Windows 10: BSOD once a day but I don't know how to read Windows Debugger

Discus and support BSOD once a day but I don't know how to read Windows Debugger in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi, I recently built a PC and after about a week with all my drivers already installed, I've been getting crashes everyday with different errors. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/t1mstah, Jul 27, 2020.

1. BSOD once a day but I don't know how to read Windows Debugger

Hi,

I recently built a PC and after about a week with all my drivers already installed, I've been getting crashes everyday with different errors. I used windows debugger to have an analysis of the most recent minidump file created but I do not understand what it is saying:

https://imgur.com/omh1X3O

https://imgur.com/44VYLBq

https://imgur.com/pFI8Yng

https://imgur.com/S53IxoV

https://imgur.com/Dj3MYq0

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I have lost progress in work for Uni a couple of times BSOD once a day but I don't know how to read Windows Debugger :(

submitted by /u/t1mstah
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/t1mstah, Jul 27, 2020
  2. LMiller7 Win User

How do I find a debugger running in my system

Windows 10 does not include a debugger and there are some very specific procedures to setting up and activating one. Assuming this is your computer if a debugger was running you would almost certainly know about it.

Some applications for various reasons attempt to detect if a debugger is running. But this determination is not foolproof. False detection can occur if the application is running on an OS it was not designed for, such as an older application running on a 64 bit OS. All I can suggest is to contact the software supplier to see if there is a solution.

LMiller7, Jul 27, 2020
  3. annie Win User
    How do I change (Read Only) on Microsoft Word

When I downloaded Windows 10 and used my Microsoft Word it was in (Read Only) and I tried looking up how to solve the problem including looking at properties on my document to uncheck read only, but it was already unchecked. I have tried all the steps suggested.

annie, Jul 27, 2020
  4. gc2727 Win User

BSOD once a day but I don't know how to read Windows Debugger

Windows 10 BSOD, don't know how to interpret the .dmp files

Edit: I now think this is a Dell problem, not a Windows problem. Thank you all for the suggestions, though. My suggestion is STAY AWAY FROM DELL.

Original post:

I'm running Windows 10, OS Version 10.0.18362 Build 18362

For more than a week, I’ve routinely been getting BSODs with the error message,
    BAD POOL CALLER, multiple times a day.

To try and pinpoint the problem, I downloaded Visual Studio and WDK for Windows 10 Version 1903. I registered file associations for .dmp, .hdmp, .mdmp, .kdmp, and .wew. I launched wndbg and set the symbol search path to

SRV*C:\SymCache*Symbol information.

I then attempted to read the dmp files, but in each one I received the message:

Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\ntoskrnl.exe, Wind32 error 0n2

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for ntoskrnl.exe

Since I was unable to use wndbg correctly, I downloaded BlueScreenView. I hear that its reports are often inaccurate, but I figured a possibly-correct analysis was better than no analysis. In every crash, BlueScreenView identified
    storport.sys and ntoskernel.exe as the culprits; iaStorAVC.sys was also mentioned in a handful of crashes. I’m not sure what to do with this info, though, as I can’t find any of these on the list of drivers in device manager.

You can probably tell I’m not knowledgeable about tech, and this stuff is outside my league. So, I’d be extremely grateful for step-by-step answers to the following questions:

1) What, if anything, should I do about storport.sys, ntoskernel.exe, and iaStorAVC.sys?

2) How can I set up the symbol search path for wndb to properly read dmp files?

Also, if someone wants to read one of my dmp files, I could try uploading some.

Thanks a bunch!

gc2727, Jul 27, 2020
Thema:

BSOD once a day but I don't know how to read Windows Debugger

1. BSOD once a day but I don't know how to read Windows Debugger - Similar Threads - BSOD once don't

2. I have BSOD once a day.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have BSOD once a day.: The BSOD I saw was BAD_POOL_CALLER. It only started a few days ago. So it skipped a day but it happened 3 times so far. One time the pc needed a manual shut down because it kept re causing blue screens. I could not remember the error codes that time, they where different each...
  3. I have BSOD once a day.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have BSOD once a day.: The BSOD I saw was BAD_POOL_CALLER. It only started a few days ago. So it skipped a day but it happened 3 times so far. One time the pc needed a manual shut down because it kept re causing blue screens. I could not remember the error codes that time, they where different each...
  4. I have BSOD once a day.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. BSOD once a day

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD once a day: Hi, my name is Mateo and I've a BSOD on fresh boot generally once a day. I have readed a few post and I made the Driver verifier. It gives me DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION. Here is the dump file, if you can read it I will appreciate a...
  6. BSOD once a day

BSOD once a day: Hi, my name is Mateo and I've a BSOD on fresh boot generally once a day. I have readed a few post and I made the Driver verifier. It gives me DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION. Here is the dump file, if you can read it I will appreciate a...
  7. BSOD once a day

8. BSOD once a day

BSOD once a day: I've been getting BSOD relating to ntoskrnl.exe, but I can't pinpoint the driver using bluescreenview. I'm running Version 2004, but I've been getting the BSOD even before the update. I've attached the last BSOD report. Thanks 160817
  9. I don't know how to open two tabs at once

I don't know how to open two tabs at once: This may be dumb, it seems like there's a really simple fix but I just can't figure it out. I just got a new chromebook and I'm still getting used to it. I downloaded microsoft word and powerpoint through the google play store. I just can't seem to figure out how to open...
  10. I don't know how to read this

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I don't know how to read this: I post this here so maybe someone can tell me why I can't connect to the internet on my dell 2710. Any help would be greatly appreciated. MiniToolBox by Farbar Version: 01-07-2015 Ran by jerry_000 (administrator) on 19-08-2015 at 20:02:20 Running from...