Windows 10: BSOD on Windows 10 : 0xA, 0x7F, kernel issue ?

Discus and support BSOD on Windows 10 : 0xA, 0x7F, kernel issue ? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello I'm running Windows 10 on a computer with mostly very recent components bought them new on the 30th May. I did install Windows 10 on the SSD,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by KillianB, Jul 5, 2020.

1. KillianB Win User

BSOD on Windows 10 : 0xA, 0x7F, kernel issue ?

Hello

I'm running Windows 10 on a computer with mostly very recent components bought them new on the 30th May. I did install Windows 10 on the SSD, but i'm having lots of BSOD since day one. Usually it's 0xA IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL but also the last one was 0X7F UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP. ntoskrnl.exe often appear as the source of this issue. I did reinstall Windows 10, run chkdsk, run sfc scan, run memtest, etc, but I can't fix this. There's no overclocking on this computer, no overheating aswell. It crashes randomly, sometimes while i'm only web surfing, sometimes gaming. I ran WhoCrashed. Here's the specs and the last WhoCrashed report. The computer was not used for about a week so don't mind the date.

The components i bought very recently are those :

Ryzen 5 2600 under a Cooler Master Hyper 212 Black Edition
    Gigabyte GA-B450M-DS3H
    G.Skill Flare X 2*8 Go, 3200 Mhz
    Corsair Force MP510 240 Go NVMe SSD C:\ with windows 10 only

Those are older :

MSI GeForce GTX 1050
    Thermaltake 750w PSU

A WesternDigital 1To HDD not for windows, only DATA

WhoCrashed :

BSOD on Windows 10 : 0xA, 0x7F, kernel issue ? a1f1b57e-008c-4cb5-bd5a-bd27d20ddcc2?upload=true.png

Thanks a lot for the help, I've been working on this for weeks but can't find a solution.

Sorry for my english, it isn't my native language.

:)

KillianB, Jul 5, 2020

2. BSOD - Kernel Security Check Failure

Hi Ashton,

There's a lot of reason for booting in to a BSOD, like problems with the driver for your display adapter or the
    video output is being sent to an unexpected port. KERNEL SECURITY CHECK FAILURE error is usually caused by Memory or Driver incompatibility issues or corruption of system data.
    In order for us to efficiently assist you, we just have few questions for you:

• Were there any changes made to your computer prior to the issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Regards.

Darian Tab, Jul 5, 2020
  3. Paulieg Win User
    BSOD error messages, assumed to be from overclocking.

The Stop 0xA message indicates that a kernel-mode process or driver attempted to access a memory location to which it did not have permission, or at a kernel interrupt request level (IRQL) that was too high. A kernel-mode process can access only other processes that have an IRQL lower than, or equal to, its own. This Stop message is typically due to faulty or incompatible hardware or software.

Possible Resolutions:

A Stop 0xA message might occur after installing a faulty device driver, system service, or firmware. If a Stop message lists a driver by name, disable, remove, or roll back the driver to correct the problem. If disabling or removing drivers resolves the issues, contact the manufacturer about a possible update.

A Stop 0xA message might also be due to failing or defective hardware. If a Stop message points to a category of devices (video or disk adapters, for example), try removing or replacing the hardware to determine if it is causing the problem.

Paulieg, Jul 5, 2020
  4. Junaid_A Win User

Blue Screen - Unexpected Kernal mode trap

Hi Anne,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

This issue may occur when your computer lacks sufficient kernel space to process kernel-mode drivers

To have a better clarity on the issue and guide you accordingly, respond to the questions listed below.

1. What is the make and model of the PC?
    2. Were there any changes made on the computer prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, you may try the troubleshooting steps suggested in the articles listed below and check if it works:

1. Troubleshoot blue screen errors.
    2. Troubleshoot UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP
    3. Bug check: UNEXPECTED_ KERNEL_ MODE_ TRAP

Regards,

Junaid_A, Jul 5, 2020
Thema:

1. BSOD on Windows 10 : 0xA, 0x7F, kernel issue ? - Similar Threads - BSOD 0xA 0x7F

2. Constant BSODs. I believe the issues are in the Windows Kernel.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Constant BSODs. I believe the issues are in the Windows Kernel.: Ever since I built my computer a year ago, I have been having constant BSODs. I would be idling my computer, playing games, watching videos, and doing other mundane tasks and it still happens. I have updated all of my drivers, updated my BIOS to the latest version, replaced...
  3. BSOD issue, unexpected kernel

BSOD issue, unexpected kernel: I have been experiencing this issue for about two months after installing video card drivers from AMD. Moreover I replaced HDD and installed Windows 10 on SSD. My computer was working well enough but then it crashed. Since that moment I have been getting BSOD unexpected...
  4. BSOD Related to ntoskernel.exe and IRQL 0xA Error

BSOD Related to ntoskernel.exe and IRQL 0xA Error: Hey all, I've been experiencing issues with the IRQL Not Equal BSOD for a while now and have tried a myriad of fixes to my hardware but none have done the trick. It's most likely a driver or hardware issue and I was wondering if anyone else could help me narrow this down....
  5. Windows 10 - Kernel-Power BSOD

Windows 10 - Kernel-Power BSOD: Hi All, Over the last 2 weeks I have recently started having frequent (daily) BSOD's on my 9 year old Home Theatre PC Windows 10 machine. I have checked the usual suspects being system tempatures (CPU, Motherboard, Graphics Card, etc.), RAM stability, loose cable...
  6. Windows 10 BSOD related to Kernel

Windows 10 BSOD related to Kernel: PC just hangs a bit after an hour of use then BSOD. Already did a driver verifier on my system Google Drive - Minidumps. Should be noted that when I use the driver verifier, the PC would only boot up right before the I can enter my password then the verifier BSOD will already...
  7. BSOD 0x133 and 0xa during the reboot

BSOD 0x133 and 0xa during the reboot: As title, the dut have bsod symptom during reboot the system. Could anyone know which cause the BSOD?? minidup.zip 96884
  8. BSOD/Lockups, Unexpected Kernel Mode Trap 0x7f

BSOD/Lockups, Unexpected Kernel Mode Trap 0x7f: Hi everyone I built my PC in September 2015, full specs should be on my profile didn't have problems initially with it, the problem started about a year ago. I get freezes randomly when gaming (and only when gaming it seems), initially the PC would totally lock up with...
  9. BSOD - Windows 10 - "kernel power" - sleep/hibernate issue?

BSOD - Windows 10 - "kernel power" - sleep/hibernate issue?: Hi Last month i bought a new laptop for my girlfriend, a Lenovo Flex 2, 14" full hd touchscreen, i3 haswell 4030. It was a bargain because it was the last available (can't go back to the store and ask a new one, only a refund). At first boot (in W8.1) the laptop already...
  10. Two BSOD 0xA within an hour

Two BSOD 0xA within an hour: I have had a history of occasional BSODs of different types but just today I had two BSODs with stop code 0xA. Both of them happened while installing Heroes of the Storm. I have not noticed anything wrong with my computer prior to this. No new hardware recently. I don't think...