Windows 10: BSOD only when playing certain games.

Discus and support BSOD only when playing certain games. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi. I have had BSOD for a few months now, and it only happens when I play some games and not others. The BSOD is WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR. I attached... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by tskgreen22, Oct 13, 2019.

1. BSOD only when playing certain games.

Hi. I have had BSOD for a few months now, and it only happens when I play some games and not others. The BSOD is WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR. I attached some screenshots of the .dmp file from Event Viewer and another from a blue screen support viewer. Any help would be great. My PC is about 5 years old, build it myself. 16gb ram and i7 devils canyon processor. Not overclocked. Also have Geforce GTX 970. Thanks.

:)

tskgreen22, Oct 13, 2019

2. BSOD When playing games

Hi Jackson,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

Please share the information requested below:

• Does the BSOD occur while playing a particular game?
    • Is the game downloaded from Windows Store?

I suggest you to update the Graphic Card drivers by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update.

Refer the link below for more information:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Oct 13, 2019
  3. Plaplace Win User
    BSOD when playing certain games

I get BSOD's when playing certain games; Deus Ex Mankind Divided, Civilization VI, and Witcher 3. However, I don't get BSOD's when playing Crysis 3, or Call of Duty Infinite Warfare. The driver that's causing it is Hal.dll. My PSU is new, and I ran the windows memory test and it reported no errors. I'm at a loss. Crash file is attached.

Windows 10 - Operating System
    CPU - i5-4590
    GTX 960
    16gb Ram (Hyper Fury)

Plaplace, Oct 13, 2019
  4. BSOD only when playing certain games.

Certain keys unresponsive while playing games.

Hello Anthonie,

We realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with certain keyboard keys not working when playing games. We will certainly help you.

• Have you installed all pending Windows updates?
    • Does the issue occur when you play online games or downloaded games from store or installed using DVD?

Kindly download and install any game and check if the same issue occurs with the games as well. Further install all pending Windows updates and check if the same issue occurs.

Let us know the result. We will be happy to assists you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Oct 13, 2019
Thema:

BSOD only when playing certain games.

1. BSOD only when playing certain games. - Similar Threads - BSOD playing certain

2. BSOD when playing certain games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD when playing certain games: Hello, I've recently been suffering from IRQL Not Equal or Less BSOD when playing Solasta Crown of the Magister on GamePass.I had recently reinstalled Windows 10 because I was encountering BSODs only when playing certain games, including No Man's Sky on GamePass and V Rising...
  3. BSOD when playing certain games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD when playing certain games: Hello, I've recently been suffering from IRQL Not Equal or Less BSOD when playing Solasta Crown of the Magister on GamePass.I had recently reinstalled Windows 10 because I was encountering BSODs only when playing certain games, including No Man's Sky on GamePass and V Rising...
  4. BSOD when playing certain games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. BSoD only whilst playing certain games

BSoD only whilst playing certain games: I've been getting BSoD errors whilst playing specific games at the moment in time, it is the final fantasy pixel remaster series whilst running fine on many more games that are more taxing, the really annoying thing is that most BSoD's stay stuck at 0% so it doesn't create a...
  6. BSOD only when playing certain games!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD only when playing certain games!!!: I have been having a BSOD issue every couple weeks where I will start up specific games and within an hour or two, I experience a BSOD crash. I am not sure of what to do as my research capabilities comprehension really... has hit a brick wall. I have attached my Minidump...
  7. BSOD only when playing certain games!!!

BSOD only when playing certain games!!!: I have been having a BSOD issue every couple weeks where I will start up specific games and within an hour or two, I experience a BSOD crash. I am not sure of what to do as my research capabilities comprehension really... has hit a brick wall. I have attached my Minidump...
  8. BSOD only when playing certain games!!!

9. BSOD when playing certain games

BSOD when playing certain games: I get BSOD's when playing certain games; Deus Ex Mankind Divided, Civilization VI, and Witcher 3. However, I don't get BSOD's when playing Crysis 3, or Call of Duty Infinite Warfare. The driver that's causing it is Hal.dll. My PSU is new, and I ran the windows memory test and...
  10. BSOD when playing certain games

BSOD when playing certain games: My laptop been having this problem for this many times. While gaming everyday, have BSOD almost everyday. Screen went blue and won't restart at all. have to manually restart the laptop. The DM Log Collector file is attached. From: Kevin 29255