Windows 10: BSOD only when Outlook is open

Discus and support BSOD only when Outlook is open in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; New Dell computer about 5 months old with Windows 10 Pro installed. I installed Office from my Office 365 subscription. All Office apps initially work... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JohnFrid, May 19, 2019.

1. JohnFrid Win User

BSOD only when Outlook is open

New Dell computer about 5 months old with Windows 10 Pro installed. I installed Office from my Office 365 subscription. All Office apps initially work great, including Outlook. After 2 months I add about 5 new accounts to Outlook. Then I get the dreaded blue screen of death after having Outlook open for a period of time (usually 5 - 60 minutes). BSOD message is "IRQL_NOT_EQUAL_TO_OR_LESS", which in my past experience has usually indicated a problem with a driver or memory. I can run Windows for weeks without any issues as long as I do not open Outlook. Windows, Office and all drivers have been updated to the latest and greatest. Ideas?

:)

JohnFrid, May 19, 2019
  2. Sigurd Win User

Opening a .MSG file created by Outlook 365

Because the apps I had tried and the one I had installed, appeared on the list of possible Apps in the list for opening MSG files, I thought that repairing Outlook might work. So I tried the repair option as Sheltieuk had suggested. When I then tried Start – Defaults afterwards and looked to see what was available to open MSG files, Outlook had appeared on the list! Selected that and it worked.

For once I have posed not only a question but an answer!!

Sigurd, May 19, 2019
  3. John Vil Win User
    Can't open Outlook links in Edge

Hi,

In order for us to assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Dose this problem occur on a particular website or all the links you try to open from Outlook?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done?

In the meantime, we suggest that you reset Microsoft Edge. Kindly refer to the steps below:

• Open Microsoft Edge.
    • Click on More options […].
    • Click on Settings.
    • Click on ‘Choose what to clear’.
    • Select all of them and click on Clear all.

We look forward for your reply.

John Vil, May 19, 2019
  4. Munki Win User

GUIDE:How to transfer contacts from Microsoft Outlook to Gmail

I'm sitting here in the office, its the end of the year in the school system, and several employees transferring to alternative counties. With this it brings loads of transferring contacts to take with them from their company phone. Well, this one in particular sparked a guide idea. So here it is, How to transfer Outlook contacts to your Gmail account.

Step 1: Sign in to your outlook account.
    step 2 In the top left hand corner click File > Import/Export > Export to file > Browse to desired place to save your file > export. Be sure you export the file as .csv (comma separated values)
    Step 3 Log into your Gmail account
    Step 4 Select 'Contacts' In the subsection you will see a 'Import' button on the right-hand side. Click it.
    Step 5 Browse to the location where you saved it > Open it > Click Import.

I would have provided pictures, but I use neither Outlook or Gmail. Hope someone somewhere gets some use from this. *Toast :toast:

=Munki=

Munki, May 19, 2019
Thema:

1. BSOD only when Outlook is open - Similar Threads - BSOD Outlook open

2. Outlook wont open when other tabs are open.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Outlook wont open when other tabs are open.: In the last month, Outlook won't open when I have more than 2 tabs open. This did not happen previously. I have cleared the cache. What should I do to fix it please?...
  3. Bsod only when gaming

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bsod only when gaming: Hey. Ive recenlty built a new pc and when Im playing games I get BSOD "WHEA Uncorrectable Error" or a sudden restart. Ive sent my pc to a test to see if all the parts are good and nothing corrupted. Its seems like its something else I dont know what it could be. on windows...
  4. opening outlook

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    opening outlook: Outlook will not open. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/opening-outlook/5224d7b4-5764-4c23-887e-d1e4745d3542
  5. BSOD only when streaming?

BSOD only when streaming?: Hi, I've been having issues with streaming on my newly built pc for the past week. My streams can last varying from 15 mins-3 hours. I don't have any issues when only playing games, just when playing and streaming at the same time. Specifically I've been trying to play...
  6. Microsoft Office will not open Outlook on OC, only Outlook.com

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Microsoft Office will not open Outlook on OC, only Outlook.com: Hello, I have a laptop with Windows 10 Version 1909. I have Office for Home & Business 2019 installed since last year. A few days ago, I could not open a new word document, so I ran a repair. The repair stalled and since then when I went into Office and clicked on Outlook, it...
  7. BSOD When starting "Outlook"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BSOD When starting "Outlook": Hey, a really weird Issue - maybe somebody have a hin for me where to look next. Device: Lenovo Yoga C940 (2019) with a i7 16GB RAM and 512 SSD Problem: Every Morning when I start my laptop, open Outlook and click the first new email it freezez and a second later BSOD...
  8. Open Outlook

in Windows 10 Customization
    Open Outlook: How do I get the Calendar screen to open when I open "Outlook? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/open-outlook/28be9ed9-5929-4086-93cf-85ad8fdb9a1e
  9. Skype crashes when outlook is opened

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Skype crashes when outlook is opened: My version of Skype is 7.18.0.112 each time i start outlook 2013 it stops working. I'v tried to reset the priorities for Skype, deleted the local directory for skype in appdadat...nothing seems to help. My windows 10 pro is up to date and everything else just works...
  10. BSOD when only browsing

BSOD when only browsing: Hi, (First of all sorry for my poor English, because as you`ll find out I`m not a native speaker *Smile ) Since 21 march I had at least 1 BSOD per day, but today I have had at least 6 of them ... So after let`s say 10 minutes of only browsing (Firefox (45.0.1) x86) and...