now... Well, the same thing happened

:)

Richard.Hughes, Jan 14, 2022
  2. YoDaddy-O Win User

Win 10 BSOD while using

Did upgrade to Win 10 over a month ago. This morning my Lenovo T410 laptop had the BSOD with Error=0xc000000f on it (it does backups overnight). I've run diags on the hardware (mem, motherboard bus, PCI bus and HDD) all PASS. Tried using my repair disk
    (built in Jan with Win7) and was unable to recover. I checked for bad sectors and found none. From CMD prompt I did DISKPART and LIST VOLUME and all volumes say HEALTHY but I see that my C: drive (primary partition) says it is RAW (instead of NTFS). My backup
    media is a network attached (NAS) disk and I used Cobian 11 Backup. Not sure what my next step would be. Looking for suggestions before I have to restore to Win7 and re-upgrade, etc.

YoDaddy-O, Jan 14, 2022
  3. alexsubri Win User
    BSOD- atikmpag.sys

This is most likely due to an installation/upgrade error with ATI driver's. I suggest doing DriveSweeper and the following:
    • Drivesweeper all drivers & in Safe Mode
    • Unistall all drivers that aren't used in DriveSweeper (CCC Profiler Updates, MSI AfterBurner, anything related to ATI that use's it's drivers.)
    • After you do this, the first thing you need to do is go into Device Manager and Unistall your ATI Drivers
    BSOD on Win 11 after update [​IMG]

Once your done, restart the PC and then try installing the latest drivers.

I had several issues with this in the past, but I overcame it with logical reasoning and whenever I have a driver issue, I just use these steps and I always overcome the problem.

Best of luck! *Toast :toast:

alexsubri, Jan 14, 2022
  4. CrashA Win User

BSOD on Win 11 after update

FlashPlayer not updateable Win 10 IE 11

WIn 10 I understand that flash player is embedded in edge, and not getting updated there either. I am using ie 11 and trying to get it updated and not loaded there either based on uninstall programs list.. My guess is to just download and install the 64
    bit version but don't want to cause a conflict or additional errors so before proceed any suggestions ??

I see posts on this but for win 8, mine is 10 after the upgrade.

Yes the anti virus is turned on to notify updates and windows is set to automatic updates.

My adobe flash update area is greyed it shows:

BSOD on Win 11 after update 8088750b-158d-461e-8034-fd2b1ad74f06.jpg

Then when check for version in ctrl panel, flash is not listed the desktop icon shows :

BSOD on Win 11 after update a9fa219e-54d4-4a45-b1e8-88d036adf232.jpg

and it shows 32 bit and I am 64 bit.....

Bout ready to uninstall and install flash and adobe ready again ?? or another suggestion ?? or workaround ??

CrashA, Jan 14, 2022
Thema:

BSOD on Win 11 after update

1. BSOD on Win 11 after update - Similar Threads - BSOD update

2. Laptop always BSODs when trying to update. Stuck on Windows 1709

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop always BSODs when trying to update. Stuck on Windows 1709: Hi all. I've had this Lenovo Yoga 720 15" laptop since 2017 and have done countless hours and methods of troubleshooting to try and get this thing to update, but it always BSODs for 90% of the Windows updates. Thus, I seem to be permanently stuck on version 1709. I think it...
  3. Laptop always BSODs when trying to update. Stuck on Windows 1709

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop always BSODs when trying to update. Stuck on Windows 1709: Hi all. I've had this Lenovo Yoga 720 15" laptop since 2017 and have done countless hours and methods of troubleshooting to try and get this thing to update, but it always BSODs for 90% of the Windows updates. Thus, I seem to be permanently stuck on version 1709. I think it...
  4. Laptop always BSODs when trying to update. Stuck on Windows 1709

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Been having random restart and BSOD after updating Windows KB5035853

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Been having random restart and BSOD after updating Windows KB5035853: Hi, I've been experiencing several random restarts when the machine is asleep and random BSODs after updating.The event viewers show the following error IDs:volmgr 161volmgr 162Is the error software or hardware-related?...
  6. Been having random restart and BSOD after updating Windows KB5035853

Been having random restart and BSOD after updating Windows KB5035853: Hi, I've been experiencing several random restarts when the machine is asleep and random BSODs after updating.The event viewers show the following error IDs:volmgr 161volmgr 162Is the error software or hardware-related?...
  7. bsod after drivers update 0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFF8057AD41A71, 0xFFFFF48CBE90E9E8,...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    bsod after drivers update 0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFF8057AD41A71, 0xFFFFF48CBE90E9E8,...: hi! i have bsod every time i update drivers of my gpu nv gtx960m from any source oficial nvidia site, geforce expirience, windows driver updater... ive tried 5-6 times and one of them even ended up with the impossobility of restoring recovery point, i had to reinstall...
  8. Constant BSOD at startup after recent Win11Pro update, related to GameInput Service

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Constant BSOD at startup after recent Win11Pro update, related to GameInput Service: Hello, since updating to the newest version of Windows 11 Pro I've had problems with starting my system. Notably it crashes with a BSOD like 2-3 times at startup and it's a gamble whether it will progress normally or not. It works fine for about 10 seconds and then it...
  9. Constant BSOD at startup after recent Win11Pro update, related to GameInput Service

Constant BSOD at startup after recent Win11Pro update, related to GameInput Service: Hello, since updating to the newest version of Windows 11 Pro I've had problems with starting my system. Notably it crashes with a BSOD like 2-3 times at startup and it's a gamble whether it will progress normally or not. It works fine for about 10 seconds and then it...
  10. BSOD when deleting files trying to update drivers or freshly reinstall windows + windows...

BSOD when deleting files trying to update drivers or freshly reinstall windows + windows...: Been using my pc for about 3 months just fine then I installed valorant and the Antichrist started crashing after I had to turn secure boot on to play the game and over time the crashes have gotten worse to the point I can barely use the pc the error codes are “ATTEMPTED...