Windows 10: BSOD on Win10 installation

Discus and support BSOD on Win10 installation in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I built a new PC, and I'm having issues getting Windows 10 installed. It goes like this: PC Boots and loads through BIOS fine with no issues PC... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MH65, Dec 31, 2018.

1. MH65 Win User

BSOD on Win10 installation

Hi, I built a new PC, and I'm having issues getting Windows 10 installed. It goes like this:

• PC Boots and loads through BIOS fine with no issues
    • PC boots to a USB with windows 10 installation media and loads winPE fine
    • I can usually make it through partitioning the hard drive and begin installing windows 10, but always get a bluescreen at random times

The bluescreen stop code is WHEA_UNCORRECTIBLE_ERROR, which seems to usually mean bad drivers or RAM. It does seem to write out a dump file somewhere, but I've been unable to find it (there's no MEMORY.dmp or minidump folder on either the hard drive or USB) so I can't tell what the actual issue is here. Some of the things I've tried:

• Unplugging unnecessary devices from the motherboard (USB, CD-ROM, GPU, other hdd, case USBs/audio etc)
    • Ran windows 10 memory test (no issues)
    • Used working RAM from a working computer (no difference)
    • Used working spare hdd (no difference)
    • Reset BIOS to default
    • Verified BIOS version is current (3.10)
    • Switched boot from UEFI to Legacy (no difference, both seem to boot fine on installation media)
    • Installed windows 10 successfully on other PC, then moved to non-working PC

- This would boot and load windows fine, then bluescreen after about 2 minutes

- Same stopcode as winPE, but bluescreenview made it look like it was due to CPU mismatch, which makes sense

• Verified CPU isn't overheating using bios temps
    • Recreated installation media USB (with two other flash drives)

Motherboard: Asus B360 Pro4

CPU: i5 9600k

HDD: 1tb SU650 ADATA SSD (and tried with a 2tb barracuda hdd)

What else can I do to troubleshoot? Thanks!

:)

2. alexsubri Win User

BSOD- atikmpag.sys

This is most likely due to an installation/upgrade error with ATI driver's. I suggest doing DriveSweeper and the following:
    • Drivesweeper all drivers & in Safe Mode
    • Unistall all drivers that aren't used in DriveSweeper (CCC Profiler Updates, MSI AfterBurner, anything related to ATI that use's it's drivers.)
    • After you do this, the first thing you need to do is go into Device Manager and Unistall your ATI Drivers
    BSOD on Win10 installation [​IMG]

Once your done, restart the PC and then try installing the latest drivers.

I had several issues with this in the past, but I overcame it with logical reasoning and whenever I have a driver issue, I just use these steps and I always overcome the problem.

Best of luck! *Toast :toast:

alexsubri, Dec 31, 2018
  3. cplpro Win User
    7 different BSoD

Hey guys,

I have a serious problem. I make it as short as possible:

• system runs 100 % fine with the 10.12
    • updatet to Catalyst 11.1 -> BSoD
    • updatet to 11.1 Hotfix -> BSoD
    • rollback to 10.12 -> BSoD
    • removed ALL AMD files manually, installed 10.12 -> BSoD
    • Temps are fine
    • no sfc /scannow errors
    • no chkdsk errors
    • Prime, Furmark all fine
    • regardless what driver I install -> BSoD
    • I did no hw changes, no OC
    Here are my BSoDs I receive:
    • 0x0000010e
    • 0x1000007e
    • 0x0000007e
    • 0x0000004e
    • 0x0000003b
    • dxgmms1.sys
    • PFN_LIST_CORRUPT
    They all refer to the GPU of course ...

From now on I receive a BSoD every time I try to play a game (especially BC2 and SC II) even if I completely remove the old driver and make a clean install.
    Apparently the 11.1 damaged my system irreparable.

Any advice or info would be very much appreciated *Smile BSOD on Win10 installation :)

cplpro, Dec 31, 2018
  4. BSOD on Win10 installation

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Dec 31, 2018
Thema:

BSOD on Win10 installation

1. BSOD on Win10 installation - Similar Threads - BSOD Win10 installation

2. BSOD during Win10 Install on new build

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD during Win10 Install on new build: Hey there, I finished my new PC and am trying to use the media creation tool to install windows 10, however during the installation process usually early on after copying files I get a BSOD and my system restarts. I can get into the Bios and all my components are shown there....
  3. Several BSOD during Win10 installation

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Several BSOD during Win10 installation: Hello everyone, I'm sorry to bother you, but I really need urgent help. Some weeks ago, I had an issue with my pc and jumped back to an earlier installation, since then I started to receive blue screens, today I decided to make a clean, new windows10 install. Unfortunately I...
  4. Multiple BSODs on new PC/Win10 install

Multiple BSODs on new PC/Win10 install: In a span of 1 month: Stop code: KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE Stop code: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA on chrome stop code: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT Specs: B450m pro-vdh max R7 3700x RTX 2060 2x 16gb of 3200mhz Gskill Ram 1x 500gb m.2 nvme WDSN750 Black ssd 1x 480gb kingston...
  5. BSODs daily since installation of Win10

BSODs daily since installation of Win10: Ever since I installed Windows 10, in a newly built computer, I have been getting the same 5 or 6 BSoDs and crashes every time I start my machine. It starts with Kernel_Security_Failure, then Page_Fault, then something else, then something else. I've been dealing with this...
  6. BSOD on new Win10 install

BSOD on new Win10 install: I have been getting continuous BSODs after a clean install on windows 10. Mostly IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL or DRIVER_IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL but also some other kinds. I have tried installing all I think... the drivers, but am still having issues. I thought it might be a RAM...
  7. Various BSOD's on fresh installed win10

Various BSOD's on fresh installed win10: Hi, Laptop ASUS UX305FA Fresh installed system crashes every 10-15 mins with various BSODS, Please see attached dumps and logs. Thanks. 43048
  8. BSOD on new Win10 install

BSOD on new Win10 install: Hi, I was getting BSODs on a Win10 upgrade installation every time I run DOTA; sometimes it would take 2 minutes, sometimes it would take 10minutes. It would also rarely crash randomly when I left the PC on after web browsing. Pretty much it would crash every time I use it....
  9. BSOD off clean install of Win10

BSOD off clean install of Win10: After installing windows 10, I am unable to get past the option select screen for timezone/keyboard languages and such without a critical process failure/bsod. Often times I will not even get that far, and it will simply crash the moment it boots. I have already attempted...
  10. Random BSOD on Newly Installed Win10

Random BSOD on Newly Installed Win10: Hi, I recently just did a clean install of Windows 10 and I have gotten a few BSOD. Ive attached the minidumps as requested. Please help me out. Thanks in advance! 50835