Windows 10: BSOD – one of her critical processes has done kicked the bucket

Discus and support BSOD – one of her critical processes has done kicked the bucket in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So, I have this neighbor lady, who is a nice, old woman. She has a Lenovo laptop which she uses to get on Facebook and work on some digital needlepoint... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by novicegeek, Jan 16, 2021.

1. BSOD – one of her critical processes has done kicked the bucket

So, I have this neighbor lady, who is a nice, old woman. She has a Lenovo laptop which she uses to get on Facebook and work on some digital needlepoint program. She had a computer issue, so she called me, because I know slightly more about computers than she does. Here’s what I’ve got so far. She said she had problems after doing an update, and she "couldn't get anything." So, I took her computer home and told her I would work on it.

After getting it home, when I turned it on, I was greeted...

Read more

novicegeek, Jan 16, 2021

2. BSOD - Critical Process Died

Hi Tony,

The blue screen error with a stop code 'Critical Process Died' that you encountered can be caused by a recent update, device drivers that got corrupted or system files that got corrupted. For us to resolve your concern, kindly answer the questions below:

• What changes were made or what updates were installed prior to the issue occurring?
    • Did you mean to say that you ran your device in safe mode when you said that you booted the device with only Microsoft Processes running?
    • Which version and build of Windows 10 is installed on your device?

As an initial recommendation, we suggest that you follow the steps on this
    link
    to run the driver verifier. Driver verifier is an inbuilt tool in the Windows operating system, which helps you to test the drivers which may be corrupted. These corrupted drivers may contribute as to why you're getting a "Blue Screen of Death" (BSOD)
    or stop errors.

We look forward to your response to our queries.

Jordan Dom, Jan 16, 2021
  3. Kapil Arya MVP, Jan 16, 2021
  4. BSOD – one of her critical processes has done kicked the bucket

Critical process died BSoD loop

My alienware 17 R3 laptop apparently forced restart to update windows 10 earlier in the day and after the update finished it literally won't start up and is now stuck in Critical process died BSoD loop without me being able to enter safe mode.

Any attempt to entering safe mode results in another Critical process died blue screen and I've tried EVERYTHING that the net lists as a solution.

Tried going back to previous version of windows and it list an error, tried restoring from a previous point and it doesn't show up at all. Hell I tried a complete reset of the laptop and it gave me an error and said it cannot complete the process for god
    knows what reason.

This happened once on my older alienware 17 r3 and I had to get a replacement entirely due to the vendors not being able to decipher the root cause of the problem but one thing is for damn sure, everytime a windows 10 update happens my laptop potentially
    gets killed off...

Seriously, any suggestions? This is pretty frigging infuriating.

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows update, recovery, & backup

Louis12349, Jan 16, 2021
Thema:

BSOD – one of her critical processes has done kicked the bucket

1. BSOD – one of her critical processes has done kicked the bucket - Similar Threads - BSOD – critical

2. Critical process has died

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Critical process has died: Hi, I have been getting BSOD regularly the last few days, ever hour or twoI took it in about 6 months to a local shop, they said all components check out under stress test.and it must be a peripheral. Cut to now, I have had no issues after slowly reintroducing my peripherals...
  3. Critical process has died

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Critical process has died: Hi, I have been getting BSOD regularly the last few days, ever hour or twoI took it in about 6 months to a local shop, they said all components check out under stress test.and it must be a peripheral. Cut to now, I have had no issues after slowly reintroducing my peripherals...
  4. Critical process has died

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. BSOD error “critical process has died”

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD error “critical process has died”: I’ve gotten a BSOD error “critical process has died” and I can’t troubleshoot because it keeps on saying the password is incorrect I tried resetting it since it’s my Microsoft account but it still doesn’t work so I can’t troubleshoot...
  6. BSOD error “critical process has died”

BSOD error “critical process has died”: I’ve gotten a BSOD error “critical process has died” and I can’t troubleshoot because it keeps on saying the password is incorrect I tried resetting it since it’s my Microsoft account but it still doesn’t work so I can’t troubleshoot...
  7. BSOD error “critical process has died”

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Critical Process Died bsod

Critical Process Died bsod: I am stuck in an automatic repair loop, can’t uninstall updates, can’t system restore even with restore point, I have reset bios multiple times, no system image recovery, multiple different scans yet no problem found, no idea what is wrong with pc and not even being able to...
  9. Critical Process Died bsod

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Critical Process Died bsod: I am stuck in an automatic repair loop, can’t uninstall updates, can’t system restore even with restore point, I have reset bios multiple times, no system image recovery, multiple different scans yet no problem found, no idea what is wrong with pc and not even being able to...
  10. Samsung SSD appears to have kicked the bucket

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Samsung SSD appears to have kicked the bucket: Get a load of this. I rebooted my computer this evening, got a message that one app was still running that was keeping it from rebooting. Reboot anyway? Indeed and only to get an exciting blue screen with three options. One was F8 which did nothing and the Escape which puts...