Windows 10: BSOD: Only crashes when playing games

Discus and support BSOD: Only crashes when playing games in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi I have been having issues with my PC crashing to a BSOD only while playing games both cpu and gpu intensive, mostly Divinity: Original sin 2, EU4,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Parxival, May 11, 2020.

1. Parxival Win User

BSOD: Only crashes when playing games

Hi I have been having issues with my PC crashing to a BSOD only while playing games both cpu and gpu intensive, mostly Divinity: Original sin 2, EU4, and subnautica, . I have reinstalled a clean windows from a bootable USB, updated all drivers, and stress tested my cpu, gpu, and Ram, using Memtest86, cinebench, and furmark with no issues. I have also installed the latest AMD chipset from AMD. Any help would be much appreciated.

My computer
    Cpu: AMD Ryzen 5 3600
    Mobo: Gigabyte x570 Aorus Pro Wifi rev 1.x
    Ram: G.skill Ripjaws DDR4 3200Mhz 8gbx2
    GPU: RTX 2060

BSODs
    Driver_Overran_Stack_buffer
    Driver_IRQL_Not_Less_Or_Equal
    Critical_Process_Died-

Here's the google drive link with the V2 in it:
    BSOD help - Google Drive

:)

Parxival, May 11, 2020

2. BSOD When playing games

Hi Jackson,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

Please share the information requested below:

• Does the BSOD occur while playing a particular game?
    • Is the game downloaded from Windows Store?

I suggest you to update the Graphic Card drivers by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update.

Refer the link below for more information:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, May 11, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    BSOD while playing War Thunder

Hi,

Thank you for replying.

When you say, “performed a clean boot but the game still crashed” did you receive a BSOD error or only the game crashed with an error message?

Instead of wiping the AMD graphics drivers from the computer, you can try disabling the AMD graphics drivers and check if you are able to play the game. Please refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + X, and select
      Device Manager.
    2. Expand Display adapters.
    3. Right click on the AMD graphics driver and select
      Disable Device.
    4. Try playing the game now.

Let us know the results, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, May 11, 2020
  4. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, May 11, 2020
Thema:

1. BSOD: Only crashes when playing games - Similar Threads - BSOD crashes playing

2. ntoskrnl.exe BSOD Only When Playing Games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    ntoskrnl.exe BSOD Only When Playing Games: I'm getting random BSODs only when playing games, caused by ntoskrnl.exe dmp.zip, I tried all recommended solutions:First I took my pc to a pc repair shop, they said they updated the bios. but that didnt help, then I took it to another pc repair shop and got new ram sticks....
  3. BSOD error when playing games only

BSOD error when playing games only: when I ran my dump file I got this error below,\SystemRoot\System32\drivers\iaStorAC.sys, Win32 error 0n2 It's an intel storage rapid technology, but I can't seem to find a fix, I tried downgrading the driver version but I still get a blue screen error, I've ran all the...
  4. BSOD error when playing games only

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD error when playing games only: when I ran my dump file I got this error below,\SystemRoot\System32\drivers\iaStorAC.sys, Win32 error 0n2 It's an intel storage rapid technology, but I can't seem to find a fix, I tried downgrading the driver version but I still get a blue screen error, I've ran all the...
  5. BSOD error when playing games only

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. BSOD only when playing certain games!!!

BSOD only when playing certain games!!!: I have been having a BSOD issue every couple weeks where I will start up specific games and within an hour or two, I experience a BSOD crash. I am not sure of what to do as my research capabilities comprehension really... has hit a brick wall. I have attached my Minidump...
  7. BSOD (ntoskrnl.exe) only when playing games

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BSOD (ntoskrnl.exe) only when playing games: I built my computer this February and I have been having a reoccurring BSOD whenever I play any games that are heavily demanding. Below are the components of my computer: ASRock B450m Steel LegendAMD Ryzen 2700XGeforce GTX 970 SCCorsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 DRAM...
  8. Crashes/BSOD when playing games

Crashes/BSOD when playing games: As the title says, I am getting very frequent crashes and BSODs when I play games. When I am doing any less intensive tasks on my pc, everything is fine. The first 10 of the 12 months I've had this custom built pc were fine. Then, the BSODs and crashes started and have become...
  9. BSOD only when playing games

BSOD only when playing games: Hello, Lately i have been getting frequent bsod only while playing one certain game (fortnite). I have tried troubleshooting using the steps provided on the windows website but haven't got into a solution. So i am suspicious of my microphone (audio driver) to be causing...
  10. Crashing only when playing certain games.

Crashing only when playing certain games.: So I get those crashes where my screen freezes and then goes dark ( lost signal). It happens at random with Blade and Soul , and happens every 5 minutes with World of Warcraft. This started like 2 months ago ( only found this forum today , thanks for that) , before that...