Windows 10: BSOD once windows 10 login screen appears

Discus and support BSOD once windows 10 login screen appears in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi guys, A few days ago I set out to quieten my build. I bought a bunch of corsair fans & phanteks to replace my default Kraken ones. I also bought... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by onetwofive, Jan 21, 2017.

1. BSOD once windows 10 login screen appears

Hi guys,

A few days ago I set out to quieten my build. I bought a bunch of corsair fans & phanteks to replace my default Kraken ones. I also bought an NZXT Grid+ v2 so I could control my case fans.

As soon as I installed the CAMS software, after restarting it started BSODing as soon as I hit the win10 login screen - BAD POOL HEADER.

I tried disconnecting the grid and that stopped it straight away.. and it would boot fine. So i decided to go back to my original set up of just the fan hub and forget the grid.. logged in, installed CAMS for the Kraken and it started bsoding again

Now even though CAMS is uninstalled, and the grid is uninstalled, it's still BSODing at start up. The funny thing is, it's 9 times out of 10. I managed to get in just fine now?

Probably a left over driver somewhere? I couldn't possibly think of what else it could be. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

EDIT: I've tried all the ram checking/chkdsk/sfc /scannow/ start up repair etc.. none of it found or fixed anything

:)

onetwofive, Jan 21, 2017

2. Windows keeps restarting with INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR

Hi Jack,

First of all, thank you for helping me.

In a normal scenario the BSOD happens within a minute or two after I reach the Desktop. However, the BSOD also appears if I do nothing at the login screen for about 3-4 minutes. I think the BSODs are in some way time-limited in my case. As soon as the system
    hits a certain amount of runtime, the BSOD appears.

Thanks,

Dhairya

Dhairya Doshi, Jan 21, 2017
  3. Log in screen missing.

I never had login screen missing when I upgraded to Windows 10 but with Windows 10 anniversary update my login screen never comes up. Once I reboot it appears most times but sometimes i need to reboot more than once. I have tried all the suggestions that
    have been posted on the web like performing a safe mode login and performing a re-install but it doesn't help. If I shut down my computer and then start it after it is shut down the login screen never appears. If I restart my computer most times it gives me
    the login screen. This is happening on both my desktop and my laptop so it isn't isolated. Also, since I am not on Windows 10 64 bit on my desktop I don't get the screen in the bottom right hand corner that allows me to ask the computer to restart so i have
    to shut down the computer unceremoniously and hope that the restart will give me the login screen. I am on 64 bit on my laptop which gives me the choice to restart or shut down.

BerniceLink, Jan 21, 2017
  4. Golden Win User

BSOD once windows 10 login screen appears

Code: ******************************************************************************* * * * Bugcheck Analysis * * * ******************************************************************************* Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information. BugCheck 19, {22, ffffd480f0c76000, 0, 0} *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for amifldrv64.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for amifldrv64.sys Probably caused by : amifldrv64.sys ( amifldrv64+188c ) Followup: MachineOwner --------- 0: kd> lmvm amifldrv64 Browse full module list start end module name fffff805`e4950000 fffff805`e4955000 amifldrv64 T (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: amifldrv64.sys Image path: \??\C:\MSI\Smart Utilities\amifldrv64.sys Image name: amifldrv64.sys Browse all global symbols functions data Timestamp: Thu Oct 8 03:50:32 2009 (4ACCC6D8) CheckSum: 0001259F ImageSize: 00005000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote] The last few .dmp files all point to an issue with the MSI Latency Tuner driver - its quite old circa 2009. Check for and install a more updated driver from here, or uninstall the application:
    MSI Global

Golden, Jan 21, 2017
  5. Interesting, I did update the MSI command centre the other day.. I've just uninstalled all of it and rebooted, didn't BSOD. I'll keep an eye on it and see how it goes. Thank you for the response!

onetwofive, Jan 21, 2017
  6. Golden Win User
    *Thumbs

Let us know how you get on.

Golden, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

BSOD once windows 10 login screen appears

1. BSOD once windows 10 login screen appears - Similar Threads - BSOD once login

2. Login Screen WILL NOT appear

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Login Screen WILL NOT appear: My machine boots to display the time, with the Power, Accessibility and Internet buttons down in the corner........But I cannot get the screen to appear to allow me to type in my password.What changed? I was having issues with Windows Hello, so I did a fresh install while...
  3. Login Screen WILL NOT appear

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Login Screen WILL NOT appear: My machine boots to display the time, with the Power, Accessibility and Internet buttons down in the corner........But I cannot get the screen to appear to allow me to type in my password.What changed? I was having issues with Windows Hello, so I did a fresh install while...
  4. Login Screen Doesnt appear

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Login Screen Doesnt appear: hello I just installed a fresh windows 10 from Microsoft website today. when I press the power button of my PC it opens my PC automatically without showing the login screen, I have password set up too the login screen appears only when I restart windows. I am getting this...
  5. Login Screen Doesnt appear

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Login Screen Doesnt appear: hello I just installed a fresh windows 10 from Microsoft website today. when I press the power button of my PC it opens my PC automatically without showing the login screen, I have password set up too the login screen appears only when I restart windows. I am getting this...
  6. Login Screen Doesnt appear

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Windows 10 On-Screen keyboard appears on login or startup

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 On-Screen keyboard appears on login or startup: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]When you turn on Windows 10 PC, and if you see the On-Screen keyboard appears on startup or login screen, then it can be pretty annoying to close it manually every time. Every time it appears, you will have to [...] This post Windows 10 On-Screen keyboard...
  8. Login screen does not appear

in Windows 10 Support
    Login screen does not appear: Sometimes, like half of the time, when I put my laptop in sleep mode, it fails to wake up enough to display the login screen. I must do a hard restart in order for it to appear so that I may login. Any suggestions? 128995
  9. Windows 10 login screen not appearing

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 login screen not appearing: I boot up my laptop and it gets the page that shows the date and time but when I click, the screen slides up but nothin appears. There is no box to enter my password, only three icons in the bottom right corner. I have tried holding shift and restart but that does not work....
  10. weird login screen appearance

in Windows 10 Support
    weird login screen appearance: the problem comes when I arrived at login screen. I use local account. when in login screen, it looks like in attachment --sorry for bad pic--. there was password box, overlapping sign in button, and overlapping welcome animation. I have change the settings --via netplwiz--...