Windows 10: BSOD on Windows Startup after Power Failure - Cannot boot, cannot SFC, cannot DISM -...

Discus and support BSOD on Windows Startup after Power Failure - Cannot boot, cannot SFC, cannot DISM -... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I had a power failure the other day while using the computer and I cannot boot past the Windows logo and progress ring without encountering a BSOD for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Dunkelza, May 31, 2021.

1. Dunkelza Win User

BSOD on Windows Startup after Power Failure - Cannot boot, cannot SFC, cannot DISM -...

I had a power failure the other day while using the computer and I cannot boot past the Windows logo and progress ring without encountering a BSOD for Critical Process Died. Examining the drive via the WinRE command line or another working Windows drive, it appears that everything is fine, so the problem is probably some corrupted system files. I just can't figure out which.I had restore points, but WinRE can't find them. I have run CHKDSK multiple times and it finds no problems. SFC always yields "Windows resource protection could not perform the requested operation" and I haven't found any

:)

Dunkelza, May 31, 2021
  2. RejZoR Win User

Can't get SFC and DISM to work anymore on Win10

Ok, can someone help me out because this crap is starting to piss me off. There was once a time when you could simply run SFC and DISM to check Windows files integrity and if there were any problems found with the local files, Windows repaired it automatically. The reason why I want to run this is because I'm getting stupendously huge amount of errors and warnings in Event Viewer, but I don't want to run refresh because it'll mess up tons of apps.

Commands I used:
    sfc /scannow
    Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

Fast forward few years and we now have glorious Windows 10. Trying to run the same tools, they find errors but stubbornly refuse to fix ANYTHING. What's the god damn point of it then?

Sfc finds issues but can't repair them and DISM constantly bitches how it can't find the source. All this used to work directly in Windows 7, but in Win 10, nothing. This was one of the best features to get OS back in good state and they go and ruin it. Because Microsoft!

I've checked this thread:
    https://social.technet.microsoft.co...sfc-failed-to-repair?forum=win10itprohardware

Nothing worked. And they keep mentioning install.wim where my Windows image downloaded from Microsoft itself! only carries install.esd which I can't seem to use with anything.

I've also tried this tool:
    CodePlex Archive

Which again wants .wim file and refuses to work with esd.

RejZoR, May 31, 2021
  3. PranavMishra5582, May 31, 2021
  4. BAmoureux Win User

BSOD on Windows Startup after Power Failure - Cannot boot, cannot SFC, cannot DISM -...

Driver Power State Failure (.dmp file)

Thank you for the reply,

I ran both SFC and DISM both returned no errors

I ran a CHKDSK on the HD and it returned no errors

I ran the HD checking utility from WD and it returned no errors

I also tried disabling the HD in questions as it is not the HD I boot from and still received a Driver Power State Failure about a 30 - 45 seconds after startup.

any suggestions?

BAmoureux, May 31, 2021
Thema:

1. BSOD on Windows Startup after Power Failure - Cannot boot, cannot SFC, cannot DISM -... - Similar Threads - BSOD Startup Power

2. Cannot Repair Windows Server 2019 with DISM or SFC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot Repair Windows Server 2019 with DISM or SFC: Hi Everyone,I was having some application errors with my server and decided to run a SFC /scannow. It found some corrupt files, but was unable to repair them.So I proceeded with the following commands after downloading a Server 2019 ISO image from Microsoft.dism /online...
  3. Cannot Repair Windows Server 2019 with DISM or SFC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot Repair Windows Server 2019 with DISM or SFC: Hi Everyone,I was having some application errors with my server and decided to run a SFC /scannow. It found some corrupt files, but was unable to repair them.So I proceeded with the following commands after downloading a Server 2019 ISO image from Microsoft.dism /online...
  4. Cannot Repair Windows Server 2019 with DISM or SFC

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows 10 won't update, cannot perform SFC or DISM scans, cannot Reset Windows, and cannot...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 won't update, cannot perform SFC or DISM scans, cannot Reset Windows, and cannot...: Hi everyone. There is something seriously wrong with my laptop. This issue has been ongoing for several months now and my start-up time is incredibly slow. Everything else seems to run fine once I load in, which is why I'm bearing with it.So it all began when I was unable to...
  6. Windows 10 won't update, cannot perform SFC or DISM scans, cannot Reset Windows, and cannot...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 won't update, cannot perform SFC or DISM scans, cannot Reset Windows, and cannot...: Hi everyone. There is something seriously wrong with my laptop. This issue has been ongoing for several months now and my start-up time is incredibly slow. Everything else seems to run fine once I load in, which is why I'm bearing with it.So it all began when I was unable to...
  7. Windows 10 won't update, cannot perform SFC or DISM scans, cannot Reset Windows, and cannot...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. DISM and SFC cannot run

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DISM and SFC cannot run: Good evening to the microsoft team.A week ago, i accidentally deleted the trustedinstaller files which is windowsapp. Due to that, i cant open most of the apps. It was my bad. However, after i reset the laptop, everything comes back to normal except for malfunction DISM and...
  9. Cannot run SFC or DISM to fix no audio issue.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Cannot run SFC or DISM to fix no audio issue.: 5 Days ago I started getting this strange error: "SBCinema2.exe - Bad Image." "C:\Windows\System32\audioses.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system...
  10. SFC scannow cannot fix corrupt files, Dism?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    SFC scannow cannot fix corrupt files, Dism?: Hi guys. I know this may be old news to some of you guys, but posting anyway. So I installed a game which did some net framework installing and after that had a hang. Removed the game, did sfc and found corrupt files. C:\Windows\system32>sfc\scannow The system cannot...