Windows 10: BSOD only when i use browsers

Discus and support BSOD only when i use browsers in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi there , My brand new laptop ( alienware 14 )only crashes whenever i use a browser to surf internet. i use it for heavy intensive games ,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by john barr, Oct 31, 2016.

1. john barr Win User

BSOD only when i use browsers

Hi there ,

My brand new laptop ( alienware 14 )only crashes whenever i use a browser to surf internet.
    i use it for heavy intensive games , programs . i play games like crysis 3 on ultra and has never ever crashed , or even stuttered . but when i open youtube or any website, a Blue Screen pops and the computer restarts . That happens only when i use the internet . while i play games or edit 4k videos or any thing that doesn't happen
    on the support assist it says that netio.sys crashed the system

i hope i explained enough .

:)

john barr, Oct 31, 2016

2. Back to Back BSOD on Windows 10

Although I am no longer seeing BSOD, yet other issues are still bothering me. Hope it will be fixed with Threshold 2.

My updates were pending, although no such update was there that could address my BSOD updates. They were just cumulative updates and usual OFFICE updates.

Will alert, if I see BSOD. Although I would note it happened only when I did heavy browsing on Edge browser. May be issue with Edge. BSOD only when i use browsers :(

Gupta Varun, Oct 31, 2016
  3. BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH

PLEASE HELP ME!

My laptop has been restarting because of BSOD, like "kmode exception not handled", "kernel management", "irql not less or equal", "kernel data inpage error", "critical data died", and other BSOD error, but most of the time "kmode exception not handled".

I am using a torch web browser and I think it causes the BSOD, though I am not sure since I've been using torch for a long time now, because when my friend help me uninstall my torch browser my laptop did not restart again. But when I re-install it, the
    BSOD returned so I uninstalled it again.

My laptop is working normally now but still I want to be sure that there are really no problem with it. And what really causes the BSOD if not my torch browser cause I really want my torch browser back.

Minidump

Minidump.zip

DMPS

Shared items 3-26-2017 (1)

I really hope you can help me.

**Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.**

FritzieCacas, Oct 31, 2016
  4. Ztruker Win User

The last dump indicates a problem with idmwfp.sys
    Code: ffffd601`44d90e18 fffff808`73d8c790Unable to load image idmwfp.sys, Win32 error 0n2 *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for idmwfp.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for idmwfp.sys. idmwfp+0x1c790[/quote] This belongs to Internet Download Manager. Please uninstall it and see if that helps.
    Also problem with iSafeNetFilter.sys which belongs to YAC Security Protection. No idea what it is or does but I suggest uninstalling it and see what happens.

Ztruker, Nov 2, 2016
  5. john barr Win User
    i will try this .

i dont have a program called YAC security installed

john barr, Nov 2, 2016
  6. Ztruker Win User
    Look at the properties for iSafeNetFilter.sys. See if that gives you a clue.

Also just noticed this problem, missed it before: athw8x.sys
    Code: ffffd601`44d8fd38 fffff808`72e20310Unable to load image athw8x.sys, Win32 error 0n2 *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for athw8x.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for athw8x.sys athw8x+0x290310[/quote] This belongs to Qualcomm Atheros Extensible Wireless LAN device driver. The one installed is dated Thu Jan 28 04:52:54 2016.
    Check to see if there is a newer version available. The only one I find on the Alienware web site is dated 27 Aug 2015 which is older that the one you have. Might want to try it though, see if it helps.

Ztruker, Nov 2, 2016
  7. john barr Win User
    This belongs to Qualcomm Atheros Extensible Wireless LAN device driver. The one installed is dated Thu Jan 28 04:52:54 2016.
    Check to see if there is a newer version available. The only one I find on the Alienware web site is dated 27 Aug 2015 which is older that the one you have. Might want to try it though, see if it helps.[/quote] what is that mean ??
    dont know what this driver is

it hasnt crashed since before yesterday

john barr, Nov 2, 2016
  8. Ztruker Win User

John, don't understand your question. What does what mean? Please be specific so I can follow.

Ztruker, Nov 3, 2016
  9. john barr Win User
    first of all thanks for the help
    second i don't know what that driver is so i don't know how to update it !

john barr, Nov 3, 2016
  10. Ztruker Win User
    That's the driver for your Killer Wireless-N 1202 Network Adapter (made by Qualcom). The one on the Alienware site dated 27 Aug 2015 which is older that what is currently installed. There is a newer one on the Killer download site:

Killer Networking - Driver Downloads

Code: Killer Driver for E2200, E2400, and Killer Wireless Killer Suite Version 1.1.65.1752 Windows 7, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10, Updated On Tuesday, 01 November 2016 Download[/quote] Try installing that one, see if it helps.

Ztruker, Nov 4, 2016
  11. john barr Win User
    Try installing that one, see if it helps.[/quote] thanks for the help
    i try this

john barr, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD only when i use browsers - Similar Threads - BSOD browsers

2. Constant BSOD while opening Browser especially Chrome

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Constant BSOD while opening Browser especially Chrome: Hi,Need some help here where I have been constantly getting BSOD of either DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and something related to Kernel & System. Need someone to assist in investigating on whether it is related to my RAM that is required to change or it is because of a...
  3. Constant BSOD while opening Browser especially Chrome

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Constant BSOD while opening Browser especially Chrome: Hi,Need some help here where I have been constantly getting BSOD of either DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and something related to Kernel & System. Need someone to assist in investigating on whether it is related to my RAM that is required to change or it is because of a...
  4. Constant BSOD while opening Browser especially Chrome

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. BSOD Memory_Management mainly while using browser, need help

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Memory_Management mainly while using browser, need help: Started a few months ago which happens randomly while I'm using chromeBut the past few days it has gotten worse to the point that I'm having multiple crashes a daySometimes it even crashes immediately after reboot before I did anythingI tried updating my gpu driver and using...
  6. BSOD Memory_Management mainly while using browser, need help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Memory_Management mainly while using browser, need help: Started a few months ago which happens randomly while I'm using chromeBut the past few days it has gotten worse to the point that I'm having multiple crashes a daySometimes it even crashes immediately after reboot before I did anythingI tried updating my gpu driver and using...
  7. BSOD Memory_Management mainly while using browser, need help

8. Multitude of Bsod's, frequent crashing browser tabs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multitude of Bsod's, frequent crashing browser tabs: My pc is one I built myself about 4 months ago. Starting about a week back or so, I started getting random bluescreens. More recently these have become more frequent to a painful degree. The Bsod screens have a pretty wide variety, such as but not entirely limited to:"Page...
  9. Multitude of Bsod's, frequent crashing browser tabs

Multitude of Bsod's, frequent crashing browser tabs: My pc is one I built myself about 4 months ago. Starting about a week back or so, I started getting random bluescreens. More recently these have become more frequent to a painful degree. The Bsod screens have a pretty wide variety, such as but not entirely limited to:"Page...
  10. BSOD after using browsers and sometimes using apps

BSOD after using browsers and sometimes using apps: I have this problem since microsoft release the pre patch or something to test windows 11 till now and BSOD keep happening...after the crash i procede to check everything if somethings is damaged but everything in my system is fine...this are some of the codes:this the most...