Windows 10: BSOD on Windows 10 with various errors at random times

Discus and support BSOD on Windows 10 with various errors at random times in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've been through the ringer on this one. For over a year my comp was running fine and then a little over ten days ago it BSOD and would not boot or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by IUnknown, Apr 22, 2017.

1. IUnknown Win User

BSOD on Windows 10 with various errors at random times

I've been through the ringer on this one.

For over a year my comp was running fine and then a little over ten days ago it BSOD and would not boot or even allow me to repair. I reinstalled Windows and starting getting random BSODs.

I then performed about two days of diagnosing and narrowed it down to Marvell controllers on the motherboard. Disabled those in the BIOS and things were fine for about two days. Then the entire board refused to even post. In fact, the board LEDs no longer illuminated and the onboard power button just pulsed green.

Tried a new PSU with no luck. EVGA RMA'd the board. I tested out of the case and it posted fine. Re-assembled into the case and once again got a dead board with pulsing green power button. Stripped it down in the case with no fix. Then unplugged the keyboard and tried a different one, like magic it posted.

Reinstalled Windows and everything was going well. Even played a game. I seriously thought I was in the clear and then after about 24 hours I have been getting BSODs non-stop. I thought maybe it was my keyboard again and tried uninstalling the drivers. No luck.

Reinstalled Windows and started getting BSODs immediately after. Blue Screen View is showing it always failing at ntoskrnl.

I've run memtest86 with the default 4 pass test and zero errors. I've run the intel CPU diagnostic tools with no errors. At this point I can really use some help and direction. I've never had so much trouble as this before.

:)

IUnknown, Apr 22, 2017
  2. crowstwo Win User

Windows 10 BSOD with various errors.

Thanks for your reply! The one that said there was an error was Microsoft's Memory Diagnostic tool. I let Memtest86 to run overnight and in close to 10 hours didn't find anything.

I think I might just fresh install Windows in this case?

BSOD on Windows 10 with various errors at random times [​IMG]

crowstwo, Apr 22, 2017
  3. Windows 10 BSOD with various errors.

Have you tried Uninstalling Virtualbox?

A Vanilla Install removes every possibility of a Driver error, so nothing better than that if you can afford.

Sumit Dhiman2, Apr 22, 2017
  4. axe0 New Member

Please fill in your system specsPlease follow this tutorial and download the tool. The tool will give you detailed information about your system specs, please fill in your system specs more completely including PSU, cooling and other used stuff like mouse, keyboard, monitor, case, etc.
    The PSU, cooling and other stuff are NOT mentioned in the tool.
    In the left corner below in your post you find 'My System Specs'. After clicking it you can find a link a little below that says 'Update your System Spec', click on this link to get to the page where you can fill in your system specs.

5. axe0 New Member
    How did you test all parts of your system?

6. IUnknown Win User
    Ran MemTest86 default settings/test.. which was about 5 hours. 4 passes no errors
    Ran Intel CPU diagnostics tool with no errors

The rest have been somewhat brute force. Removing components (like removing all of the GPUs, not using RAID, etc...) and trying things. Also, updating drivers.. trying EVGAs motherboard drivers vs. Windows update etc... All with mixed results.

Last night I tried 3DMark and it wouldn't load assets.. though on this attempt of Windows install, I only used the Windows Update NVidia drivers figuring they'd be safest. What appears odd is after Windows update, I could see the full Nvidia control panel allowing me to set SLI. Now I do not, and I see a nearly empty control panel. That seems like something bad. So tonight I plan on using 3D guru tool to remove gpu drivers and installing the latest from NVidia and re-running 3D Mark.

However, the last time I did that on a previous clean install of Windows with latest from Nvidia, I was getting nv-------- driver IRQL and other BSODs. This was regardless of SLI or non-SLI and switching out, using only one GPU. My Corsair keyboard was also acting wonky and I assumed that it was Corsair's fault. There are reports of Corsair's drivers and CUE system being incompatible with NVidia drivers.

So I switched to an old Logitech keyboard. This keyboard is stable until after few Windows updates, then it starts to stutter. The mouse stutters and the keyboard stutters until a BSOD. Reattached my Corsair keyboard and mouse.. Windows update pulls their drivers and things smooth out. Not sure if it is smoothing out because it is just better hardware or something else.

So brute force is not helping me out here cause it seems like an interrelated sequence of things. Basically I know enough to be dangerous, but not enough to figure this out. I'm totally willing to step through whatever you direct me to do.

IUnknown, Apr 23, 2017
  7. axe0 New Member
    Could you borrow a keyboard from someone you know for testing purpose.

What do you currently have connected of peripheral and HDDs?
    Do you still have both GPUs removed?

Please remove all RAM sticks except for 1, it'll take days for our recommended test to get to the minimum requirement with 32GB. This is only for when another memory test would be required which is not atm.

8. IUnknown Win User

The GPUs are presently installed. There are three HDDs... Two WD Blacks in a RAID with no partition and one WD Black standard. I'll see what I can do about a keyboard tonight. Can definitely get one by tomorrow evening.

IUnknown, Apr 24, 2017
  9. IUnknown Win User
    Well, it looks like I might be reinstalling windows here.

Used Display Driver Uninstaller and then installed the latest NVidia drivers. Launched 3DMark and it actually started working. Ran through two tests then on the third there was an error. While it was busy making a report the computer just shutdown and attempted to reboot. It went straight to BIOS. Even stranger, my bootable USB was plugged in and it would not even boot to that. I pulled that out and plugged it into my laptop. It was completely erased. And I mean nothing, not even formatted.

