Windows 10: BSOD Once every 2 weeks, usually happens within 1 hour of turning on

Discus and support BSOD Once every 2 weeks, usually happens within 1 hour of turning on in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; HI Guys So i have been getting a BSOD every 2 weeks or so, and it only ever happens when the computer has recently been turned on, never happened... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AbuseNab, Jun 2, 2017.

1. AbuseNab Win User

BSOD Once every 2 weeks, usually happens within 1 hour of turning on

HI Guys

So i have been getting a BSOD every 2 weeks or so, and it only ever happens when the computer has recently been turned on, never happened after an hour or so of it being turned on.

Recently I have been getting more frequent Blue Screens, which aren't shown in the zip file as once or twice it hung whilst creating the dump file on the BSOD.

I have googled the issues and most are saying bad ram, but i have run the inbuilt windows memory test along side the memtest and not a single error has been found.

Things I have done:
    Samsung SSD firmware is up to date
    Bios up to date
    Tried a GTX 1080 and RX 580 and get BSOD
    MEMTEST has been done, I am leaving it on tonight for 12 passes just to be doubly sure.
    I also took the RAM out and checked for any physical damage and its fine, its only a few months old.
    No OC's on ram or cpu.

Attachment 137780

:)

AbuseNab, Jun 2, 2017

2. Updates lock up computer

For the last 12 months I have been fighting with windows updates. Every time updates are called for the usual happens. The screen says do not turn off computer, it then counts the % complete, at completion it goes to reboot and when it comes back up it
    is on a grey screen with a row of circling dots on the bottom of the grey screen. This will last about 19 minutes and the circle of dots disappear with only the grey screen left. Each time this happens I let the computer set turned on for 24 hours. Still the
    same. I will then turn off the unit by holding down the power button. Every few hours I try to turn the system back on and the screen says initiating system repair. That lasts about 2 minutes and then back to a grey screen for several hours. If I keep turning
    off the computer and trying to reboot 2 or 3 times each day then within a week it will reboot and run fine, UNTIL THE NEXT UPDATE and then everything repeats.

NeilSchaffer, Jun 2, 2017
  3. Too many BSODS to count... Pointing towards memory corruption.

Here are the 5 minidumps again, they should work now. Shared items 7-8-2016 (1)

I don't mostly remember what the messages were on death but I do know that they're usually different every time and know a few. I've seen BAD_POOL_HEADER, CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION, CRITICAL PROCESS DIED, and a few more I can't remember off of the top
    of my head, hope that helps.

I am currently running everything at stock speeds and memtest has passed before with 11 passes.

After running driver verifier, my pc blue screens due to the driver called "amd_xata.sys" I've tried to update it in the past from amd's website and have... The thing is the most recent version I have found on amd's website is from 2015 and even after updating
    it, I still get that same bsod while running driver verfifier. I've tried to find a way around it but have had no luck so far.

When I turn on my pc, a bsod will usually happen within ~30min - 4hrs. I have ran my pc in safe mode and have clean booted within the past few weeks and left it on for 24hrs each time. My pc did not bsod once in either of the times. I have not downloaded
    anything at all since then except for maybe a game or two on steam. (definitely not causing the bsods because they have been happening for over 2 months now).

Thanks for the quick replies.

iCantThinkOfPoliteUserNames, Jun 2, 2017
  4. philc43 Win User

Hello *Smile

I see that in the crash dump from 1st June the Intel driver for the network adapter is highlighted:

Code: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M (1000007e) BugCheck 1000007E, {ffffffffc0000005, fffff8095f17765c, ffff8d006f9e4598, ffff8d006f9e3dd0} Probably caused by : e1i63x64.sys ( e1i63x64+1765c ) Driver Timestamp: Fri Mar 04 21:46:29 2016 (56DA0235)[/quote] See if you can find an updated driver on the Intel site

Also it is important to run the Memtest86+ test for as many passes as you can so your plan is spot on! Post a photo of the result.

philc43, Jun 2, 2017
  5. AbuseNab Win User
    See if you can find an updated driver on the Intel site

Also it is important to run the Memtest86+ test for as many passes as you can so your plan is spot on! Post a photo of the result.[/quote] Updated the driver and ran the memtest with 0 errors, I guess ill just wait to see if another one happens.

