Windows 10: Bsod only when gaming

Discus and support Bsod only when gaming in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey. Ive recenlty built a new pc and when Im playing games I get BSOD "WHEA Uncorrectable Error" or a sudden restart. Ive sent my pc to a test to see... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Levis, Jan 28, 2021.

1. Levis Win User

Bsod only when gaming

Hey.
    Ive recenlty built a new pc and when Im playing games I get BSOD "WHEA Uncorrectable Error" or a sudden restart.
    Ive sent my pc to a test to see if all the parts are good and nothing corrupted.
    Its seems like its something else I dont know what it could be. on windows event viewer I see alot of erros and critical like:
    Event 41 Kernel Power
    WHEA Logger 18

Please Help *Sad

My Specs :
    Windows 10 Pro 20H2 19042.746
    Ryzen 7 5800x
    Gigabyte B550 Aorus Pro AC . bios version F13a
    MSI GeForce RTX 3070 Ventus 3x OC . geforce version 461.40
    Noctua NH-D15S
    G.skill Trident Z Neo DDR4 3600MHz 1.35v 4X8 . xmp profile 1
    ADATA Swordfish 1TB
    ADATA Swordfish 500GB
    Antec HCG-850W Gold
    be quiet Pure Base 500DX

:)

Levis, Jan 28, 2021

2. BSOD When playing games

Hi Jackson,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

Please share the information requested below:

• Does the BSOD occur while playing a particular game?
    • Is the game downloaded from Windows Store?

I suggest you to update the Graphic Card drivers by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update.

Refer the link below for more information:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jan 28, 2021
  3. BSOD on new computer while gaming

I just got a new computer about a month ago. Everything is new and I get BSOD (windows 10) while gaming mostly although it sometimes happens while I'm just using the computer. Sometimes the computer doesn't BSOD and just gives me a Access Violation Error. Not sure if related.

Here is the link to download output files from the V2 script.

Dropbox - windows crash - Simplify your life

Any help is appreciated

Steps I have taken:
    • Updated all drivers and bios to latest versions
    • Checked ram with windows memory test to see if ram is faulty. (A stick was and it was removed waiting for replacement)
    • Clean Installed Windows after finding faulty ram
    • I had 2 x 2080Ti installed, I removed one, tested and then swapped cards; issue still exist

MarvIchiban, Jan 28, 2021
  4. cplpro Win User

Bsod only when gaming

7 different BSoD

Hey guys,

I have a serious problem. I make it as short as possible:

• system runs 100 % fine with the 10.12
    • updatet to Catalyst 11.1 -> BSoD
    • updatet to 11.1 Hotfix -> BSoD
    • rollback to 10.12 -> BSoD
    • removed ALL AMD files manually, installed 10.12 -> BSoD
    • Temps are fine
    • no sfc /scannow errors
    • no chkdsk errors
    • Prime, Furmark all fine
    • regardless what driver I install -> BSoD
    • I did no hw changes, no OC
    Here are my BSoDs I receive:
    • 0x0000010e
    • 0x1000007e
    • 0x0000007e
    • 0x0000004e
    • 0x0000003b
    • dxgmms1.sys
    • PFN_LIST_CORRUPT
    They all refer to the GPU of course ...

From now on I receive a BSoD every time I try to play a game (especially BC2 and SC II) even if I completely remove the old driver and make a clean install.
    Apparently the 11.1 damaged my system irreparable.

Any advice or info would be very much appreciated *Smile Bsod only when gaming :)

cplpro, Jan 28, 2021
Thema:

Bsod only when gaming

1. Bsod only when gaming - Similar Threads - Bsod gaming

2. Frequent BSODS and crashes after about 30 mins of playing any game.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frequent BSODS and crashes after about 30 mins of playing any game.: Hi there, I've been getting frequent BSOD's and game crashes recently and I'm hoping someone can help me analyze the dmp files as I'm pretty illiterate when it comes to it.0x12B_c00002c4_StCtDecompressFailed_nt!ST_STORE_SM_TRAITS_::StDmPageError...
  3. Frequent BSODS and crashes after about 30 mins of playing any game.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Frequent BSODS and crashes after about 30 mins of playing any game.: Hi there, I've been getting frequent BSOD's and game crashes recently and I'm hoping someone can help me analyze the dmp files as I'm pretty illiterate when it comes to it.0x12B_c00002c4_StCtDecompressFailed_nt!ST_STORE_SM_TRAITS_::StDmPageError...
  4. random BSODs and games crashing to desktop after installing new CPU and motherboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    random BSODs and games crashing to desktop after installing new CPU and motherboard: Hello everyone! I'm having some issues after installing a new Motherboard and CPU into my PC. I switched from a ASUS Prime Z-270K with an Intel i5-7600k to an MSI mpg b550 Gaming Plus with an AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D. After the switch I had a lot of issues with occasional blue...
  5. random BSODs and games crashing to desktop after installing new CPU and motherboard

random BSODs and games crashing to desktop after installing new CPU and motherboard: Hello everyone! I'm having some issues after installing a new Motherboard and CPU into my PC. I switched from a ASUS Prime Z-270K with an Intel i5-7600k to an MSI mpg b550 Gaming Plus with an AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D. After the switch I had a lot of issues with occasional blue...
  6. random BSODs and games crashing to desktop after installing new CPU and motherboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. PC randomly restarted without BSOD while gaming. Computer didn't turn off, it froze at...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC randomly restarted without BSOD while gaming. Computer didn't turn off, it froze at...: Happened during gaming, cpu is being cooled very well, gpu drivers are maybe 1 driver behind the latest, never had any other faulty problems with my hardware.Restart happened on the 4/22/24 on 12:41 AMChecked event viewer and found this critical error during the time of the...
  8. PC randomly restarted without BSOD while gaming. Computer didn't turn off, it froze at...

PC randomly restarted without BSOD while gaming. Computer didn't turn off, it froze at...: Happened during gaming, cpu is being cooled very well, gpu drivers are maybe 1 driver behind the latest, never had any other faulty problems with my hardware.Restart happened on the 4/22/24 on 12:41 AMChecked event viewer and found this critical error during the time of the...
  9. BSOD every time while gaming 0x00000050 - PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA - dxgmms2.sys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD every time while gaming 0x00000050 - PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA - dxgmms2.sys: I just purchased a gaming laptop with AMD & NVIDIA in it.I've use this laptop for just 2 days, and these error getting out of hand.Here's the detailed what's happening:BSOD/Freeze/Unexpected shutdown every time I used it for playing gamesThis error always happening after 40 -...
  10. BSOD every time while gaming 0x00000050 - PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA - dxgmms2.sys

BSOD every time while gaming 0x00000050 - PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA - dxgmms2.sys: I just purchased a gaming laptop with AMD & NVIDIA in it.I've use this laptop for just 2 days, and these error getting out of hand.Here's the detailed what's happening:BSOD/Freeze/Unexpected shutdown every time I used it for playing gamesThis error always happening after 40 -...