So I'm currently in the process of using Rufus to make another bootable USB with Windows. I have no idea right now what the state of the machine is.

Edit:

Finished my USB, all drives are completely wiped and listed as Unallocated. Never seen this before!

Edit:

Reinstalled Windows and turned off automatic updates. Installed all of EVGA suggested drivers for motherboard and GPU. Ran 3DMark and crashed BSOD Memory_Management at ntoskrnl. Removed one of the GPU cards and tried again. Ran the first test and then 3DMark errored with:

Creating asset "class eva::graphics::assets::timeline_asset": timelines/dandia_gt1_timeline.txt: Creating asset "class eva::graphics::assets::scene_asset": scenes/museum/dandia_gt1.evascenestore: heraldic_knight_DefaultLib_Ref.chainmail: Creating asset "class eva::graphics::assets::texture_2d_asset": images\museum\characters\heraldic_knight\chainmail_n.evaasset: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\3DMark\dlc\time-spy-test\dandia0002_dx.dat: decompress() -3: Unknown error

Edit

Running MemTest86 with 8 passes now. Will post results.

IUnknown, Apr 24, 2017
  10. IUnknown Win User
    Ran MemTest86 with 8 passes and zero errors.

IUnknown, Apr 24, 2017
  11. axe0 New Member
    Better run MemTest86+ instead of MemTest86.

Diagnostic Test
    RAM TEST

Run MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums

Note

MemTest86+ needs to be run for at least 8 complete passes for conclusive results. Set it running before you go to bed and leave it overnight. We're looking for zero errors here. Even a single error will indicate RAM failure.

Make a photo of the result and post it.

Addition:
    If errors show up you can stop the test, remove all sticks but 1 and test this single stick in each slot for 8 passes or until errors show, switch sticks and repeat.
    If errors show up and you see them a lot later, no problem, the errors don't affect the test.

12. philc43 Win User
    Let us know how you get on, I'll pick up the thread while @axe0 is away.

philc43, Apr 25, 2017
  13. IUnknown Win User

Ran MemTest86+ overnight. No errors after 13 passes (see image).

I've tried swapping both GPUs, using one at a time, testing against 3DMark. They both result in 3DMark errors and then BSOD with Memory_Management at ntoskrnl.

IUnknown, Apr 25, 2017
  14. philc43 Win User
    Please post a new set of log files as you have had some new BSOD events. Thanks

philc43, Apr 25, 2017
  15. IUnknown Win User
    I'll have to do that this evening.

IUnknown, Apr 25, 2017
Thema:

1. BSOD on Windows 10 with various errors at random times - Similar Threads - BSOD various errors

2. BSODs with various errors

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSODs with various errors: Hi all, Last night I started experiencing BSODs with various error codes, detailed chronologically below. I had not made any changes to my system in recent times. sfc scannow, dism checks, and memtest came back clean. SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION 3bAn exception happened while...
  3. Various BSOD's occuring randomly

Various BSOD's occuring randomly: Hi, I've bought brand new PC and started having random BSOD's while using PC or just when idling on desktop. I've tried to use Windows Memory Diagnostic, also ran commands /scannow and such in CMD because I read it in so many other topics regarding BSOD. I've had trouble...
  4. Various BSOD errors

Various BSOD errors: Hi There, I'm hoping someone can help me here, I'm being pestered by random BSOD errors including Reference by Pointer PFN List Corrupt System Service exception I am not overclocking to my knowledge anything on my PC. I've tested my RAM and my HDD, both had errors....
  5. Random BSODs - Various errors

Random BSODs - Various errors: Hello, I have a custom build PC built in July 2019, which up until 1 month ago was running fine. Since then I've been experiencing multiple BSOD crashes repeatedly. Problem; Random BSOD crashes. These can occur any time from playing games, to watching youtube, to leaving...
  6. Various BSOD errors in random activity

Various BSOD errors in random activity: Hello, So I'm having various BSOD in random time and doing, with different codes since my laptop was barley new until the present time. The only BSOD I figured out was LogMeIn Hamachi driver, so I uninstalled it, but BSOD's continue to happen, even though I formated my disk...
  7. Various BSODs/crashes at random times

Various BSODs/crashes at random times: I'm getting varying bluescreens and sometimes even crashes at random times. When these crashes occur, my screen just goes black and Windows starts normally as if nothing had happened, without leaving a dump file, whereas the bluescreens always leave one behind. The most...
  8. BSOD at random times, mostly when playing. Various error codes

BSOD at random times, mostly when playing. Various error codes: So, new computer, was using Windows 7 and getting BSODs constantly. So I decided to make a clean install with Windows 10 and thought the issue was resolved, clearly not the case. I will be uploading the last mini dump, but let me already tell you that more than one error...
  9. BSOD randomly. Various errors. Couldn't repair windows installation.

BSOD randomly. Various errors. Couldn't repair windows installation.: My computer has been randomly freezing. Sometimes it will crash to a BSOD, sometimes it just becomes unresponsive and the HD working light next to the power button on my computer case stays constantly lit. I wasn't able to create a repair USB, so I made one from my husband's...
  10. Random frequent BSOD with various cause and time

Random frequent BSOD with various cause and time: My PC seems to have BSOD at random moment, like when playing GTA V, watching youtube, or even 30 seconds after boot up idling, but sometime it can survive 5 hours without single BSOD.. The displayed BSOD cause are also random sometime it's DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, or...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Dandia0002_DX