Windows 10: BSOD on Winows 10 1909

Discus and support BSOD on Winows 10 1909 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I am getting periodic BSODs on my home PC. I have re-installed Windows several times. Can you please help me diagnose the cause? Minidumps at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BrettMonten, Apr 15, 2020.

1. BSOD on Winows 10 1909

I am getting periodic BSODs on my home PC. I have re-installed Windows several times.

Can you please help me diagnose the cause?

Minidumps at https://www.dropbox.com/s/5uozqk47sqt7umc/minidumps.zip?dl=0

msinfo at https://www.dropbox.com/s/mb9rabza29dr0ya/msinfo.txt?dl=0

:)

BrettMonten, Apr 15, 2020

2. Windows 10 1909 Causes Secondary Hard Drive to not be Recognized

Installing the Windows 10 1909 Update causes my secondary hard drive to not be recognized.

Steps to confirm issue:

• Secondary drive not visible in Windows Explorer
    • Secondary drive not visible in device manager
    • Secondary drive not visible in disk manager

Steps to replicate issue:

• Installing 1909 update

Steps to resolve issue:

• Uninstall 1909 update

Since updates can only be delayed for so long, an actual fix would be appreciated.

Teknophile, Apr 15, 2020
  3. deving Win User
    User.000 issue after updating to 1909

I'm one of the many people suffering from issues with user profiles after applying Update 1909 to Windows 10. I've read all the threads I can find on the topic here and have followed the suggestions, all to no avail. Any other thoughts are appreciated.

After applying Update 1909, the ProfileImagePath was changed to c:\users\User.000
    One file that was always in use and couldn't be removed was left in c:\users\User (can't recall or find the exact file now), so I could never rename or remove the c:\user\User directory.

I followed the multiple suggestions from Brink and others:
    • Rebooted at least 6 times
    • Enabled hidden Administrator
    • Booted into Safe Mode
    • Changed ProfileImagePath
    • Tried to rename c:\users\User but couldn't because a file was still in use
    • Copied all data from c:\users\User.000 into c:\users\User
    • Rebooted and had temporary profile
    • Followed steps in Brink tutorial to change ImageProfilePath; rebooted with no change
    • Restored using Restore Point from before Update 1909 - returned to single profile state (User.000)
    • Removed each update that was installed individually and rebooted after each update removal - profile state never changed
    • After all updates were removed, repeated the steps above with hidden Administrator, changing profile, etc. - same issue with file in use in c:\users\User
    • Followed all steps above with hidden Administrator but without copying files from User.000 to User - same results

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

deving, Apr 15, 2020
  4. BSOD on Winows 10 1909

BSOD, Black Screen, and General Freezing while gaming on Windows 10 1909

Recently I was sent a preinstalled Windows 10 Pro 1909 SSD, unable to reinstall different OS version or downgrade without voiding a warranty. Now, I am essentially stuck on Windows 10 1909 and while utilizing it I have run into a specific repeatable issue
    that I have tried numerous strategies to repair with no success.

Specs:

• Alienware 17R4
    • Windows 10 1909 Build 18363.657
    • 256 GB NVMe M.2 SSD (OS Drive)
    • 1TB HDD (Secondary Drive)
    • Nvidia GTX 1080 (Notebook edition)
    • Intel i7-7820HK CPU
    • 16GB Memory

Problem: When playing any graphically demanding game (will list a few below), within ~5-20 minutes, the computer will Crash to BSOD (various errors/not consistent message), Crash to Black Screen, or just simply freeze; all of which require
    a hard reboot of the device.

• Two of the BSOD errors [UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP and KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED].

Troubleshooting Attempts: Thus far I have tried the following to see what the issue might be

• Ran various hardware performance utilities to diagnose any current hardware issues (None found)
    • Installed, uninstalled, and reinstalled different Nvidia graphics drivers (Same issue persists)
    • Reinstalled fresh edition of Win 10 1909 OS (Same issue presists)
    • Reinstalled fresh Nvidia driver (version 442.19) after Win 10 reinstall (Same issue persists)
    • Installed only minimal software to replicate the problem (Steam with 1-3 games) (Same issue persists) [Game Examples: Assassins Creed Odyssey, The Witcher 3, Session, and Wolcen]
      • Was able to play a non-graphically demanding game (Roblox) without crashing
    • Installed different gaming software to see if the issue was related to Steam - Blizzard Launcher+ Diablo 3 (Same issue persists)
    • Tested if problem occurs while not gaming, running HD video, etc. (Issue does not occur); can run for hours or even days with no problem as long as games are not played

At this point, I am unable to determine the next best course of action to resolve this issue.

BeardedGamerGuy, Apr 15, 2020
Thema:

BSOD on Winows 10 1909

1. BSOD on Winows 10 1909 - Similar Threads - BSOD Winows 1909

2. Winows and printers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Winows and printers: Two days ago my Epson XP-760 printer started printing photos with about 20% top and bottom and nothing in the middle 60%. I can print OK when using Photoshop, paint etc, but not from any files in Pictures on my computer. USB flash drives and CD's also will not print photos...
  3. Winows 10 language issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Winows 10 language issue: Hi!So basicly i have the issue that when i changed the language from romanian to engly united states,i shows some messages like ''Welcome'' ; ''Preparing automatic repair'' ; ''Restarting'' or after diagnosing your pc,and these messages are wrote IN ROMANIAN.Please help me...
  4. BSOD 1909

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD 1909: 2 days ago i updated my windows 10 64-bit from 1809 to 1909 and computer started getting laggy and next day my computer started getting BSOD with stop code Memory managment like every 5 minutes and only fix i found was going back to 1809 but now i cant use xbox app. What can...
  5. Winows 10 / Wordperfect X4

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Winows 10 / Wordperfect X4: Mods--I posted this question in another thread that was several years old. i got a notification to that effect and a suggestion to start an new thread. So... I am upgrading my computer hardware and am thinking about upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10. I resisted...
  6. Minecraft Winows 10 - Minecraft

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft Winows 10 - Minecraft: On Minecraft I'm 1.12 and I'm trying to play with a friend's world but he has 1.11 Is there a way I can play with him? Please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/minecraft-winows-10-minecraft/ed1fcd00-f28a-416c-9974-873164048ead
  7. Regarding Winow 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Regarding Winow 10: We have bought 05 laptops HP440 G5 i7 Win 10 Pro 8133 from a firm. As are requirement was of SSD 256 the same was provided to us. When we received the laptops we were shocked to find that no operating system is installed in our laptops though Win 10 pro pro installed...
  8. Winows Mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Winows Mail: I have linked my Yahoo account to the Windows 10 mail app, and it works until about 5 minutes later when it tells me I have to fix the account; I put in the data and it works for another few minutes and so-on. This also happens with a separate IMAP account. I have:...
  9. Winows 10 taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Winows 10 taskbar: I have users that don't like the thumbnail peeks, How do I set Windows 10 to display names instead of thumbnail images. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/winows-10-taskbar/350d4414-cfaf-4bb4-8a21-d20b8fae1b81
  10. winow defenders

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    winow defenders: does window defenders have HTTPS protection https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_defender-protect_updating-windows_10/winow-defenders/12c0d2e1-fc99-4f92-9f77-29a3321be877