Windows 10: BSOD on windows 10 after update

Discus and support BSOD on windows 10 after update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I did an update on windows 10 on my PC yesterday My computer reboot, I had no sound and my screen was on 1920x1080 I change the settings on max... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by piotrkroczak, May 24, 2020.

1. BSOD on windows 10 after update

Hello,
    I did an update on windows 10 on my PC yesterday
    My computer reboot, I had no sound and my screen was on 1920x1080
    I change the settings on max resolution 3800xsomething and reboot the computer, thinking the sound will come back as it did normally and now I am on ainfinite loop of BSOD System Thread Exception Not Handled Error

I tried to read and apply online solution but...

• I do not get acces to windows
    • I cannot access to safe mode computer reboots
    • Reparation does not work
    • Supressing last updates does not work got a screan saying it is not possible, it said I shoudl reset to original state
    • there is no save image, no save points but I am sure there was
    • reset to original state without suppressing personnal files does not work

I am quite lost now to what to do... disabling sound and graphic drivers using c command ?
      It seems they could cause BSOD with the windows 10 update. I am not an expert and I do not know how what type of cm command and where to find the location without access to windows. The solution I have found use software to get the location of the file but I cannot access to windows so...

Thanks for the help in advance

:)

piotrkroczak, May 24, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 24, 2020
  3. Knoxx29 Win User
    Windows Update (BSOD)

Hi Guys.
    I have Built a Machine for Crunching a few days ago and I have some issues with Windows Update.

I have installed all Windows Updates but there are around 9 left without been installed becasue everytime i try to install it the Machine Crash and I get a BSOD, can someone tell me what could be causing that Windows Updates makes a Machine crash and get BSOD?

Cheers.

Knoxx29, May 24, 2020
  4. AsRock Win User

BSOD on windows 10 after update

Windows 10 Update

Well just noticed a pretty large one pop up coming in at 914MB, seems it makes some pretty serous updates.

KB3172985
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3172985

This security update includes improvements and fixes in the functionality of Windows 10 Version 1511 and Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 4. It also resolves the following vulnerabilities in Windows:

• 3175677 MS16-094: Security update for secure boot: July 12, 2016
    • 3174060 MS16-093: Security update for Adobe Flash Player: July 12, 2016
    • 3171910 MS16-092: Security update for Windows Kernel: July 12, 2016
    • 3170048 MS16-091: Security update for .Net Framework: July 12, 2016
    • 3171481 MS16-090: Security update for Kernel Mode Drivers: July 12, 2016
    • 3170050 MS16-089: Security update for Windows secure kernel mode: July 12, 2016
    • 3170005 MS16-087: Security update for the Microsoft Print Spooler: July 12, 2016
    • 3169999 MS16-085: Cumulative security update for Microsoft Edge: July 12, 2016
    • 3169991 MS16-084: Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer: July 12, 2016

AsRock, May 24, 2020
Thema:

BSOD on windows 10 after update

1. BSOD on windows 10 after update - Similar Threads - BSOD update

2. When I restart my laptop it says updates are underway and it restarts to a bsod and loops.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I restart my laptop it says updates are underway and it restarts to a bsod and loops.: I am having an issue with my new laptop with windows 11 22h2 it doesn't install new updates and when I restart the laptop it says updates are underway and without any persentage it suddenly restarts when my laptop logo shows up the loading lags and goes to bsod and restarts...
  3. When I restart my laptop it says updates are underway and it restarts to a bsod and loops.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I restart my laptop it says updates are underway and it restarts to a bsod and loops.: I am having an issue with my new laptop with windows 11 22h2 it doesn't install new updates and when I restart the laptop it says updates are underway and without any persentage it suddenly restarts when my laptop logo shows up the loading lags and goes to bsod and restarts...
  4. Laptop always BSODs when trying to update. Stuck on Windows 1709

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop always BSODs when trying to update. Stuck on Windows 1709: Hi all. I've had this Lenovo Yoga 720 15" laptop since 2017 and have done countless hours and methods of troubleshooting to try and get this thing to update, but it always BSODs for 90% of the Windows updates. Thus, I seem to be permanently stuck on version 1709. I think it...
  5. Laptop always BSODs when trying to update. Stuck on Windows 1709

Laptop always BSODs when trying to update. Stuck on Windows 1709: Hi all. I've had this Lenovo Yoga 720 15" laptop since 2017 and have done countless hours and methods of troubleshooting to try and get this thing to update, but it always BSODs for 90% of the Windows updates. Thus, I seem to be permanently stuck on version 1709. I think it...
  6. Laptop always BSODs when trying to update. Stuck on Windows 1709

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Been having random restart and BSOD after updating Windows KB5035853

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Been having random restart and BSOD after updating Windows KB5035853: Hi, I've been experiencing several random restarts when the machine is asleep and random BSODs after updating.The event viewers show the following error IDs:volmgr 161volmgr 162Is the error software or hardware-related?...
  8. Been having random restart and BSOD after updating Windows KB5035853

Been having random restart and BSOD after updating Windows KB5035853: Hi, I've been experiencing several random restarts when the machine is asleep and random BSODs after updating.The event viewers show the following error IDs:volmgr 161volmgr 162Is the error software or hardware-related?...
  9. bsod after drivers update 0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFF8057AD41A71, 0xFFFFF48CBE90E9E8,...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    bsod after drivers update 0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFF8057AD41A71, 0xFFFFF48CBE90E9E8,...: hi! i have bsod every time i update drivers of my gpu nv gtx960m from any source oficial nvidia site, geforce expirience, windows driver updater... ive tried 5-6 times and one of them even ended up with the impossobility of restoring recovery point, i had to reinstall...
  10. Constant BSOD at startup after recent Win11Pro update, related to GameInput Service

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Constant BSOD at startup after recent Win11Pro update, related to GameInput Service: Hello, since updating to the newest version of Windows 11 Pro I've had problems with starting my system. Notably it crashes with a BSOD like 2-3 times at startup and it's a gamble whether it will progress normally or not. It works fine for about 10 seconds and then it...