AbuseNab, Jun 4, 2017
  6. zbook New Member
    Using Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 10.0.15063.137 AMD64 there were multiple bsod that could not be processed as they displayed: GetContextState failed, 0x8007001E

Code: BugCheck 1000007E, {ffffffffc0000005, fffff8095f17765c, ffff8d006f9e4598, ffff8d006f9e3dd0}Probably caused by : e1i63x64.sys ( e1i63x64+1765c )[/quote]
    e1i63x64.sysIntel(R) Gigabit Adapter NDIS 6.x driverhttps://downloadcenter.intel.com/

Code: BugCheck 3B, {c0000005, fffff11d31a31b84, ffffc100746e60f0, 0}Probably caused by : win32k.sys ( win32k!NtUserKillTimer+0 )[/quote] Code: Probably caused by : memory_corruption[/quote] Code: The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load for the device SWD\WPDBUSENUM\_??_USBSTOR#Disk&Ven_&Prod_USB_DISK_2.0&Rev_PMAP#C70058E7EC1DDF43&0#{53f56307-b6bf-11d0-94f2-00a0c91efb8b}.[/quote] Code: Windows failed fast startup with error status 0xC00000D4.[/quote] Code: Crash dump initialization failed![/quote]

In addition to uninstalling and reinstalling the Intel driver and testing memory with memtest86+ version 5.01 please turn off Windows fast startup.

Turn On or Off Fast Startup in Windows 10 Windows 10 Performance Maintenance Tutorials

The Pros and Cons of Windows 10 Mode

zbook, Jun 4, 2017
  7. AbuseNab Win User
    So my motherboard just killed itself whilst playing Dota 2, the bios led started to flash between main and backup and on a restart it had completely corrupted both bios's yay.. thank god there is a backup bios to stop that happening.... and as they provide a backup bios there is no USB method of restoring the bios.

So motherboard going to be RMA'd, but i had not bluescreened since doing the intel and fast boot option so thats a +.

AbuseNab, Jun 15, 2017
  8. zbook New Member

For the minidumps these drivers were identified by date with the debugging

6/1/2017 and 5/17/2017: e1i63x64.sys
    Intel(R) Gigabit Adapter NDIS 6.x driver
    Drivers & Software

4/24/2017: nvlddmkm.sys
    nVidia Video drivers
    NVIDIA
    Get from OEM for laptops

4/17/2017: AuthenticAMD
    OEM (primarily for laptops) or
    Download Drivers

The later two happened about 7 weeks ago so they were not troubleshooted at this time.

There were multiple memory bsod. We will troubleshoot pending the results of the Memtest86+ with 8 or more runs.

zbook, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD Once every 2 weeks, usually happens within 1 hour of turning on - Similar Threads - BSOD Once every

2. Sudden massive slowdown once every 2 weeks or so.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sudden massive slowdown once every 2 weeks or so.: Since getting this new machine in October, there have occasionally been instances where everything suddenly slows down dramatically. During these times, the mouse cursor is still reactive and moves the same, but it takes 15-30 seconds for anything on the system to registered...
  3. Sudden massive slowdown once every 2 weeks or so.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sudden massive slowdown once every 2 weeks or so.: Since getting this new machine in October, there have occasionally been instances where everything suddenly slows down dramatically. During these times, the mouse cursor is still reactive and moves the same, but it takes 15-30 seconds for anything on the system to registered...
  4. this happens once a week. Turned it off this time

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    this happens once a week. Turned it off this time: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Anteroxz [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/x7zx3d/this_happens_once_a_week_turned_it_off_this_time/
  5. Windows randomly restarts. Happens once every 1-2 weeks.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows randomly restarts. Happens once every 1-2 weeks.: Windows randomly restarts every 1-2 weeks. Could you please help me find the issue?The event file says:The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000119 0x0000000000000002, 0xffffffffc000000d, 0xfffff205525a7860, 0xffffe08d0e4ee4b0. A dump was saved in:...
  6. Windows randomly restarts. Happens once every 1-2 weeks.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows randomly restarts. Happens once every 1-2 weeks.: Windows randomly restarts every 1-2 weeks. Could you please help me find the issue?The event file says:The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000119 0x0000000000000002, 0xffffffffc000000d, 0xfffff205525a7860, 0xffffe08d0e4ee4b0. A dump was saved in:...
  7. Windows randomly restarts. Happens once every 1-2 weeks.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. 2 BSODs within a week!

2 BSODs within a week!: Pretty much what the title says. My specs are as follows: IntelR CoreTM i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz 2.81 GHz 16.0 GB GTX 1060 6GB Its an asus laptop model GL553VMZ Windows Specifications: Edition Windows 10 Home Single Language Version 20H2 Installed on...
  9. Frequent BSODs every 1 or 2 weeks

Frequent BSODs every 1 or 2 weeks: So for the last few months, I've been seeing a pattern with my BSODs. It runs fine for a week or 2, then randomly, for maybe a day or 2, I will experience very frequent BSODs - it's a healthy mix of IRQL Not less or equal, Status Service Exception most frequent, Page fault in...
  10. BSOD once a week

BSOD once a week: After upgrading from Windows 7 to 10 Iexperienced ”Video TDR Failures” about every other week. Theynever happened with Windows 7. I see no relation to heavy graphicuses. It seems to me that they happen more frequently when I startagain after putting the computer to sleep and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bsod on at 1 or 2 weeks

2. bsod every 2 weeks error 0116

3. bsod every 2 weeks